Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Elite Of Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-12, 06:29 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
well although some lexus dealerships are part of elite of lexus, but i won't be surprised if their service is still above industry standard. i have seen a lot of exceptional service stories by lexus dealerships
Im sure that Lexus corp. as well as the dealers view it as a best of the best type of thing. Whether that comes through with (Lexus) consumers might be another thing.
Old 04-23-12, 07:22 PM
ELITech
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Elite comment

Hi,

As a Lexus technician, I thought I would add a bit more insight to the 'Elite' status that a dealership has the right to earn.

Dealerships do not compete with each other. Any and all can achieve the status.

Part of the reason that may have caused the dealership to lose the Elite status may rest on the technician side, a part that you never deal with.

While there are customer satisfaction numbers to be met, etc., you must have a certain percentage of technicians at your dealership be Lexus Certified. As we all know, turnover occurs in every career field.

When new technicians start at Lexus, regardless of their past experience, unless they worked for another Lexus dealership and became certified there, they must go through a certification class.

So, if you have new technicians that have yet to be certified, even if all other requirements are met, your dealership cannot achieve that status.

I know someone touched on that before, but I wanted to elaborate a little on the matter.
Old 04-24-12, 04:21 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ELITech
Hi,

As a Lexus technician, I thought I would add a bit more insight to the 'Elite' status that a dealership has the right to earn.

Dealerships do not compete with each other. Any and all can achieve the status.

Part of the reason that may have caused the dealership to lose the Elite status may rest on the technician side, a part that you never deal with.

While there are customer satisfaction numbers to be met, etc., you must have a certain percentage of technicians at your dealership be Lexus Certified. As we all know, turnover occurs in every career field.

When new technicians start at Lexus, regardless of their past experience, unless they worked for another Lexus dealership and became certified there, they must go through a certification class.

So, if you have new technicians that have yet to be certified, even if all other requirements are met, your dealership cannot achieve that status.

I know someone touched on that before, but I wanted to elaborate a little on the matter.
Thanks for the input, ELITech, you are correct. Employee turnover is an area that Lexus take seriously, especially sales staff. There's a lot of talk on this thread about CSI and Elite status. CSI is just one very small part of the equation. Every department is involved, including parts, service, warranty, sales, and body shop. They must all meet their Elite goals to be considered for the award. Obviously, each dealer has different goals based on sales, number of employees, inventory, etc.
Old 04-24-12, 05:05 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The closest Lexus dealer to me is not a Elite dealer and I can see why.This dealer changes staffs from top to bottom what seems like every 6 months.I did buy vehicles from that dealer because of the numbers but it's a zoo.
I only use the dealer's service because i know one of the service advisors and get treated well.
Then again I usually only get warranty work done.
I'm in the NYC metro area and there are plenty of Lexus dealers and I believe all the other dealers are of elite status.
Old 04-25-12, 12:38 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
This about sums it up...

So it looks like if customer satisfaction responses dip below a certain level and/or the dealership doesn't exceed the standards of what Lexus has determined a dealership should be...the award is not given.

Complete list of the current "Elite of Lexus" dealerships:
http://www.lexus.com/dealers/elite_dealers.html

Thanks for the link, my Lexus dealer is Elite...
Old 04-29-12, 07:30 AM
ELITech
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Thanks for the input, ELITech, you are correct. Employee turnover is an area that Lexus take seriously, especially sales staff. There's a lot of talk on this thread about CSI and Elite status. CSI is just one very small part of the equation. Every department is involved, including parts, service, warranty, sales, and body shop. They must all meet their Elite goals to be considered for the award. Obviously, each dealer has different goals based on sales, number of employees, inventory, etc.
IS350jet,

You are welcome, and you are correct as well. I think that Lexus has the right mindset that a dealership cannot become an Elite dealership unless multiple goals are achieved. On the outside, it can be hard to realize just how much goes into making a dealership Elite. I applaud the ones who have achieved that status, and hope more can achieve the same goal.

I think when you have the right people employed on every level at the dealership, they mesh well and really do care about providing the best level of service out there.
Old 04-29-12, 09:38 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I looked at the web site for the dealership in question and it looks like the sales management as well as the sales reps are pretty much the same.

The service management is the same also, but all of the Service Consultants, except for one or so, have changed. Maybe that's the area that needed changes. The techs aren't pictured so there may have been changes there as well.
Old 02-12-14, 03:16 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Approximately 180 out of 250. Pretty exacting standards, CSI, sales and service volume, % of employees certified. A team can have all Hall of Fame players on the roster, doesn't discredit the H. of F. right?