Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lincoln MKZ Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-12, 12:42 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only way to drive a 13 mkz if it was a pre production car. it is possible. many people are very misinformed about lincoln. most people who say lincoln is not a luxury brand have never driven one. preproduction cars are not 100% finished products so they usually still have problems to be worked out. lincoln is a much better brand than it was 10 years ago and will continue to improve.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 10-22-12, 03:46 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

The Lincoln test drive took place as part of the Long Island Auto Show at Nassau Coliseum.

They had 3-4 of the MKZs to test drive, so I doubt these were preproduction. Again there were no rattles but when the hybrid engine came on there was a loud noise and vibration to the car.

Chevrolet, Cadillac, Scion, Buick also had their cars available to test drive!

I was actually extremely impressed by the interior quality of the Caddy XTS.
Old 10-22-12, 03:50 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dc893
the only way to drive a 13 mkz if it was a pre production car. it is possible. many people are very misinformed about lincoln. most people who say lincoln is not a luxury brand have never driven one. preproduction cars are not 100% finished products so they usually still have problems to be worked out. lincoln is a much better brand than it was 10 years ago and will continue to improve.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
10 years ago Lincoln offered the LS which is better by far than any current model they have. Rear wheel drive, avail V8, and good styling.

Old 10-22-12, 06:12 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a good looking car. The other models have been so dated it's ridiculous. I do agree they need another RWD sedan or even something sporty would be nice. Lincoln is doing a better job trying to separate themselves from ford. We no longer have anything at all that says Ford on it at our dealership. The Lincolns also seem to be priced much better than other luxury brands. It's just been hard for them to get away from the old people car stereotype.

I know the MKS is based off the Taurus, but that car is so nice and comfortable inside. I know a lot of people don't like that design, I think it looks great. I just wish it was RWD. The 12 MKZ is also very comfortable, the options are just a little dated compared to the 13 models.

If the 13 MKZ hybrid is noisy I will be very surprised because the 12 MKZ is very quiet. I doubt they would want to work backwards.
Old 10-22-12, 10:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
10 years ago Lincoln offered the LS which is better by far than any current model they have. Rear wheel drive, avail V8, and good styling.

I'm a big fan of the LS V8. Would love to pick one up
Old 10-23-12, 12:37 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I did see one on PA. ave in DC last week. Silverish/gray color it was. Not a bad looking car but by no means will it stop traffic. Im a big fan of LIncoln but imo, their best looking cars are always their concepts. Production models almost always turn out to look exactly like its Ford-based siblings. I had a 98 Continential which i adored. Smooth, comfortable, quiet, moderate power, and very gorgeous even if the styling was ripped from the Jaguar studio. I would love to see a flagship car based on the Continential concept from years back but thats a stretch nowadays. smh
Old 05-15-14, 09:37 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The CNET Take on the 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

It seems that the best thing CNET can say about the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid sedan is that it’s unusual (in a positive way) for not costing more than the regular non-hybrid model.

The MKZ is not a bad car by any account, and it couldn’t be, being based on the talented Ford Fusion, but all reviews we’ve seen of it so far have found many faults with it; it’s a hard car to justify buying given its many much more talented rivals that also happen to get better publicity.

The design of the exterior is distinctive enough and it’s (subjectively) the best thing about the MKZ. Inside, it looks far too much like a Ford, and works like one too; Lincoln should take a look at how Audi differentiates itself from Volkswagen but without losing the connection and cohesion between the two styles building interiors.

Scroll down and check out the full video review below!
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/the...kz-hybrid.html