Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Beware Of Ebay Vendor

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-12, 01:22 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Beware Of Ebay Vendor

I tried to buy a new front lip from ebay. Never had a problem until now. The company is called Express Aero Kits. The lip was bought Feb 12 and 3 times I was told it would be shipped right out and a month later, nothing. I finally got it but it was the wrong lip. dude never answered the phone nor returned calls. He did email me but was slow in doing so.

Since several members use ebay I wanted to pass along my experience.

This is not a complaint about ebay, i've used it several times with no issues. The proble is with Don from Express Aero Kits. He lied/mislead me several times and sent me the wrong item. Now he won't reply to emails.

The guy even tried to extort me by telling me he would only send a replacement if I wrote a 5 star rating on ebay.

Don, if you see this, I am planning to show up at your door for my money.
Old 03-14-12, 02:01 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Paypal dispute it...I've done this twice with no issues...

or have they drawn the transaction out so long that you can't do this?
Old 03-14-12, 05:50 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bagwell
Paypal dispute it...I've done this twice with no issues...

or have they drawn the transaction out so long that you can't do this?
I heard from the dealer after writing a negative rating on ebay. He said he was going to get me the right lip and pay the shipping if I had done a positive rating but now I have to pay the shipping cost. Shipping to Calif is probably going to be over $100 so I decided to keep the lip. The cost of the lip was $240. Spending another $100-120 for a low cost lip didn't seem to make sense. Since it is the same lip I had that got broken, I'll use it for a while then buy the one I really want sometime down the road.

I'm still gonna post this issue every where.
Old 03-14-12, 06:20 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
I heard from the dealer after writing a negative rating on ebay. He said he was going to get me the right lip and pay the shipping if I had done a positive rating but now I have to pay the shipping cost. Shipping to Calif is probably going to be over $100 so I decided to keep the lip. The cost of the lip was $240. Spending another $100-120 for a low cost lip didn't seem to make sense. Since it is the same lip I had that got broken, I'll use it for a while then buy the one I really want sometime down the road.

I'm still gonna post this issue every where.
dispute it... I got a pre-paid shipping label to ship the junk back... got every penny paid back...

very painless, except the money I was out for a couple weeks...

your rating shouldn't affect how the transaction goes, instead, how the transaction goes should affect the rating, in which it did...

File your dispute, send the junk back, make him pay for his mistake...
Old 03-14-12, 07:08 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
dispute it... I got a pre-paid shipping label to ship the junk back... got every penny paid back...

very painless, except the money I was out for a couple weeks...

your rating shouldn't affect how the transaction goes, instead, how the transaction goes should affect the rating, in which it did...

File your dispute, send the junk back, make him pay for his mistake...
+1, just dispute it thru PAYPAL -- they will get all your $$$ back -- if he wants the lip back, make him pay for shipping.
Old 03-14-12, 09:38 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't just keep the lip you don't want. Screw that!!!! File a Paypal claim, get all your money back and then if he wants the lip back that you have right now, have them pay return shipping for making the mistake too. You DO NOT have to accept keeping the wrong lip.
Old 03-15-12, 05:08 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks guys for the info. I never had a problem before and didn't know paypal could resolve it. I already dropped off the lip at the body shop. I have aleady been going through this over a month. If I do get my money back, I'll still be waiting for the lip I want another month coming from overseas since its out of stock. It could take longer. Add to that the time its been since I broke the original lip...about 3 months ago. The area where the lip was needs painting. I can't take it anymore that my baby has a flaw.

The lip they sent me is just like the original so I do like it. I wanted something a little more aggressive but I'm not that patient with things like this. I've made up my mind. I'll put this on and get a new one later. I can wait as long as the car looks normal.

Like many of you guys, I'm blessed to be able to say the $240 is not that much money. Plus I should be able to sell the current lip when I buy a new one. I will lose the $275 labor its costing me to paint and install the lip but again, that's not hurting me too much, thank God.
Old 03-23-12, 03:58 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

The car is back to normal again. Looking forward to changing lips one day but for now, its good to be whole again. Instead of selling this one I'll put it on wifey's car. It's about time I kitted hers.