Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-12, 06:23 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I work in franchising. I am actually the area operations manager for a major brand.

Everything is bound by the franchise agreement, it states everything that is expected.

In this case, the story seems almost to horrible to be true (I'm sure the OP is telling the truth) but I almost can't believe it.

Now, dealing with franchise owners, staff and managers is not easy. The area ops manager has to move cars, make corporate money and get the dealer to sell more models, in this case, I can't see corporate coming down on the franchise. Anger the franchise or let the customer go angry? Sometimes you have to have your frontline dealers back.

The issues are not easy to prove that the dealer did them. Pitted windshields that was noticed because of the sun? Missing wheel locks? 20 ± days with the owner not following up? And no phone calls by the dealer? And a scratched windshield from a long time ago?
yeah, this needs to be brought to the attention of the owner, which will be done by the BBB for sure.
Old 03-16-12, 12:21 PM
GrdnRxR
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I feel the same way. When I had my GS I was amazed with the service quality relative to Infiniti, but as time went on there were so many return visits because the work was not well or the problem still existed but to them that being too picky. These dealers nowadays dont want to help you unless the visit will generate cash. Im not saying they havent helped me in the past , but they really screwed me this time. I drive a 72K luxury flagship. Why the hell wouldn't I be picky. The nature of ownership of these vehicles will always entail a bit of obsession. This is why we spend this kind of money on a car Bell Lexus!!! Its about attention to detail and the experience.

I had problems with the sister store, (further west on Bell). Years ago,They drove my GX to fix the brakes. Burned up 1/4 tank of gas. When called them on it I was told I was lying.....

That's just one of the AZ stories......

Actually all the AZ dealers are pretty bad. They seen to think they're the only game in town.
Old 03-16-12, 01:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
Now that's what I'm talking about. Keep us updated on what happens!!
I am going to file a complaint tonight when I get home. I have been crazy at the office

I work in franchising. I am actually the area operations manager for a major brand.

Everything is bound by the franchise agreement, it states everything that is expected.

In this case, the story seems almost to horrible to be true (I'm sure the OP is telling the truth) but I almost can't believe it.

Now, dealing with franchise owners, staff and managers is not easy. The area ops manager has to move cars, make corporate money and get the dealer to sell more models, in this case, I can't see corporate coming down on the franchise. Anger the franchise or let the customer go angry? Sometimes you have to have your frontline dealers back.

The issues are not easy to prove that the dealer did them. Pitted windshields that was noticed because of the sun? Missing wheel locks? 20 ± days with the owner not following up? And no phone calls by the dealer? And a scratched windshield from a long time ago?

I am depressed and sad to say that its all true. I am still in amazement that the manager told the SA to tell me not to come back. I think in the end he feels that he helped me with the vibration diagnosis and feels irritated that I complained. But what he doesnt seem to understand is that they did not diagnose a thing, put all of the mileage on the car, and damaged it. In his eyes, because I have an extended warranty they can only replace a part if there is a problem. Since they cant figure out they didnt want to bill the warranty for a part because then it wouldnt allow them to file for another part for a fix. In the end what he needs to realize is that you are not supposed to fix a problem with the car by "throwing parts at the car". They admitted to me that if the car had the factory warranty they could rebuild the car on covered parts. This proves to me that the quality of work there is shabby. Its like a dr saying I dont know whats wrong with you, but we can keep taking organs out and transplanting them until the issue goes away.

Originally Posted by msgs350
The more I read into this, the more I think the dealership is trying to "mess" with you and play games.

Why would they keep, I'm sorry "diagnose" a car for 20 days / 600 miles and have it be driven home by the service manager, or whoever on a regular basis during that time? Sounds like someone had a "company" LS to show-off.

If Lexus corporate can't control their francise, they have no "backbone/spine".....they are weak. It's like an employer giving in to a crappy employee.

Sorry you have to deal with this, but it might help other members (such as myself) in the future. If doesn't go good...I will stop going to a dealership to get my car serviced like I have been since I've owned my car.

Oh yeah...$250 is a like a slap in the face for someone who cam afford ton drive this car and service it at a dealership.
I told the SA that $250 was a bit of an insult . $250 is chump change for me and it s definitley chump change for a dealership

Originally Posted by jimbosr1
i would go into bell and act like i was going to trade in my car.going through the test drive.a very long test drive and have them go do all the paperwork and when it comes down to the signing of the paperwork i would at that time tell them where they can stick there new car.you will feel pretty good after that.

HAHA that ish would be awesome, but I would be merely irritating the sales side and they had nothing to do with it. I am pretty sure the SA and the service manager are going to freak out when the BBB contacts them. I know they still think I am going to bash them online and go away. Thats not going to happen
Old 03-16-12, 01:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Some shocking things from this experience.

1. Bell Lexus cant fix my Lexus ( I guess I should take my LS460 to PEP BOYS)
2. SA told me that he wished I drove a BMW and not to come back ( since I am so particular about my damaged car, mileage, no diagnosis, and complain when the door panels in my car have gaps so big that the insulation is sticking out and the door panel is still not on the door frame the right way)
3. Lexus corporate is totally powerless and useless in this situation
4. Shocking to see how far these guys have fallen in quality of work

I have to say I really appreciate and value all of the support that my Club Lexus brothers have shown me. Any advice on this would be a big help. Thanks for everything so far. Anyone know what I have to do to get this complaints to pop up when someone searches Bell Lexus online ???
Old 03-16-12, 02:26 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
yeah, this needs to be brought to the attention of the owner, which will be done by the BBB for sure.
The BBB will look into it. BUT it is very difficult to prove that the dealer:

1. Put 600 miles on the car (was it documented what the miles were when the care entered the service area)

2. Almost impossible to prove the pitting from the windshield was because of the dealer. (It could of hailed) while the car was on the dealer parking lot for all we know.

3. The dealer can ask for a customer to not to return.
Old 03-16-12, 02:50 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know if this has been mentioned. Are you sure the windshield is pitted? Maybe try claying it to see if it's something on the glass. I've had small drops of tree sap fall all over my car/windshield that made it appear pitted until i removed it.
Old 03-16-12, 03:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

1. Put 600 miles on the car (was it documented what the miles were when the care entered the service area)

2. Almost impossible to prove the pitting from the windshield was because of the dealer. (It could of hailed) while the car was on the dealer parking lot for all we know.

The mileage was noted and they admitted to me that it was 620+ miles. If the damaged occurred while on the dealer lot or while the dealer reps are driving the car then they should be responsible for the damage. Yes, you are right, the dealership can ask for a customer not to return. Drs can do the same thing to a patient, but in 11 years of practicing I have never done anything like this ( even though I wanted to )
Old 03-16-12, 03:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ap1_Alan
Don't know if this has been mentioned. Are you sure the windshield is pitted? Maybe try claying it to see if it's something on the glass. I've had small drops of tree sap fall all over my car/windshield that made it appear pitted until i removed it.
I thought it may have been over spray from something but after cleaning the glass repeatedly it didnt do a thing. Its so pitted that there are thousands of little stars on the glass. Its very noticeable when driving into the sun with polarized sunglasses. My wife noticed it and said "WTF....didnt you just get this installed".
Old 03-16-12, 03:31 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

The mileage was noted and they admitted to me that it was 620+ miles. If the damaged occurred while on the dealer lot or while the dealer reps are driving the car then they should be responsible for the damage. Yes, you are right, the dealership can ask for a customer not to return. Drs can do the same thing to a patient, but in 11 years of practicing I have never done anything like this ( even though I wanted to )
I am sure you are right, but can you prove that 600 miles were added?

Can you prove that the windshield was not "pitted" when you left the car?
Old 03-16-12, 04:43 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought it may have been over spray from something but after cleaning the glass repeatedly it didnt do a thing. Its so pitted that there are thousands of little stars on the glass. Its very noticeable when driving into the sun with polarized sunglasses. My wife noticed it and said "WTF....didnt you just get this installed".
Should have told her she's too picky, and asked her not to return to your car.

Hopefully a BBB claim can make the dealership change their tune.
Old 03-16-12, 05:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

i dont think the problem is who is right or wrong, problem is that upper management does not know of the issues, otherwise trust me, they would have fixed it long time by now. BBB will escalate this right away.
Old 03-16-12, 07:26 PM
Ty419
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think the problem is who is right or wrong, problem is that upper management does not know of the issues, otherwise trust me, they would have fixed it long time by now. BBB will escalate this right away.
The problem is that upper management doesn't care. I had a similar issue and Lexus corporate just doesn't care about dealership experience anymore. I tried everything to fix my situation in a professional manner, but their only answer was that I should have to drive an hour to use another dealership. Even though I want another Lexus and feel that they make the best cars, my next car will be an A8L or 750Li. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.
Old 03-16-12, 08:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus corporate was pathetic in my case. They just kept repeating there's nothing we can do, there's nothing we can do. When I would make a good point the rep would just sit silently on the phone as he was a machine or recording. Unless the problem is directly with their car, they cant do anything. They can call service manager but whatever the manager says goes . Although I hope to never have to be in the situation where I need to contact Lexus corporate, this experience really left a bad taste in my mouth. They seemed so weak
Old 03-16-12, 09:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ty419
The problem is that upper management doesn't care. I had a similar issue and Lexus corporate just doesn't care about dealership experience anymore. I tried everything to fix my situation in a professional manner, but their only answer was that I should have to drive an hour to use another dealership. Even though I want another Lexus and feel that they make the best cars, my next car will be an A8L or 750Li. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.
i mean dealership not lexus... i dont think owner/manager would have any problems charging his own service guys to fix this issue and protect his reputation.

if this was lexus doing something wrong themselves, we would never have this issue as dealer would make it warranty repair and lexus would accept it....
Old 03-16-12, 10:18 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

i mean dealership not lexus... i dont think owner/manager would have any problems charging his own service guys to fix this issue and protect his reputation.

if this was lexus doing something wrong themselves, we would never have this issue as dealer would make it warranty repair and lexus would accept it....
We don't know the owner or upper management would do. For all we know, the SA and the techs could have stellar records.

Lexus would also have records of customer service rankings for this dealer.

Also, I read Bell Lexus has a 5 star rating and over 90 reviews on google reviews.

Quick Reply: Had the worst customer service experience in my life at Bell Lexus in Phoenix AZ