Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Kia posts first images of KH concept on Facebook

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 10:42 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexuslvr91
You're likely to find that detail on every GS, M, XF, 3/5/7, Lacrosse and many more.
i'm sure you can see from those pics as well as i do that i wasn't just referring to a general styling cue here.

in any case, car looks nice, except for the grille.

Last edited by raptor22; 02-29-12 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-29-12, 10:55 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

First thing I thought was 3GS. Chunky and toothy grille ruins it, as with most recent Kias.
Old 03-01-12, 03:20 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
So lets get this right. This has no GS in it when the C-pillar is the same and the roofline. You see no ES in the Azera even though they clearly took ES styling cues and aimed for it. I guess the Sonata has no Mercedes CLS cues and the Genesis doesn't have GS/G35/BMW/Mercedes cues, the Veracruz has no RX cues etc etc.

http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi...917_167667.htm

That thing looks like a BMW 7 series merged with a LaCrosse and GS and about 3 other cars. THe Optima looks so much more fluid.
I just think that I said every car I listed has that same design detail did I not.
Old 03-01-12, 08:26 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

they are done with copying Audi now and moving onto BMW???
Old 05-05-12, 11:06 AM
modernx
Rookie

Default Kia K9 Launches in Korea, Export Model to get New Name

Link:
Originally Posted by AB
We so wanted to lead this post with a Jim Belushi joke. Alas, the Kia press release announcing the launch of its rear-drive flagship in Korea today specifically clarifies that the K9 will be renamed for other markets.

While Kia says the large sedan rides on "its own platform," we know enough about the auto industry to posit that much of that platform is shared with the underpinnings of corporate cousin Hyundai's Genesis Sedan and Equus. Like the Hyundai pair, Kia is clearly hoping the not-called-K9-here will help the brand move upmarket, positioning the car as a premium product designed, in the words of Kia's head of design Peter Schreyer, "to compete head-to-head with the European luxury brands."

The Kia sedan will split the difference between the Genesis and the Equus, matching the 120-inch wheelbase of the latter, but with an overall length of 200 inches that's three inches shorter than Equus and almost four inches longer than the Genesis. The Kia sedan will have the same 0.27 coefficient of drag as both the Hyundai models.

Kia says its luxury sedan will be powered by two distinct versions of the corporate 3.8-liter Lambda V6, one making 286 horsepower and the direct-injection version rated at 329. The more powerful engine is said to be "joining the global engine line-up next year," which we'd expect would coincide with the flagship sedan's U.S. launch. Both engines will be mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Kia says the car will be available with a number of safety features including a lane-departure warning system and blind sport detection. A reclining rear seat with leg rest will also be available, just like in the Equus.

Today's announcement raises an interesting possibility. While we wouldn't expect Kia to send its flagship stateside with the less-powerful V6 – indeed, a V8 engine option is surely bound to accompany an official statement of the car's U.S. sales plan – doing so would certainly allow Kia to bring the car to market at a more attractive entry-level price. Kia has a scant resume when it comes launching anything other than budget models here in the U.S., and the brand certainly has considerable work to do if it aims to catch up to Hyundai in pricier segments.

It will certainly be interesting to see where Kia tries to position its unnamed sedan – and whether its (*ahem*) dogged pursuit of the luxury dollar will succeed.

Videos:

/
Old 05-05-12, 09:37 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

That KIA badge does not look good on the car
Old 05-07-12, 03:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

All of the cars look similar today guys. What did you think?? It would have three wheels and a lighting shaped body. Give credit where credit is due. They are coming out with designs that are fresh and exciting.......it also helps that they ( KIA and Hyundai ) hired away the top designers from BMW and Audi. GOOD MOVE!!!! So its not copying when the same designer is simply working for another company. BMW should have doubled the dudes salary to keep them