Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Bentley Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-12, 04:51 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Bentley Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification

My dream sedan got a sport package, sunroof and a champagne cooler!

I am in love At least my LS430 UL got a similar cool box behind the arm rest. Not quite the same isn't it?

Bentley will unveil a highly distinctive and sporting interpretation of the Mulsanne at the Geneva Show next month. The new Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification features a range of design features including unique 21 inch alloy wheels, Bentley Flying ‘B’ wing vents and Diamond Quilted leather trimmed cabin with driver-selectable, sports-tuned suspension and steering.

At the same time, Bentley also announces the introduction of two new options for the Mulsanne range: a large tilt-opening, tinted glass sunroof and an electrically operated bottle cooler complete with hand-blown and hand-cut lead crystal champagne flutes.

The new 21-inch, light aluminium alloy wheels with race‑derived, titanium fasteners, bright-finished rims and 265/40 ZR21 tyres are available in both painted and polished finishes. The two-piece wheels are exclusive to the Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification and are also compatible with Bentley’s optional self-levelling wheel badges.

For the new sportier Mulsanne, the Drive Dynamics Control system, which allows suspension and steering systems to be tuned to a preferred driving style, now has a ‘Sport’ setting. Operated by the rotary switch mounted next to the gearshift selector, the new ‘Sport’ settings provide enhanced grip, body control and steering accuracy. The accelerator and brake pedals of the Mulliner Driving Specification are made from drilled alloy. Mulliner treadplate plaques are applied to the vertical surface of the driver and front passenger door sills.

In addition to the new Mulliner Driving Specification, Bentley has announced a luxury bottle cooler and rear cabin storage area with space for two full-size Champagne bottles in a canted position, allowing opened bottles to be placed back in the cooler. With one touch of a button, the frosted glass door quietly slides open to reveal three hand‑blown and hand-cut lead crystal champagne flutes, displayed by the white LED accent lighting. The flutes can be placed in the bespoke-design bright chrome holders that deploy from the center seat cushion.

There is also the new option of a large tilt-opening, tinted glass sunroof in the front cabin. It floods the cabin with light and gives an extra dimension of space, providing additional ventilation while avoiding the security risk of open windows. To provide welcome shade on hot days, a colour-matched Alcantara blind closes quietly at the touch of a button.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/02/22/o...specification/
Old 02-22-12, 05:00 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

The stance on above 1st pic is so aggressive, I would guess it is a show stance, not the production stance.
Old 02-22-12, 05:38 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I notice that as well. Looks lowered. The interior is amazing.
Old 02-22-12, 05:47 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I notice that as well. Looks lowered. The interior is amazing.
Is hard to say if that aggressive stance is fake or not, it does have a sport suspension and production Continental Supersports do come with very aggressive stance.

If is on a Lexus, like the 4GS debut show car, we all instantly know it is a fake stance just for show

That interior account for a huge amount of that huge MSRP, it is indeed amazing. It is fun when you sit in a car like that, not a single detail feels cheap.
Old 02-22-12, 07:26 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beautifully done

im afraid there will be body kits for 300C out there soon to try to mimic this look

lol
Old 02-22-12, 08:13 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

holy h*** that sunroof is big
Old 02-23-12, 08:58 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UberNoob
beautifully done

im afraid there will be body kits for 300C out there soon to try to mimic this look

lol
300C already looks like this car without any body kit.
Old 02-23-12, 08:59 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
holy h*** that sunroof is big
That is because it doesn't slide open, it only pops up.

Confirmed my theory that people who drive these kind of cars never want to open their sunroof.
Old 02-23-12, 09:01 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

We don't allow opened wine bottles in N.America
Old 02-23-12, 09:20 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
We don't allow opened wine bottles in N.America
That's what the door is for, cops won't know is there

The problem is hiding those three hand‑blown and hand-cut lead crystal champagne flutes

I wonder how much each of those champagne flute cost from Bentley, maybe I can afford one of those, I doubt it though
Old 02-23-12, 10:12 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Great car, I fell in love with it the 1st time I saw it in person. The only thing that I still strongly dislike is the steering wheel. It looks horrible IMO.
Old 02-23-12, 10:43 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by adamls2
Great car, I fell in love with it the 1st time I saw it in person. The only thing that I still strongly dislike is the steering wheel. It looks horrible IMO.
The steering wheel looks ok to me, I am not picky I guess. But especially the ones with the wood trim looks fine to me:

What I dislike the most on this car is the headlights arrangement, I know it is a retro to the Bentley S1 styling and all, but my favorite is still the Turbo R, Arnage's equal size equal height twin headlights. I really don't like the outer lights being smaller and sit lower, hopefully they will change it on the mid cycle update.

Old 02-23-12, 11:29 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mulsanne taken further. I'd get a Bentley Mulsanne over a Rolls Royce Phantom or Ghost anyday.
Old 02-23-12, 11:32 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Mulsanne taken further. I'd get a Bentley Mulsanne over a Rolls Royce Phantom or Ghost anyday.
Me too, I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I was sitting in a Ghost and it didn't feel that much nicer then a fully loaded 760Li
Old 02-24-12, 01:37 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Phantom drop head all day....

Quick Reply: Bentley Mulsanne Mulliner Driving Specification