Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Caterham going karting

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-12, 08:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Caterham going karting

Caterham going karting

Anything you can do, we can do better. Or at least, also. That seems to be the guiding principle over at Caterham these days vis-a-vis its progenitors at Lotus. Or maybe it's the other way around.

Both Caterham and Lotus lay claim to the iconic Seven, that bare-bones, less-is-more ugly duckling of a sportscar loved by purists around the world. Both British automakers also produce what can best be described as racing cars for the road. Both have F1 teams to call their own, both have GP2 feeder teams, both operate one-make sportscar racing series for its most enthusiastic customers, and now both are gearing up to field their own karting teams as well.

Lotus announced its karting program just a few months ago, and now Caterham has followed suit. The team's karts will be designed and developed in-house (presumably with some input from an experienced kart producer), and will be fielded from 2013.

Unlike the Lotus effort, however, which will field karts in established series, the Caterham karts will be used in a new dedicated one-make championship, giving aspiring racing drivers a clear channel to advance through the ranks all the way up to Formula One entirely with Lotus. Er, we mean Caterham.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/19/c...going-karting/
Old 01-19-12, 10:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

sounds pretty cool. Caterham know how to build very light and very fast little vehicles. I would like to see the racing series with these little things running neck and neck