Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac ATS sports sedan (3 series, IS, C Class fighter) revealed

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-14, 09:48 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

This and the RC are great additonal choices on the market for those that are bored with your typical 4-Series, C-Class Coupe and A5.
Old 05-15-14, 10:11 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the RC looks better. The ATS is kinda boring IMO.
Old 05-15-14, 10:30 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Much more conservative forsure. RC should be most aggressive (and dynamic) in class if latest Lexus models are any indication of such.
Old 06-03-14, 05:23 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default U Spy: What's Up with These Camouflaged Cadillac ATS Coupes and Sedan?

Here's our latest reader scoop, courtesy of Patrick Harmon, who spotted these three Cadillac ATS prototypes parked together a couple of weeks ago.

"I took these shots at a hotel near the Denver International airport," he tells us. "Two ATS coupes, one in camouflage the other with just pieces covered and the sedan with black bumpers and grille. You can see the space for the new Caddy logo clearly on the front of all of them."

The sedan we know from previous spy shots that it's the 2015MY ATS with the wreathless emblems and the new front grille that grows in height and loses the bottom extension on the bumper, which itself, has been redesign.

The ATS Coupe is scheduled to go on sale in the States just before the end of summer with a starting price of $38,990, so we don't know if these two models are older engineering prototypes or if Cadillac is testing something new. Feel free to take a closer look at the photos that Patrick sent over and tell us if you spotted anything different or new on the cars.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/06/u-s...mouflaged.html
Old 06-03-14, 06:04 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the 4th pic from the bottom, what kind of car is that to the right of the ATS (next to the driver's side)?
Old 06-03-14, 06:38 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
With these mundane rims on the ATS the RC does look a lot better. If the ATS comes in a V form i'm sure it will look a lot better and may be faster than the RC judging by all the previous V models.

Last edited by rogers2; 06-03-14 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-03-14, 06:45 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the ATS is a little bland, but I absolutely love the CTS. Hopefully they can work some of those details into the ATS at the refresh.

Short of exotics, the RC is one of the most aggressively styled production vehicles I've seen in the last few years. It's definitely going to have a lot more curb appeal than the ATS, even in V form, I think.

Old 06-03-14, 06:47 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rogers2
With these mundane rims on the ATS the RC doesn't look a lot better. If the ATS comes in a V form i'm sure it will look a lot better and may be faster than the RC judging by all the previous V models.
Ok wheels can be easily changed out. The ATS' body line or the lack of is boring and bland.

Good job comparing a ATS-V to a base RC

You do know there is something called the RC-F
Old 06-03-14, 10:45 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

True, RC or RC-F definitely look a lot more aggressive. But I’m not too fond of the new Lexus front end. Too busy for me. The grill looks better IMO on a bigger car or suv. I hope the car sells regardless b/c I luv coupes.
Old 06-03-14, 10:59 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
In the 4th pic from the bottom, what kind of car is that to the right of the ATS (next to the driver's side)?
The 2016 Chevy Cruze

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/06/u-s...aying-low.html
Old 06-03-14, 11:17 AM
LexFather

I just don't understand why they decide to drop the CTS coupe for a ATS coupe which does seem rather bland compared to the CTS. Why not produce both? The CTS coupe was very much liked and revered. Really confusing to me.

In regards to the aftermarket the CTS coupe had huge rear wheel wheels so you could really put wide and aggressive wheels on it. The ATS and CTS sedan are not as aggressive and use less wide wheels.

Old 06-03-14, 11:31 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
I just don't understand why they decide to drop the CTS coupe for a ATS coupe which does seem rather bland compared to the CTS. Why not produce both? The CTS coupe was very much liked and revered. Really confusing to me.

In regards to the aftermarket the CTS coupe had huge rear wheel wheels so you could really put wide and aggressive wheels on it. The ATS and CTS sedan are not as aggressive and use less wide wheels.
Because a CTS coupe would have to compete with the 6 series and e class coupe. Those are already low volume cars and they didn't think they would make that much money.

However the 4 series and C class coupe sell well, Cadillac believed that they could grab some market share..
Old 06-03-14, 12:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by doge
Because a CTS coupe would have to compete with the 6 series and e class coupe. Those are already low volume cars and they didn't think they would make that much money.

However the 4 series and C class coupe sell well, Cadillac believed that they could grab some market share..
Well they are doing well so far moving the CTS up a class so the coupe could have done the same. Instead we get a Cruze based 80k electric car they can't give away.

Old 06-03-14, 12:31 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Well they are doing well so far moving the CTS up a class so the coupe could have done the same. Instead we get a Cruze based 80k electric car they can't give away.
Lol. Cadillac only moved 52 ELR's in May, down from 61 in April. Inventories are up from 1,077 as of April 3, to 1,515 as of today. Incentives are doing nothing...
Old 06-03-14, 03:42 PM
Hoovey689

Thanks for posting this real life photo. Goes to show how Lexus stands out. Yes the competition is nice but they are safe designs. This simple RC350 looks near exotic

Quick Reply: Cadillac ATS sports sedan (3 series, IS, C Class fighter) revealed