Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac ATS sports sedan (3 series, IS, C Class fighter) revealed

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-14, 05:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
F-Sport sells well for Lexus which is why you're seeing more and more. Our own store probably sells between 30-40% F-Sports vs Non. Do you keep up with the latest phones? It's no different with these sporty car trims. Not sure what 'IN(s)' or 'IT(s)' you had growing up but these aggressive designs, new tech and sport packages are what the masses want and sales reflect that.

I wonder if some people actually realize if that's what they're getting. Don't get me wrong.....I'm not suggesting that the majority of buyers are ignorant of what they are buying. I'm sure that's not the case. But, I remember, not that long ago, a neighbor of mine came home with a new Nissan Altima SE....the sport-oriented model. He was not an enthusiast by any means, had a couple of kids, and usually drove like Grandpa. So, naturally, I congratulated him on his purchase, gave him a bottle of SCRATCH-OUT like I often do with new-car buyers, and (very politely) asked him why he chose the more expensive sport-oriented model (something that didn't even match his driving style) when he could have gotten another version with less equipment and probably a lower price? He just looked at me, shrugged his shoulders, and said "I don't know......I didn't even know this was the sport-oriented version". I wasn't there at the dealership with him, and I guess that the salespeople weren't going to point that out to him, either.....and maybe risk losing a sale.
Old 08-19-14, 05:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I wonder if some people actually realize if that's what they're getting. Don't get me wrong.....I'm not suggesting that the majority of buyers are ignorant of what they are buying. I'm sure that's not the case. But, I remember, not that long ago, a neighbor of mine came home with a new Nissan Altima SE....the sport-oriented model. He was not an enthusiast by any means, had a couple of kids, and usually drove like Grandpa. So, naturally, I congratulated him on his purchase, gave him a bottle of SCRATCH-OUT like I often do with new-car buyers, and (very politely) asked him why he chose the more expensive sport-oriented model (something that didn't even match his driving style) when he could have gotten another version with less equipment and probably a lower price? He just looked at me, shrugged his shoulders, and said "I don't know......I didn't even know this was the sport-oriented version". I wasn't there at the dealership with him, and I guess that the salespeople weren't going to point that out to him, either.....and maybe risk losing a sale.
True iirc the Altima SE is mainly a badge. Luckily some models are a bit more obvious in their trims

Old 08-19-14, 05:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

True iirc the Altima SE is mainly a badge. Luckily some models are a bit more obvious in their trims
At that time, it was more than just a badge.....higher-line wheels/tires, standard V6 engine, more gears in the transmission, different suspension, different steering ratio, standard leather seats, etc.....

I agree, though, that it wasn't an F-Sport. Still, I only used the is example to point out out that not everyone actually looks at what they are buying closely.
Old 08-19-14, 05:49 PM
Hoovey689

At that time, it was more than just a badge.....higher-line wheels/tires, standard V6 engine, more gears in the transmission, different suspension, different steering ratio, standard leather seats, etc.....

I agree, though, that it wasn't an F-Sport. Still, I only used the is example to point out out that not everyone actually looks at what they are buying closely.
Agreed NOT everyone does, BUT we live in an age where information is literally at your finger tips so it's harder and harder not to be informed
Old 08-19-14, 06:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Agreed NOT everyone does, BUT we live in an age where information is literally at your finger tips so it's harder and harder not to be informed
It's also hard for people to read (or participate in) Car Chat and not know what they are buying.

Anyhow, back to the ATS.

We don't know the identity of the engine but there are two main suspects: a 425 bhp twin-turbo V6 3.6-liter and a newly developed 500 bhp twin-turbo V6 3.2-liter. Some say there will also be a V8 version with more than 500 bhp for an ATS-V Plus model while gearbox choices for the entire ATS-V Sedan and Coupe range will include a standard seven-speed manual and an optional eight-speed auto.
I'm just noticing these figures now.....skipped over them before. That's a LOT of power for a car the size of the ATS. My guess is that, if approved, it will take some sales away from the CTS-V.....if they do a 3Gen CTS-V.
Old 08-19-14, 09:38 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's also hard for people to read (or participate in) Car Chat and not know what they are buying.

Anyhow, back to the ATS.

I'm just noticing these figures now.....skipped over them before. That's a LOT of power for a car the size of the ATS. My guess is that, if approved, it will take some sales away from the CTS-V.....if they do a 3Gen CTS-V.
I'm sure Cadillac would be fine with the ATS-V being successful and CTS-V going down a bit in volume. They knew that would likely happen as the right-sized their vehicle lineup. As long as it's a net positive overall growth they'll be fine. They've been doing good work of expanding with substantial V Sport on the CTS, etc.
Old 08-20-14, 07:26 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 Cadillac ATS-V spied on video pumping iron

A 2015/2016 Cadillac ATS-V prototype has been caught flexing its muscles on the Nurburgring. This latest round of testing shows the model doing some high speed testing.

The sedan variant that has been caught here wears its customary black and white camouflage livery which is designed to hide the huge air vents, redesigned front grille and power bulge on the hood. In comparison to its standard ATS sibling, the ATS-V also gets larger alloy wheels, an improved braking system, quad exhaust system as well as a rear diffuser and a big rear spoiler

Beneath that said power bulge lies what is believed to be a 3.6-liter twin-turbo V6 engine that produces roughly 425bhp (317kW).

Look for the 2015/2016 ATS-V official unveiling at either the Los Angeles Auto Show in November, or the Detroit Auto Show in January 2015.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11408207...o-pumping-iron
Old 08-27-14, 02:01 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Cadillac confirms 2016 ATS-V Sedan will bow at Los Angeles Auto Show in November

ATS-V Coupe coming next year

Cadillac has announced the 2016 ATS-V Sedan will be introduced in the second half of November at the Los Angeles Auto Show, thus confirming a rumor which emerged earlier this month.

We've seen the new ATS-V Sedan in numerous spy photos and videos so far and now Cadillac is almost ready to finally show the menacing sedan which promises to battle with the BMW M3 (F80) and the upcoming Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. Besides packing an aggressive body kit, the ATS-V Sedan will feature a power bulge, rear diffuser, beefier brakes and a large rear spoiler along with four exhaust pipes and larger alloys.

Under the hood it will likely get a V6 3.6-liter twin-turbo engine generating around 420 bhp (313 kW) and 430 lb-ft (582 Nm) of torque sent to the rear wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission, with the possibility of opting for an all-wheel drive arrangement at an additional cost.

At the Los Angeles Auto Show which starts on November 18 with the first press day, Cadillac will bring only the ATS-V Sedan as the Coupe will premiere next year.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11408278...at-los-angeles
Old 08-27-14, 02:45 PM
Hoovey689

Holy crap, cannot wait to see the M3/4, ATS-V Sedan/Coupe and C63 AMG go at it.

Should be even more exciting if the Jaguar XE gets its R version and Lexus re-introduces the IS-F
Old 08-28-14, 08:05 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Will there be a V8 option on the ATS?
Old 08-28-14, 11:35 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Will there be a V8 option on the ATS?
Sounds like no, just i4, FI I4, V6, FI V6. For a V8 you'll have to step up to the CTS
Old 10-29-14, 06:37 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe spied without camouflage

Click here to view more photos

Coming to Los Angeles next month

The highly anticipated 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe has been photographed without any sort of camouflage.

Caught most likely during a photo shoot, Cadillac's BMW M4 fighter gets a beefy body with a carbon fiber front splitter, a mesh chrome grille, bulging hood with heat extractor vents as well as extended side skirts and a rear trunk lip spoiler. It also comes with a menacing quad-pipe exhaust system finished in chrome along with carbon ceramic brakes hiding behind multi-spoke glossy black alloy wheels wrapped around in low-profile tires.

Power is believed to come from a twin-turbo V6 3.6-liter delivering an estimated 425 bhp (317 kW) to the rear axle via an 8-speed automatic gearbox. For more money clients will allegedly have the possibility of configuring the 2016 ATS-V Coupe with an all-wheel drive setup.

Cadillac has already confirmed the ATS-V Sedan will premiere next month at the Los Angeles Auto Show so chances are the coupe will be exhibited as well. If not, expect a launch in January 2015 at NAIAS in Detroit.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11410298...out-camouflage
Old 10-29-14, 06:38 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default ZZ Performance bringing a 600 bhp Cadillac ATS to SEMA

If you're tired of waiting for the Cadillac ATS-V to arrive, perhaps you might want to check out ZZ Performance's new car.

Set to debut at SEMA, the high-performance ATS has been equipped with an aerodynamic body kit, a ventilated hood and a mesh grille. The car will also have a charcoal metallic vinyl wrap and 20-inch Vossen VF-S alloy wheels.

Under the hood, the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine has been equipped with a larger turbocharger, a twin-scroll manifold and a high-flow downpipe. The company also installed a new intercooler, an optimized ECU and a cat-back exhaust system - among other things. Thanks to all these modifications, the engine should produce up to 600 bhp (447 kW).

Speaking of performance, the ATS has a coil-over suspension, Eibach anti-rollbars and high-performance brakes.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11410258...ac-ats-to-sema
Old 11-13-14, 07:02 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe leaks out early

Debuts in Los Angeles

The 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Coupe has leaked to the web, following yesterday's teaser video.

Looking decidedly more aggressive than the standard model, the coupe has a new front fascia with a carbon fiber splitter, a mesh grille and a larger lower intake. The car also has a ventilated hood, revised side skirts and lightweight alloy wheels that are backed up by a high-performance braking system. Moving further back, there's a prominent rear spoiler and a four-tailpipe sports exhaust system.

The interior largely carries over but there's carbon fiber trim, special sill plates and revised steering wheel with paddle shifters and V-Series badging.
Power will reportedly be provided by a twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6 engine that produces 450 bhp (335 kW). It can be paired to a six-speed manual or an optional eight-speed automatic transmission.

The Cadillac ATS-V Coupe will be unveiled on at the Los Angeles Auto Show on November 18th, so stay tuned for full details.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11411118...eaks-out-early
Old 11-19-14, 05:02 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Sedan & Coupe unveiled with 455 bhp

Both models go on sale next spring

Cadillac has officially unveiled the 2016 ATS-V Sedan and Coupe, ahead of their debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

Described as a "dual-purpose luxury performer," the ATS-V features an aggressive front fascia with a mesh grille and larger air intakes. The model has also a front splitter and a ventilated carbon fiber hood. Moving further back, there's aerodynamic side skirts, a prominent rear spoiler and a four-tailpipe exhaust system. Last but not least, the cars have 18-inch lightweight alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.

If that's not sporty enough, the models can be equipped with Carbon Fiber and Track packages. The Carbon Fiber package features a more aggressive front splitter, carbon fiber hood vent trim and a carbon fiber rear diffuser - among other things. The Track package, on the other hand, includes the Carbon Fiber package as well as a lightweight battery and a Performance Data Recorder.

The interior largely carries over from the standard model but gains carbon fiber trim and a unique instrument cluster with V Series graphics. Customers can also order Recaro performance seats which feature leather and sueded microfiber upholstery.

A twin-turbo 3.6-liter V6 engine resides under the hood and produces 455 bhp (339 kW) and 445 lb-ft (603 Nm) of torque. It can be connected to either a six-speed manual transmission (with Active Rev Match) or an optional eight-speed automatic with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.

Cadillac declined to give detailed performance information but they confirmed one of the models will be able to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds before hitting a top speed in excess of 185 mph (297 km/h).

Speaking of performance, the models have a stiffer chassis with a unique shock tower-to-plenum brace, stronger rear cradle-to-rocker braces and engine compartment V-braces. Engineers also installed a retuned suspension, an electronic limited-slip differential, Magnetic Ride Control and a high-performance Brembo braking system.

The 2016 Cadillac ATS-V lineup will go on sale next spring and pricing will be announced closer to launch.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11411198...d-with-455-bhp

Quick Reply: Cadillac ATS sports sedan (3 series, IS, C Class fighter) revealed