2013 Lexus LX 570

Old 01-07-12, 02:28 PM   #1
LexFather
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

mike_vossen
Wink 2013 Lexus LX 570

TEASE!

The new grill works well with the aggressive nature of this big SUV. The new wheels look influenced by a certain 7:14 lapping exotic supercar Interior is
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

2014 LS F sport
2014 IS F sport Build for SEMA 2013 for Lexus by Vossen, click here for the full build
2013 GS F sport work in progress click here for build
2007 GS 450h modified click her for build
2001 GS 430 L-tuned & modified click here for build now parting out
1992 ES 300 manual my first Lexus….
#teamvossen
LexFather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 02:35 PM   #2
J.P.
Boardroom Thug
Trader Score: (0)

tell me there is LX-F there to keep me from looking at Land Rovers
I know you're not standing on your front porch with a bag of money waiting for me to call you. But I'm not some 18-year-old selling a cure for AIDS. I'm 46 years old, I have 22 years market experience, I know this business. So pick up your skirt, grab your stones, and lets go make some money
J.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 02:36 PM   #3
Rash
-55lbs

rashid.357 rashid357

No pic tease? 2012 sucks already.
Old 01-07-12, 02:48 PM   #4
LexFather
Lexus Fanatic

mike_vossen
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
tell me there is LX-F there to keep me from looking at Land Rovers
We can get you some F-sport stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rash View Post
No pic tease? 2012 sucks already.
Don't wanna **** Lexus off.

2014 LS F sport
2014 IS F sport Build for SEMA 2013 for Lexus by Vossen, click here for the full build
#teamvossen
Old 01-07-12, 02:54 PM   #5
spwolf
Lexus Fanatic

its already posted here:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/6929606-post54.html
Old 01-07-12, 03:45 PM   #6
Mr. Burns
Lexus Test Driver

Click the image to open in full size.

This represents perhaps the start of the decline of Lexus, especially if they slap this grill on more important vehicles like the ES, RX, IS and LS. The shape itself is not the problem but rather how poorly they've finished it.
Mr. Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 03:47 PM   #7
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (3)

Send a message via AIM to MPLexus301

^Couldn't disagree more. The LX has a lot more attitude and personality now...I absolutely love it, and I never liked this generation LX before now.
Old 01-07-12, 03:56 PM   #8
mordecai
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post

This represents perhaps the start of the decline of Lexus, especially if they slap this grill on more important vehicles like the ES, RX, IS and LS. The shape itself is not the problem but rather how poorly they've finished it.
Hyperbole is a hyperbole. I'm not a HUGE fan of the grille on the LX, but the application is not so bad. What I would have preferred is for Lexus to leave the grills to the ALL-NEW models and not try to apply them to older generations for a refresh because it really needs to be meshed in well with the entire car design (and even then for the GS, not everyone is a fan of it).

With that said, it's not too bad. I wish they extended the chrome detailing all the way down to the top of the lower grille and not have it end awkwardly and abruptly just before the lower grille. But I don't work for Lexus, so It's not as bad as I expecting when I saw the spy pics, I'll give it a 3/5
mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 04:00 PM   #9
LexFather
Lexus Fanatic

mike_vossen

You know while Acura's are full of beaked ugly I think we all can admit the beak works better on the SUVs. I think that is a fair shake. The beak works better on the SUVs in shape and in the overall theme of a SUV. Thus I feel the same way so far about the LX. Anyone just bashing it is a complete moron who just hates Lexus. I mean the major change is the addition of LEDs and the lower grill is now in a spindle shape to match the top grill. Its not like the front end is entirely different. This big brute grill matches the big brute LX.

Over the years I've said it over and over Lexus is damned if they do, damned if they don't with people that just hate Lexus anyway. They get called for being bland, even when they are copied by others and they they are called for trying to hard when they try to purposely please these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post

Actually its the decline of quality posting here that troubles many of us. Every time Lexus does something "OMG LEXUS IS GOING TO DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and they still are by far the most successful Asian luxury brand".

Now you and anyone is entitled to their opinion. That said we are looking at one picture, in one angle and no one has seen it in person. We can't say its full of complete awesome and we can't say its part of any decline.

And again for those that watch Fox news, NBC and anything the media says, well yes they will think this grill debuted this year. The fact is this spindle shape debuted on the HS and CT and is now just more pronounced on the GS and now LX etc.

2014 LS F sport
#teamvossen

Last edited by LexFather; 01-07-12 at 04:10 PM..
Old 01-07-12, 04:31 PM   #10
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

the grille definitely works better on the lx than the gs. at least it flows better
Old 01-07-12, 04:58 PM   #11
Hoovey2411
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (16)

I have a feeling this spindle grill is just a precursor to whats to come. Like a few more years and the rest of the body will evolve and not just the front. That said it works on the new GS and LX, but rather its the sheet metal aft that lacks definition to help support this new design language. Needs more distinction or its own evolution in unison with the grill. For the time being both the GS and LX profiles share their predecessors lines (referring to 3GS and 4GS, LX is just a refresh)
|Version 3.5 |TLN #918|
GIANTS|NINERS|SHARKS
Hoovey2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 05:10 PM   #12
Fizzboy7
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Fizzboy7

Oooo, that looks great! Although those little chrome trim "drip marks" running down the upper sides look like... well, dripping paint.

I agree, the boaty grille is much more tolerable on large SUV's- there's simply more space to spread it all out and not make it look overpowering. Consider it's bigger brethren, like semis... big truck = big power = big motor = extra engine cooling = big grille intake.
Old 01-07-12, 05:51 PM   #13
GS3Tek
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominl View Post
the grille definitely works better on the lx than the gs. at least it flows better
I agree.

The grill AND the wheels actually flows much better
GS3Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 06:26 PM   #14
Mr. Burns
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
Actually its the decline of quality posting here that troubles many of us. Every time Lexus does something "OMG LEXUS IS GOING TO DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and they still are by far the most successful Asian luxury brand".

Now you and anyone is entitled to their opinion. That said we are looking at one picture, in one angle and no one has seen it in person. We can't say its full of complete awesome and we can't say its part of any decline.

And again for those that watch Fox news, NBC and anything the media says, well yes they will think this grill debuted this year. The fact is this spindle shape debuted on the HS and CT and is now just more pronounced on the GS and now LX etc.
I'm a fan of Lexus cars, not of Toyota corporate or even the vast majority of Toyotas. One reason I'm a fan of Lexus cars is because up to this point there has been an attention to detail, subtleties and execution in design that I've found very appealing, and non-existent on as wide a scale with most other brands. Even Toyota cars save for one or two models just don't have it.

Here we see some of that being sacrificed in a bid to "stand out" or be "bold", and that half-assed unfinished chrome accent they've got going on is NOT that same Lexus attention to detail. It is half-assed, misguided and unfinished.

This is the old LX grill, have a look at the top half, how artful, fluid and beautiful the details are executed:

Do we see it with the Mercedes GL? No.

The Cadillac Escalade? Certainly not.

If Lexus loses this, IMO their design is FINISHED. The new GS has already lost a lot of it, especially compared to the CT. It's dangerous waters they're venturing in.
Mr. Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 06:29 PM   #15
LexsCTJill
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think the front end is horrible, its not stunning in anyway. The Land Cruiser updates look classier I must say.
LexsCTJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 06:29 PM

Tags
1sicklex, 2012, 2013, 570, acura, forum, interior, jp, lexus, lx, lx570, news, pictures, review, rl