Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus SC440 Roadster (former Supra)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-11, 07:19 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by SupraSC
thanks for the comments. I guess I need to get rid of it one of these days, so I can do another project. I've been working on a 67 shelby GT500 for years now. Hopefully will be finished with it by this time next year. Need to sell the supra to pay for the restoration of the Shelby
You should keep the Supra! It's way cooler than a Shelby and it's one of a kind.
Old 05-08-11, 07:22 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome and great work on fabing everything up. I'd rather have a targa top SC though.
Old 05-08-11, 08:58 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Cool car especially for 2002!!
Old 05-08-11, 09:14 PM
SupraSC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And still looks cool almost a decade later. Can't believe this thread got the epic bump almost a decade later.
Old 05-09-11, 09:06 AM
Vantage1
Driver School Candidate

Default Epic Bump Funny

Epic Bump how funny! Sorry i googled supra roadster and this one of a kind... its what popped, So many whiners here indeed, Have youguys ever tore anything apart and built it with your hands. It is very rewarding. Dude you should keep the supra and tweek it in. Or you could sell it to me I understand having two many, and the Classic Muscle being your Mindset, I also have a list. I signed up just to find out more about the supra. I would keep the supra no doubt...in Time you will find that the money will come to finish the others. Sometimes it just takes Inspiration. Have you added 20" rims or made any other mods? Love to see pics of the shelby too, evn if it is as bad as my 69 rs camaro vert.
Old 05-09-11, 09:42 AM
cenix
Driver

while i'm not a fan of what you did, i do respect the amount of work and enthusiasm you have...especially since you still own the car and enjoy it very much. it's true, that's all that matters. very cool!
Old 05-09-11, 11:29 AM
Kymber317
Driver School Candidate

That's a really cool Supra.
Old 05-09-11, 12:03 PM
SupraSC
Rookie

Originally Posted by cenix
while i'm not a fan of what you did, i do respect the amount of work and enthusiasm you have...especially since you still own the car and enjoy it very much. it's true, that's all that matters. very cool!
Appreciate the comment. I don't mind people not liking what I did to the car. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Over the years I've had many positive comments and several really harsh remarks.

Back in 02 I received an email sayn that If they ever found me in public they would beat me within an inch of my life, make me beg for my life, then slit my throat and enjoy watching my heart take its last beat. All because I cut the top off of a Non turbo that nobody wanted to buy.

I was hoping these nice people would get in touch with me so that I could show what special weapons and tactics truely means oh well.
Old 05-09-11, 12:06 PM
SupraSC
Rookie

If anyone is interested in purchasing this car please PM me
Price: make offer.
Old 05-09-11, 12:08 PM
Kymber317
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by SupraSC
Appreciate the comment. I don't mind people not liking what I did to the car. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Over the years I've had many positive comments and several really harsh remarks.

Back in 02 I received an email sayn that If they ever found me in public they would beat me within an inch of my life, make me beg for my life, then slit my throat and enjoy watching my heart take its last beat. All because I cut the top off of a Non turbo that nobody wanted to buy.

I was hoping these nice people would get in touch with me so that I could show what special weapons and tactics truely means oh well.
That's crazy! People sure do get worked up when you try to do something new to a Supra...
Old 05-09-11, 06:34 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got to say, it looks like you spent a LOT of time on this project, and it really shows. The car looks fantastic and still is easily recognizable as Supra. I hope you did get rid of all the Lexus badges, and left it as a Supra or debadged, as that's the only thing I don't really like about the car. Good job, and good luck on finding it a new home!
Old 05-09-11, 07:11 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

probably the OLDest thread bump I've ever seen
Old 05-09-11, 07:13 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

This is amazing, i don't understand how people couldn't like it, minus the badges. Weird he logged back on though haha, does he get notices or something when people comment on his thread?
Old 05-09-11, 07:17 PM
SupraSC
Rookie

Originally Posted by gray_es300
This is amazing, i don't understand how people couldn't like it, minus the badges. Weird he logged back on though haha, does he get notices or something when people comment on his thread?
I get notices... Had to take a double look. Couldn't believe someone bumped from that long ago. Lol
Old 05-09-11, 07:20 PM
robloc93
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree that it's very unique, it's very well done and looks great(coming from someone who hates convertibles). My only gripe is the badges but that's easily fixable.

Quick Reply: Lexus SC440 Roadster (former Supra)