Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

-->> my Lexus ISF has been in for 1 service appointment 74 days! <<---

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-12, 07:33 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *Batman*
. Lexus Corporate are a bunch of penny pinchers who will take the cheapest solution even if it means leaving a customer with a crappy loaner for 4 months.
Clearly you have never been to a mercedes dealer. RBM here in atlanta used to stick people in Taurus's.
Old 01-23-12, 10:09 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Odd as most would disagree with this. This is one story, there are countless stories here of goodwill done by dealers and Lexus. The bad stories seem to overshadow those.

People seem to think a Lexus won't have any issues or they won't have a lemon. Lexus has issues and lemons, the thing is the chances are much rarer compared to the competition. They do exist though.

Same with dealerships, on average a Lexus dealer and the customers experience will be better than most of the competition. However there will be those dealers and experiences which are horrid and bad.
No offense 1SL, but IMO a dealership is a dealership regardless of the sign out front. Their primary concern is the bottom line, and the same is even more true for the Corporate Execs.

I truely love my ISF, but personally I avoid dealerships and try to live with what ever rattle or minor issue I may have or choose to take it to a private mechanic unless it is warranty. As I mentioned in a earlier post my concern was confirmed when I took my F to Lexus of Westiminster for the first oil change and the technician did not know how much oil the vehicle holds. When I called they offered to add the additional 2 quarts if I drive it back but that was pretty much it.
Old 01-24-12, 10:02 AM
Endika
Rookie

Why didnt you check the oil level before you even payed?
Old 01-24-12, 10:04 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Endika
You really shouldn't have to,no?
Old 01-24-12, 10:53 AM
Endika
Rookie

Just because they are a dealership doesnt mean the techs there are of a higher quality compared to firestone or other comparable all in one service shops
Old 01-24-12, 11:27 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Endika

I waited until I got home because I was putting away the oil I brought in, and noticed I had too many quarts left over. So I checked the oil and found it 2 quarts low, do you think you really have to check something that simple. But with that said I would not ever leave a dealership in the future with out.
Old 01-26-12, 01:39 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

So the car is still running very well. However I discovered a new "gift" from the dealer yesterday, dents on the top of my fenders from something heavy or "leaning" over the engine bay while working on the car!
I'm taking it in next week to have their "paintless" dent guy push them out. They are entirely "pressure" damage as the paint is completely undisturbed and they are almost symmetrical on both sides of the car. Those fender covers may protect from scratches when working on the motor, but not from weight.

What a headache! I also have a warranty repair request out for the finish wearing off on the drivers side seat bolster that seems to be held up on making a determination due to the pending buyback offer on the car. My warranty runs our in 2 weeks and they are holding this up. Lexus continues to FAIL.
Old 02-08-12, 11:51 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Update on Lexus' legendary bad customer service.
My last conversation with my contact at the Lexus Legal group regarding my buy back was Jan. 12th. I was told that Lexus had decided to offer a buy back, and would be making an offer for my car in 7-10 business days.

After 10 business days came and went I called my contact on the 11th business day. As usual I received their voicemail and left a message to call me with details of the process and what my offer was. THERE WAS NO REPLY. At 13 business days I called and left another message, no call back. Again on day 15 and 17 and still no call back. Tomorrow is business day 20 (mind you with weekends it has been much more than 20 days) and STILL no offer or even the courtsey of returning my call.

There is no supervisor to call, no one else to take my call. I transfered to the operator and was told she was in the office each day. There is no excuse for this. This corporation is EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL when things go wrong.

Still NOreply to any of my letters or calls to executive management, Vaughn Wendelstadt, et al.

Coincicentally my factory runs out today. I have a feeling they are dodging my calls to purposely delay the situation until I am out of warranty inorder to put me in some sort of weakened position. THIS SUCKS. I do have an extended warranty that I had to purchase myself but it does not provide the same rights as the original factory warranty.

Thanks for listening to my rant, I just want everyone to know how badly Lexus handles customer service when some thing seriuos arises.
Old 02-08-12, 12:14 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
My last conversation with my contact at the Lexus Legal group regarding my buy back was Jan. 12th. I was told that Lexus had decided to offer a buy back, and would be making an offer for my car in 7-10 business days.

After 10 business days came and went I called my contact on the 11th business day. As usual I received their voicemail and left a message to call me with details of the process and what my offer was. THERE WAS NO REPLY. At 13 business days I called and left another message, no call back. Again on day 15 and 17 and still no call back. Tomorrow is business day 20 (mind you with weekends it has been much more than 20 days) and STILL no offer or even the courtsey of returning my call.

There is no supervisor to call, no one else to take my call. I transfered to the operator and was told she was in the office each day. There is no excuse for this. This corporation is EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL when things go wrong.

Still NOreply to any of my letters or calls to executive management, Vaughn Wendelstadt, et al.

Coincicentally my factory runs out today. I have a feeling they are dodging my calls to purposely delay the situation until I am out of warranty inorder to put me in some sort of weakened position. THIS SUCKS. I do have an extended warranty that I had to purchase myself but it does not provide the same rights as the original factory warranty.

Thanks for listening to my rant, I just want everyone to know how badly Lexus handles customer service when some thing seriuos arises.
Thanks. Confirms what I have always thought about Lexus Corporate Customer Service.
Old 02-08-12, 12:48 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow........
Old 02-08-12, 12:54 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by hwy1isf
No offense 1SL, but IMO a dealership is a dealership regardless of the sign out front. Their primary concern is the bottom line, and the same is even more true for the Corporate Execs.
There's no point owning a Lexus if that's how you truly feel about it. Lexus has achieved financial success throughout its existence by providing reliable products backed by strong customer service, and that approach to profitability has been their competitive advantage over many other luxury makers. Certainly, my experience has been that Lexus service departments are not interested in bottom-line-oriented cost-cutting policies.

Warranty applies for any existing defects, which yours certainly is since you said you already put in a repair request; it doesn't matter when the defect is actually repaired. So in this case, not something you have to worry about specifically.
Old 02-08-12, 05:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

that's just terrible. has the dealer washed their hands of it at this point?
there's several people on this board with contacts at lexus. help anyone?
Old 02-08-12, 05:48 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Dude this sucks...put corporate on blast on all the forums, blog it, vlog it, we'll help it go viral.

Since you live in CA and if I were you, I'd get a face to face appointment with the head of customer relations and not leave until this matter is settled, this is ridiculous.
Old 02-08-12, 06:25 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
that's just terrible. has the dealer washed their hands of it at this point?
there's several people on this board with contacts at lexus. help anyone?
What does the dealer have to wash their hands of? They fixed the car. Unless talking about some form of compensation for something they did wrong in the repair or for taking longer on the repair than was reasonable.

The issue now is with Lexus on the buyback. Delays with a legal department are unfortunately not surprising. Certainly someone from higher up in the hierarchy at Lexus should be following this issue at this point and applying pressure if necessary.
Old 02-17-12, 01:48 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

You all are not going to believe this. The latest FAIL by Lexus.
After 26 business days of waiting for my buy back offer (I was told it would be 7-10), and 5 un-returned phone calls to my "case manager" the only point of contact I was given, I get my offer.

Are you ready for this? $32,381.

Yes, you read that right. For my car with 32,660 miles on it, 16,000 of which while I have lived with them trying to fix the problem with my car. They have offered me $10,000 below blue book value, $7,000 below what I could walk into any dealer and get on trade in for it.

I am not even kidding. After months of waiting for them to make a decision and a month more to get there offer and it is a complete joke that no one would ever take.

Lexus is forcing this to go to court. They have no customer service. I am done with Toyota Motors and their products.

Quick Reply: -->> my Lexus ISF has been in for 1 service appointment 74 days! <<---