Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

-->> my Lexus ISF has been in for 1 service appointment 74 days! <<---

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-11, 04:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
Maybe I wasn't clear, they have NOT provided a short block, they (district manager) has decided to rebuild the entire engine reusing questionable parts. The Service GM has been very supportive of me and does not understand their decision. His greatest fear is that it goes back together and still has the problem or other problems.

I have been logging calls to 800-25LEXUS for quite some time, I did not wait until now. It doesn't seem to get me very far, it's all one way communication. I have remained very polite, patient and stuck to the facts in all interactions.

spwolf: Do you work for Toyota Motor Company?
if they had to replace the short block, they would (if the walls were damaged)... I think GM would prefer to get complete engine so his guys cant screw it up, but in reality, it never happens.

I used to work, in Europe. We have been through this many times. I mean everyone would like to just change oil, but problems happen and the dealer needs to know how to handle them. they also need to train their people... it is really not that hard to consult with manual and call your district tech advisers to check if you are ordering something like that properly.
Old 12-20-11, 05:08 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Sorry to hear about your heartburn and I hope all is resolved to your satisfaction.

I have a contact I worked with in 06 when I had issues with my IS 350 and he made things right

Vaughn Wendelstadt
Fax 310 381 6634
Old 12-20-11, 06:36 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I could not find a phone number or email address for the gentleman

I did find something on Linked In

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/vaughn-w...tadt/6/b03/560

Please note his job description

Executive Coordinator
Toyota Motor Sales, USA
June 2005 – Present (6 years 7 months)

Represent Lexus Executives in responding to customer feedback and complaints. Provide summary reports of the voice of the customer to Lexus management.

I bet if you get to him, your smiley face will turn on.
Old 12-20-11, 08:34 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

ucrazykid - yikes, sorry to hear about this. one question - do they call you and give you pretty frequent updates? have they given you an estimated date you'll get it back? (ok 2 questions )
Old 12-20-11, 09:57 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
ucrazykid - yikes, sorry to hear about this. one question - do they call you and give you pretty frequent updates? have they given you an estimated date you'll get it back? (ok 2 questions )
No, nothing. I have had to literally google them and find phone numbers to call them. No estimated date of return for the car or decision on the buy back.
Old 12-21-11, 06:39 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Andy,

I'm sorry for your mishaps but be patient, polite but FIRM.
Do NOT take that car back but ask them to buy it back and give you a good deal on a new 2012 IS-F. Tell them that the ENTIRE world know about this issue and mentioned to them about this forum. There are many members here (high rank members) work for Toyota/Lexus and they do read these posts as well.

Good luck.
Old 12-21-11, 07:12 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoHuskers
Andy,

I'm sorry for your mishaps but be patient, polite but FIRM.
Do NOT take that car back but ask them to buy it back and give you a good deal on a new 2012 IS-F. Tell them that the ENTIRE world know about this issue and mentioned to them about this forum. There are many members here (high rank members) work for Toyota/Lexus and they do read these posts as well.

Good luck.
Maybe he doesnt want to upgrade to a 2012 but if fine with his 2008?
Old 12-21-11, 07:14 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
No, nothing. I have had to literally google them and find phone numbers to call them. No estimated date of return for the car or decision on the buy back.
why would you have to google the number of your own car dealer?
Old 12-21-11, 07:16 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Maybe he doesnt want to upgrade to a 2012 but if fine with his 2008?

I believe he said he doesn't have confidence with the repair now.
I wouldn't either.
I'd go for a deal on a '12 or even a leftover '11,
Better ride quality with updated suspension too.
Old 12-21-11, 11:21 AM
RaceSC300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, this dealer sounds like they opened yesterday. Not knowing how to order crank bearings? Not having the necessary tools or knowhow to spec out an engine? I work at a Toyota/Lexus/Scion dealership and this would never happen.

If I were you I would be requesting to see where my engine was being assembled or at least the name of the shop. I haven't been to many, if any, dealerships that doesn't have the resources necessary to rebuild an engine.

Also, have you had an in-person meeting with this Lexus regional representative? Maybe if he were to meet you face to face your plight might be better heard.
Old 12-21-11, 12:58 PM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
why would you have to google the number of your own car dealer?
No, I had to google the corporate customer satisfaction person since they only send you a letter with no contact information included. I had to look up the return address, check the local white pages to find the office main number and ask to be connected to the rep.

I would definitely take a 2012.

The other motors from Lexus do not have as tight tollerences as the ISF and they did not have the tools to measure the gap.
Old 12-22-11, 09:14 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Interesting email from the dealer yesterday. The new valve springs being put in are different than the ones taken out. Looks like the originals had the same issue as the 270,000 other Toyota's/Lexus that were recalled for spring problems.
Old 12-22-11, 09:30 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What have you heard from any of the numerous contacts posted in this thread about your situation? You haven't been able to reach anyone by phone?
Old 12-22-11, 10:56 AM
UCrazyKid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
What have you heard from any of the numerous contacts posted in this thread about your situation? You haven't been able to reach anyone by phone?
No one has responded from corporate. I was told Tues that I would get a call in Friday, we'll see.

My Son is in the hospital as of yesterday so Lexus has taken second seat.
Old 12-22-11, 11:01 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You might be able to get it replaced under state "lemon" laws. See what you can find through google. If they're not cooperative, I'd look into a lawyer.

Quick Reply: -->> my Lexus ISF has been in for 1 service appointment 74 days! <<---