Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes-Benz SL News

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 08:35 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
let's play which one is the SLK and which one is the SL
wow i would have gotten this test wrong if I hadn't seen pictures of the brown colored SL first.
Old 12-14-11, 09:08 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
let's play which one is the SLK and which one is the SL

Silver is slk
Old 12-14-11, 10:28 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Ooo! Those new pics are a big disappointment! The Dodge Charger headlights look like they are diseased or have down syndrome.
Old 12-15-11, 12:33 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Now that I keep looking at it more the lights are just hideous!!! Same lights from the CLS which iv'e seen in person and IMO makes the car look droopy and lazy from behind...the headlights are a mess being too big and oddly shaped and proportioned, in other words it's like a boob-job gone horribly wrong...the interior to me is magic although this interior has surfaced in almost all of the new MB models now which is like the cobalt steering wheel and radio in a zr-1 corvette... All around the car has been seriously modernized and toned down than the previous generation. I really want to like this car as I do with a lot of other new cars but I think I am still madly in love with the previous generation....but now on a positive note this car does have all the new gadgets and nannies and weighs reasonably less than the car it replaces which is always a good thing.
Old 12-15-11, 04:03 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adamls2
Now that I keep looking at it more the lights are just hideous!!! Same lights from the CLS which iv'e seen in person and IMO makes the car look droopy and lazy from behind...the headlights are a mess being too big and oddly shaped and proportioned, in other words it's like a boob-job gone horribly wrong...the interior to me is magic although this interior has surfaced in almost all of the new MB models now which is like the cobalt steering wheel and radio in a zr-1 corvette... All around the car has been seriously modernized and toned down than the previous generation. I really want to like this car as I do with a lot of other new cars but I think I am still madly in love with the previous generation....but now on a positive note this car does have all the new gadgets and nannies and weighs reasonably less than the car it replaces which is always a good thing.
Same here. I keep coming back to this thread and its not getting better.
Seems there is a trend with new cars getting less attractive than its predicessor.
5 series
6 series
GS350
Aventador
SL
CLS
Chrysler 300
Charger
Camry

Then there are the brands with every model sharing the same face
Audi
Benz

Car designing seems to be taking a dive.
Old 12-17-11, 12:53 AM
daelo74
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So this is a refresh and not a new design right? Cause this is the laziest redesign since the latest Porsche redesign, and its pretty ugly with the deformed looking headlights.
Old 12-18-11, 05:59 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SLK

Old 12-18-11, 07:39 PM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

looks good, but looks too much like the slk LOL
Old 12-18-11, 08:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Seems there is a trend with new cars getting less attractive than its predicessor.
5 series
6 series
Car designing seems to be taking a dive.
you think the current 5 series is worse than the previous one?!

every new 5 series (528, 535 or 550) i see i go 'wow'. the previous one looked more like a transformer.
Old 02-23-12, 04:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the new sl commercial is out. quite like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZPFc...layer_embedded
Old 02-23-12, 04:57 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Aw man sorry but i'll take any of the previous models over it....
Old 02-23-12, 05:29 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Since I live in Stuttgart, I've seen the new SL in person.

Wow. It actually looks amazing when you get to see the car in person and up close. I saw the car at a stoplight in mid-afternoon traffic. It was coming towards me on the opposite side of the road and man, it looked hot. Really beautiful.

That was the first one.

The second SL was spotted a few days later at a gas station refueling. I was creeping through traffic and the car was about twenty meters away. Sadly I didn't have a camera with me. But I can tell you this: it looked awesome, especially in that red color.

The funny thing is that I hated it when I saw the first press and brochure photos of it. It looked so - weird. It still does in the photos. But in person? Wow, it looks quite nice.
Old 02-23-12, 05:34 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Wow. It actually looks amazing when you get to see the car in person and up close. I saw the car at a stoplight in mid-afternoon traffic. It was coming towards me on the opposite side of the road and man, it looked hot. Really beautiful.

That was the first one.

The second SL was spotted a few days later at a gas station refueling. I was creeping through traffic and the car was about twenty meters away. Sadly I didn't have a camera with me. But I can tell you this: it looked awesome, especially in that red color.

The funny thing is that I hated it when I saw the first press and brochure photos of it. It looked so - weird. It still does in the photos. But in person? Wow, it looks quite nice.
Old 02-23-12, 05:36 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

That was the first one.

Old 02-23-12, 05:37 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

That was the first one.

Quick Reply: Mercedes-Benz SL News