Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-15, 03:56 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I too enjoy this render. Is that the latest F-Sport badge in silver. If so that'd be a render of the LC500 F-Sport. LC500h would have the extra hybrid badging and possibly no exhaust outlets. LC F would probably have the traditional vented fenders. Exciting to think of a a new Lexus GT.
Old 03-18-15, 07:23 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus LF-LC GT Vision Concept Now Available in Gran Turismo 6

The Lexus LF-LC GT Vision race car concept has just been added to the lastest Gran Turismo 6 update — here’s the introduction video:

In-game footage of the new car has already been posted to Youtube:

For anyone interested in loading the LF-LC GT Vision race car into Gran Turismo, here are the instructions:
After Update 1.17 has been installed, the car can be purchased from the [Vision GT] area within the [CARS] section in “My Home” (here, you can also find the car’s presentation movie). Alternatively, it is also possible to obtain the car by completing a lap (regardless of the lap time) in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/03/...ran-turismo-6/
Old 03-18-15, 07:26 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Planning “Big Engine” Turbocharger?

Car & Driver has an insightful interview with Lexus International executive vice-president Mark Templin — the focus is on performance and the F brand, with a standout answer regarding turbochargers:

Car & Driver: Why don’t you use turbochargers on the F cars?

Mark Templin: [F program chief engineer Yukihiko] Yaguchi is a big fan of naturally aspirated engines because of the visceral effect that you get, the sound of it, and the way that it feels. That being said, it doesn’t mean we’ll never have a turbocharged F product, but if we do, it will probably be a big engine that still gives you all of those attributes that he wants. He really feels that it’s important to have the sound quality that you get out of those big engines.

Not to read too much into this statement, but it doesn’t sound like a passing comment — my mind went directly to the rumored production LF-LC with a twin-turbo 600 horsepower V8, which would fit the “big engine” requirement to a tee.

Also, have to mention the final question in the interview:

C/D: You’ve announced your intention to launch a global racing effort with the RC F GT3 this year. Why is it important to go racing?

MT: Because it’s fun. It’s like the LFA. By building the GT3 car and going to race with that car, we’re going to learn things that will make all of our products better.

“Because it’s fun” is easily the best answer to any question, and it’s exactly what Lexus needs right now.
https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/03/...-turbocharger/
Old 03-18-15, 08:30 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
^^^^ yes same here
If it looks like this, where do I put down my deposit?
Old 03-18-15, 11:33 PM
Hoovey689

It's only a matter of time before we see turbo mills widespread in Lexus models. I'm most interested in V6 and V8 applications (and always dreaming V10 / V12) though I don't think NA will disappear completely, its possible they could retain base/option roles and/or continue being paired with hybrid systems. Personally no I3's please Lexus
Old 03-19-15, 08:10 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
It's only a matter of time before we see turbo mills widespread in Lexus models. I'm most interested in V6 and V8 applications (and always dreaming V10 / V12) though I don't think NA will disappear completely, its possible they could retain base/option roles and/or continue being paired with hybrid systems. Personally no I3's please Lexus
With the 1.0l and 1.2l I4 engines, Toyota will not need 3 cylinders. Other companies (Germans) use 3 cylinders for cost reasons, which is a 4 cylinder engine minus 1 cylinder, instead of build an all new small I4.
Old 04-13-15, 03:28 PM
zema
Driver

Next-Generation Lexus SC Flagship Coupe to Debut Next Year?

The latest issue of Car & Driver has some new information on the rumored next-generation Lexus SC based on the LF-LC concept:

Platform: The SC is the first offering on a new platform that will be shared with the next-generation LS and other models. At launch, this coupe will be rear-drive, but four-wheel drive might be added later.

POWERTRAIN: Initially, the SC will use a version of the 5.0-liter V-8 currently making 467 horsepower in the GS F and RC F. (A hybrid is also likely at launch).

But with a 640-hp Cadillac CTS-V available, to say nothing of AMGs and M cars, Lexus knows that its naturally aspirated 5.0 is a bit overmatched. So it will follow the lead of the Germans and produce a twin-turbo version of its V-8 to power an F edition of the car.

ESTIMATED ARRIVAL & PRICE: Expect the production SC to be unveiled at an early 2016 auto show with an on-sale date later that year. Price should be in the $80,000-to-$95,000 range.
For completion’s sake, here’s a full scan of the page:

Should this information prove to be true, there would be very little to complain about — a base model SC 500 with 467-hp is a great start, and SC F gets even better when you consider Toyota Motorsport pulled 641-hp from a twin-turbo 5.0-liter V8. Lexus is likely to be more conservative, but anything over 600-hp is magic.

Getting ahead of myself for sure, but can you imagine if Lexus releases a new SC and a new LS in the same year?
Source: https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/04/...but-next-year/
Old 04-13-15, 05:17 PM
Hoovey689

Why is Lexus enthusiast calling it SC??? LF-LC
Old 04-13-15, 05:37 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Oh c-mon, they going to stick that V8 in another model?
Old 04-13-15, 07:31 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I sure hope that is a guess because it looks like they just slapped an RC front end on it.
Old 04-13-15, 08:45 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Oh c-mon, they going to stick that V8 in another model?
i dont get it, why wouldnt they?

Its not going to have 467hp in base model either, more like 400-420hp.
Old 04-13-15, 10:59 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I sure hope that is a guess because it looks like they just slapped an RC front end on it.
We already saw that front end on the LC concept BEFORE we even know what the RC would look like
Old 06-09-15, 08:06 AM
zema
Driver

New Details on the Production Lexus LF-LC

The Chunichi Shimbun newspaper in Japan has some interesting insight into the production version of the Lexus LF-LC — here’s a Google translation of the original article:

Besides fuel consumption and driving performance is to introduce a new design approach significantly improved and weight reduction by employing aluminum or carbon fiber to 80 percent degree of the vehicle body.

Toyota is promoting a new development by the new design approach “TNGA” for sharing the basic skeleton across the car, [the production LF-LC] will be the first introduction in the Lexus brand. TNGA in addition to improve fuel efficiency is 15-25% more than the current car, the development period becomes two percent short, it is expected to be focused on the minute design and equipment development. Basic skeleton that has been developed in the new car is also applied to “LS” or luxury sedan “Crown”.

It’s always difficult to get accurate information from machine translation, but CFRP body panels and the next-generation platform will add up to some significant weight savings. Even better, both the production LF-LC and the next-generation LS will benefit from these advancements.
(If both models are set for a 2016 debut, it’s going to be a monumental year.)
Source: https://lexusenthusiast.com/2015/06/...n-lexus-lf-lc/
Old 06-09-15, 09:23 AM
Hoovey689

Aluminum and carbon fiber.. Do I hear six digits?
Old 06-10-15, 03:25 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is TNGA some sort of modular platform? If so why did it take them so long to do something that makes so much sense.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News