Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 03:03 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
I thought it was going to be called the A9
Yes, the production car will most likely wear the A9 nameplate, but concept wise its called the Audi Prologue concept.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...9-concept.html
Old 11-17-14, 04:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
The 991 Carrera S PDK drive absolutely wonderful

But don't you find the sounds of that flat 6 very blah and unattractive, especially for a $100k+ sports car? It is ok for a $50k car, not $110k. My SC430 sounds wayyyy better.
sc430 has sound?! (seriously, i had the sc430 and it's about the quietest car out there, even when i was flooring it)

no 6 cylinders can really sound good imho, but i think on the gt3 it sounds pretty nice
Old 11-17-14, 04:41 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
sc430 has sound?!
It does if the pipe is straight

Originally Posted by rominl
no 6 cylinders can really sound good imho, but i think on the gt3 it sounds pretty nice
Yes sir, cylinder count is mandatory to have a good sound. I agree no 6 cylinders sounds good, this is why I am driving a slow V8 SC430 instead of a V6 GTR.

The GT3 sounds more urgent then a Carrera S due to the more aggressive tune, but it still aren't great.......it is still a 6.

If I ever have a 6 cylinders again, it must be turbo to mask that crappy sound, I just want it to haul *** with a vacuum sounds.........but it is likely I will never own an engine with less then 8 cylinders again, but I do want a car with zero cylinder

The latest cylinder down sizing trend is really depressing to me, my neighbor got a brand new BMW 528i with the new 4 bangers, everytime I see this beautiful 5-series go by that sounds like an econobox, I don't know if I want to laugh or cry Then the other neighbor got brand new C250 and E250..........oh my god stop it people, you seriously don't notice the $50k car you are buying sounds like crap? But the 550 Maranello a few houses down make it all ok, that V12 balanced out all the crappy 4

Last edited by BNR34; 11-17-14 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-17-14, 05:40 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
The 991 Carrera S PDK drive absolutely wonderful

But don't you find the sounds of that flat 6 very blah and unattractive, especially for a $100k+ sports car? It is ok for a $50k car, not $110k. My SC430 sounds wayyyy better.
Yessir it does !

Not my first choice but they did a good job on it. Not so sure about the SC430 lol (much respect for it), but the 4.3 in general (especially GS) is a gem. Hardy, smooth, pulls hard
Old 11-17-14, 05:56 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Yessir it does !

Not my first choice but they did a good job on it. Not so sure about the SC430 lol (much respect for it), but the 4.3 in general (especially GS) is a gem. Hardy, smooth, pulls hard
When I drove that 991 C2S PDK, all I can think is a beautiful car having such a bad voice

The SC430 is a hidden gem, have such a lame image, but it is a great car under all that factory lame-ness
Old 11-18-14, 07:10 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.geeky-gadgets.com/awesom...ty-17-11-2014/

Lexus has confirmed that they will put the awesome Lexus LF-LC concept into production, the car was first shown off at the Detroit Motor Show back in 2012.
When the Lexus LF-LC was announced it was demoed as a high end car with carbon fibre which was expected to retail for around £350,000 if it had gone into production, the company did consider making just 500.

Lexus has said that they want to make the Lexus LF-LC much more accessible, so it wont come with the £350,000 price tag, although Lexus have not confirmed exactly how much it will cost.

Alain Uyettenhoven, who is the vice president for Lexus Europe, recently spoke to Auto Express, and confirmed the company’s plans for the Lexus LF-LC.

“It will not be a full carbon car costing £350,000. It will be – in terms of construction – a more normal car, a car than can be manufactured in larger quantities than just a batch of 500,” Uyttenhoven said. “This shows there will be more emotion from the brand.”

The original concept car came with 500HP and was a hybrid system, it is not clear whether this will be used in the production car, there are rumors that it may come with a V8 engine with twin turbos.
Old 11-18-14, 07:14 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/lex...ut-not-as.html

It’s not the first time we hear about Lexus’ plans to build the LF-LC concept, but now new details have been disclosed by a high-ranking company executive.

Lexus Europe vice-president, Alain Uyttenhoven, confirmed that the LF-LC study will make the transition to a production model, but not as a successor to the elitist LFA supercar. The LF-LC will be far more affordable than the limited edition LFA and will rival models like the Mercedes-Benz S-Class Coupe and Maserati GranTurismo.

“It will not be a full carbon car costing £350,000. It will be - in terms of construction - a more normal car, a car than can be manufactured in larger quantities than just a batch of 500. This shows there will be more emotion from the brand,” Uyttenhoven told Auto Express.

He didn’t provide any details about the powertrain, but it will most likely be a hybrid one, as 98 percent of Lexus cars sold in EU countries are hybrids. As a reminder, the LF-LC concept had a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain with a combined output of 499hp (506PS). Interestingly, Lexus is rumored to also consider a more conventional twin-turbo V8 version alongside the hybrid model.

According to Uyttenhoven, the design of the production Lexus LF-LC coupe will be “very close to the concept.” That’s obviously good news, as the study enjoyed an enthusiastic reception when it was unveiled at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show.
Old 11-21-14, 04:28 PM
zema
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus SC to take on Porsche 911 Turbo in 2016

Lexus is poised to join the growing ranks of car makers looking to challenge the £120,000 Porsche 911 Turbo when it launches a production version of the Lexus LF-LC Hybrid Sports Coupé concept before the end of 2016.

The 2+2 sports coupé is likely to revive the SC badge, although it is expected to be a far more focused sports car than the model that previously used the name until production ended in 2010.

The European boss of Lexus, Alain Uyttenhoven, said: “It is true that we are evaluating this car as a potential halo car, to take on the role of the Lexus LFA supercar in a more affordable way. The LFA was an incredible project; it showed what we could do and it brought all sorts of positives to Lexus.

“One of our key priorities is to make Lexus a more emotional brand, and the appeal of this kind of car in the range is clear to us.”

The V10-powered, carbonfibre-bodied LFA cost from just under £350,000. A total of 500 were made, including faster, more focused Nürburgring special editions.

The new Lexus SC would be front-engined and rear-wheel drive, powered by a V8 engine and an electric motor. The power target is reported to be at least 480bhp.

The LF-LC concept, first shown in 2012, featured several driver-orientated details that are expected to reach production, including lightweight, race-inspired front seats and a racing-style steering wheel containing integrated controls including a start button.

It also featured a remote touchscreen system that allowed the driver to operate controls without shifting their position or altering their line of sight. Twin 12.3-inch LCD screens provide information and navigation displays.

It is not clear whether the production car will use a shortened version of the next-generation LS or GS’s platform, or whether a new platform would be developed specifically for the car.

Separately, sister firm Toyota is reportedly developing a significantly cheaper hybrid sports car with BMW. It has already been previewed as the two-seat Toyota FT-1, which was designed by the same US-based CALTY design studio as the LF-LC concept.
Source: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...911-turbo-2016
Old 11-21-14, 04:49 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

AutoCar needs to make a correction. FT-1 is a 2+2, and not a 2 seater as stated.
Old 11-23-14, 03:49 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well then what is the RC-F even for then? a sports car? while the LF-LC will become a super car for lexus? Well i guess i just figured it out myself lol
Old 11-23-14, 07:30 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

RC is a luxury GT
Old 11-24-14, 12:16 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xbladex00
Well then what is the RC-F even for then? a sports car? while the LF-LC will become a super car for lexus? Well i guess i just figured it out myself lol
Well, why does bmw have an m4, an m6 and the i8? You get what Im saying?
Old 11-24-14, 12:48 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by xbladex00
RC F is direct competitor to BMW M4, Audi RS 5, etc...LF-LC will be the next generation SC which is a direct competitor to the BMW 6 Series, Mercedes SL..

The Lexus LFA is an exotic sports car which competes with the Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc...

Hope this helps...
Old 11-24-14, 01:37 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by gymratter
someone said the LF-LC was built using a modified LFA body/chassis? if true couldn't that mean a production version could be larger than the concept. because currently it is about the same size as the RC.
Originally Posted by Levi68
Yes, the LF-LC is built on the first LFA concept, which had an aluminium chassis, as opposed to the second one that had a CF chassis. Aluminium must be cheaper.
I am really not sure about this line of the discussion? I have never heard anyone within Lexus suggest that the LF-LC was based on the initial LFA or its chassis.

Remember that the original LF-LC concept was 100% show car with absolutely no meaningful innards (it even had a tiny electric motor just to make it easier to move), and was never intended by Lexus to be a production vehicle until reaction to the concept was so positive.

Also, I have not talked with anyone (important) within Lexus about the LF-LC since early this year, but based on those discussions, there is absolutely no chance the LF-LC will compare with the 911... nor was it ever supposed to. This is a GT, through and through. Don't expect it to be lightweight.
Old 11-24-14, 05:20 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
LF-LC will be the next generation SC which is a direct competitor to the BMW 6 Series, Mercedes SL..
article above though says it will directly compete with the porsche 911 turbo which seems unlikely to me.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 11-24-14 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News