Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-14, 02:20 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The face on their concept cars looks better than the faces on the production cars. I hope they don't change the LF-LC front end like they did with the LF-CC. I preferred the LF-CC spindle to the RC we got.
Old 07-21-14, 06:39 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comparison Time

Old 07-21-14, 07:57 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally think the RC came out better looking than the LF-CC.
Old 07-21-14, 08:29 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

^I do too. The headlights on the LF-CC and LF-LC look a little odd to me.
Old 07-21-14, 09:40 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

eh its the same car the LF-CC and RC. Folks can be nit picky but everything is in the same place just slightly massaged. The RC F has such an exotic profile, cannot wait to see them on the streets
Old 07-21-14, 11:15 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
eh its the same car the LF-CC and RC. Folks can be nit picky but everything is in the same place just slightly massaged.
Really? The LF-CC and the RC look very different in many areas IMHO, particularly in the shape of the headlights, where the LF-CC is like = = and the RC is like \=\ /=/. For the record I like the RC much better too.
Old 07-21-14, 12:26 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I believe the LF-CC previewed both the IS sedan as well as the RC coupe.
Old 07-21-14, 02:35 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by ydooby
Really? The LF-CC and the RC look very different in many areas IMHO, particularly in the shape of the headlights, where the LF-CC is like = = and the RC is like \=\ /=/. For the record I like the RC much better too.
I didn't say it was identical just that there is no mistaking the concept and production car for two different vehicles. The headlights for example still have three seperate LED housings, two air dams, spindle aligned with hood lines etc.. all of which is on the other just 'tweaked'.

Some bafoon of a trainer back when the '13 4.5LS came out, at the end of the lecture he said "and now as a bonus I'm going to show you a few pictures of the LF-CC. All we know is this will be the first coupe since the original SC." I proceeded to say it was the 'RC' loosely based on the IS/GS. He quickly snapped that I was wrong. Sure do wish I had his contact info to say "I told you so"
Old 07-21-14, 06:48 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

This render looks pretty close to the concept.

This one doesn't look that bad either.

Old 07-21-14, 08:24 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26

The grill on the RC is too sharp and pointy at the >< point of the spindle. Also the DRLs should have extended further to the wheelwells.
Old 07-22-14, 06:25 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I like it
Old 07-22-14, 07:09 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Would love to see that render. You're very knowledgeable and your replies informative

Rumor has it the SC will have a similar but updated fascia from the LF-LC which was not fully immersed with Spindle design language
Thank you, I try to my best be unbiased as possible and keep everyone aware of any missing links regarding automotive creation. Thanks for the information, as some of my ideas are a bit aggressive right now and have greater focus on a spindle that connects the contours of the front fascia. The lower grille being wider than the top one is one key focus I am working on.

I've been so busy with work, entertaining my older sister and her friends (B-day celebration), so now that they're gone I have more "me time". Lexus is very mysterious on the design end, especially for an LS that already fits in the with the current spindle language.

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
The face on their concept cars looks better than the faces on the production cars. I hope they don't change the LF-LC front end like they did with the LF-CC. I preferred the LF-CC spindle to the RC we got.
To be fair, LF-LC was designed well before the SC and Calty had room to make adjustments for the latter. From what I've studied and heard, the RC design was already approved at the basic concept (production proposal not advanced design/show concept) stage during the first half of 2012. The 2015 RC design was already production identical as the LF-CC made its debut in Paris in fall 2012.

The LF-CC was designed to both preview the XE30 IS in 2-door form and yet a to be frozen RC. The former, was already sketched by 2010 and finalised for 4/2013 production in 2011. Compare Sakae-san's 2010 XE30 sketch to the 2012 LF-CC sketch and you'll see the immense similarities.

Likely by early 2012, is when Lexus' advanced design department's LF-CC project got underway and completed circa early August of 2012. Basically, the LF-CC was developed parallel to the finalising of the RC coupe design, not before.

eh its the same car the LF-CC and RC. Folks can be nit picky but everything is in the same place just slightly massaged. The RC F has such an exotic profile, cannot wait to see them on the streets
Yes, somewhat. Both were almost in development parallel to each other, with the production version being finalised before Paris 2012. One already saw test mules exactly 2 years ago of the IS C with a fixed roof, which was the RC in disguise. The actual RC-body prototypes were caught in early 2013.

I believe the LF-CC previewed both the IS sedan as well as the RC coupe.
Yes, it certainly did preview both. Early sketches of XE30 IS resemble later sketches of the LF-CC. When they started LF-CC project, likely about 6 months before presentation, in another design department Lexus would've been going over 1:1 RC design proposals. By August of that year, the LF-CC was ready to be revealed and the RC was a finished car, entering series development for production in 2 years.

I didn't say it was identical just that there is no mistaking the concept and production car for two different vehicles. The headlights for example still have three seperate LED housings, two air dams, spindle aligned with hood lines etc.. all of which is on the other just 'tweaked'.

Some bafoon of a trainer back when the '13 4.5LS came out, at the end of the lecture he said "and now as a bonus I'm going to show you a few pictures of the LF-CC. All we know is this will be the first coupe since the original SC." I proceeded to say it was the 'RC' loosely based on the IS/GS. He quickly snapped that I was wrong. Sure do wish I had his contact info to say "I told you so"
What a fool. I've similarly dealt with such people, that do not respect me because I am young and that they must know everything because their "vast experience". I've delighted in throwing certain mishaps in the faces of those at work, who may have been responsible for potential cost overruns and dismissed cost and quality effective ideas of mine.
Old 07-22-14, 07:29 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

This render looks pretty close to the concept.

This one doesn't look that bad either.

I do hate double-posting, but I think the SC will not utilize conventional door handles. Think F-Type and Aston Martin in this regard, but maybe shapelier. I won't try render the SC, as everyone else has that covered.

Last edited by Carmaker1; 07-22-14 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-23-14, 12:00 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cmk1
I'm thinking of applying some of my design skills towards providing my own vision of a future LS. A vehicle that no one has rendered or speculated on visually. I've been hesitant though due to conflict of interest (employment-wise), and also that there's nothing to really go on, because the LS might indeed introduce a new stage of spindle. Who knows if the SC also has been evolved a bit to match it against the current design language and to appear much fresher than its 4-year old concept.

That will take me at least a month to complete via sketching and in AutoCAD without any errors.
When you do it make sure to add it to our LS5 thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ra-report.html
Old 07-23-14, 04:19 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by cmk1
Yes, somewhat. Both were almost in development parallel to each other, with the production version being finalised before Paris 2012. One already saw test mules exactly 2 years ago of the IS C with a fixed roof, which was the RC in disguise. The actual RC-body prototypes were caught in early 2013.
I believe you are referring to this one yes?

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News