Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-12, 02:51 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LF-LC is featured in this new Lexus commercial.

Old 07-23-12, 03:13 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

^ ^ ^ Love that commerical with all the Lexus hybrids minus the HS 250h...
Old 07-23-12, 03:22 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
ok that was a cool commercial with the hybrid dna...and the lflc making an appearance.
Old 07-23-12, 03:34 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pretty much 99% confirms production plans for the LF-LC, IMO. I don't think Lexus would feature the car if they didn't have a plan to produce it. Having spent time working in a Lexus dealership, I can tell you that they will now probably start getting calls about ,"That red sports car in the new TV commercial." Maybe this was Lexus' point - to remind dealers of their 27,500 GS sales goal!

Great commercial!
Old 07-23-12, 04:41 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the LF-LC will be a hybrid
Old 07-23-12, 09:47 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Trexus
It's a really cool ad and Lexus enthusiasts can appreciate it.

Old 08-18-12, 10:46 AM
altezzagta
Pole Position

near the Lexus vendor tent at Pebble Beach this weekend:

Old 08-19-12, 10:02 AM
Woodfield
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ed with Woodfield Lexus,
I was told by Lexus Reps if the dealers sold 30,000 2013 GS350's Lexus would build this concept car. Last I heard dealers were on pace to do so......So guess we'll see.

Ed
Old 08-19-12, 11:27 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Woodfield
Hey Ed with Woodfield Lexus,
I was told by Lexus Reps if the dealers sold 30,000 2013 GS350's Lexus would build this concept car. Last I heard dealers were on pace to do so......So guess we'll see.

Ed
That's a somewhat ambitious target I must say. With the GS monthly sales still averaging well below 2000 I guess they need to hold off selling the "2014" GS350 until 2014 in order to achieve that goal. Also that likely means that Lexus isn't putting any more resource into the LF-LC until 2014, by which time they'll need probably another 2 years to actually bring the car to full production.
Old 08-19-12, 12:00 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ydooby
That's a somewhat ambitious target I must say. With the GS monthly sales still averaging well below 2000 I guess they need to hold off selling the "2014" GS350 until 2014 in order to achieve that goal. Also that likely means that Lexus isn't putting any more resource into the LF-LC until 2014, by which time they'll need probably another 2 years to actually bring the car to full production.
Shall I post GS monthly results or are you actually going to check the data b4 saying a ridiculous comment like "the GS is far under 2000 a month"??

Look at the results, use some basic math and correct your statement.

Thanks

And the LF-LC is coming even if they sold 3 GS's . It is 3-4 years away, it's coming end of discussion.

Old 08-19-12, 01:58 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

Why is the number of GS sold relevant to whether the LF-LC makes it to production?

Unless the LF-LC is based on the 4GS platform???
Old 08-19-12, 01:59 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Shall I post GS monthly results or are you actually going to check the data b4 saying a ridiculous comment like "the GS is far under 2000 a month"??

Look at the results, use some basic math and correct your statement.

Thanks

And the LF-LC is coming even if they sold 3 GS's . It is 3-4 years away, it's coming end of discussion.
Ah sorry didn't check the actual data before posting, but somehow had the impression that GS had been selling below 2000/month probably only because the July result was fresh in my mind. So yeah at this pace selling 30,000 2013 GS350s is quite likely.

And good to know the LF-LC is coming regardless. I sure hope Lexus won't wait until the 30,000 2013 GS sales goal is reached before working on the production LF-LC.
Old 08-19-12, 02:05 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by natnut
Why is the number of GS sold relevant to whether the LF-LC makes it to production?

Unless the LF-LC is based on the 4GS platform???
I pondered about that too, seeing how Lexus said the LF-LC is based on the "next-generation LS" but then released only a MMC update to the LS. I do kind of wish it would be based on the GS, if that means a more attainable pricing and more agile driving dynamics.
Old 08-27-12, 07:26 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus To Debut 500-HP Hybrid Coupe Concept At 2012 Australian Motor Show

Lexus has confirmed it will unveil a new hybrid coupe concept at the 2012 Australian Motor Show taking place in Sydney this October. Few official details have been released, though Lexus has stated that the new concept is a further development of a concept shown at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show, namely, the LF-LC, which numerous sources have tipped for production.

Also worth mentioning is the new concept’s powertrain, which Lexus describes as a hybrid system rated at more than 500 horsepower and driving all four wheels. You may recall that the previous LF-LC concept was also powered by a hybrid system.

This single teaser image reveals what’s certain to be one of the concept’s tail lights, which features a similar design to the units on the LFA supercar as well as the LF-LC concept.

The concept is also described as being a preview of future supercar design at Lexus, with the focus being on advanced materials as well as high-performance hybrid technology.

“The Lexus concept is an absolutely stunning vehicle and is set to be one of the drawcards of the show,” Lexus Australia chief Tony Cramb said in a statement. “The concept will highlight Lexus' design and engineering expertise--marrying design with function to deliver a glimpse into the future of supercars.”

The comments of the Lexus exec suggest the automaker is serious about launching a successor to its LFA at some point. Could the mysterious LFA prototypes we saw at the Nürburgring earlier this year be testing some new technology destined for that future model? Only time will tell. The good news is that we don’t have long to wait until the reveal of the new concept, as the 2012 Australian Motor Show kicks off on October 19.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ian-motor-show
Old 08-27-12, 07:54 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus Teases New LF-LC II Concept with AWD and Around 500HP Ahead of Sydney Motor Show Debut

We knew that Lexus is seriously considering a production version of its well-received LF-LC concept, first displayed at the Detroit Auto Show in January, and it looks like the company is nearing a decision.

On Monday, Lexus announced that it will debut a further development of the hybrid sports coupe, this time complete with a powertrain, as a world premiere at the Australian International Motor Show that takes place in Sydney from October 19 to 28.

"The Lexus concept is an absolutely stunning vehicle and is set to be one of the drawcards of the show," commented Lexus Australia Chief Executive Tony Cramb. "The concept will highlight Lexus' design and engineering expertise - marrying design with function to deliver a glimpse into the future of supercars," he added.

Besides the cropped teaser image that shows a slightly different styling and colors for the taillight and the surrounding areas compared to the Detroit concept, Lexus has also released the first details about the car's powertrain.

The Japanese carmaker said that the study will be equipped with a hybrid powerplant capable of delivering "more than 370kW", equal to 496hp or 503PS, and that it will feature an all-wheel drive system.

Lexus noted that it will release further details on the hybrid study closer to the opening of the Australian motor show.
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/08...-with-awd.html

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News