Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-12, 03:00 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Yeah but the car was driven to the scene.. The only possible explanation, if there's no engine in the rear either, is that the car has a very small electric motor just to be driven over very short distances at low speeds. Surely people who were actually there could hear what engine/motor it was and where it was located. Wish one of them could share on CL what they heard.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 06-27-12, 03:09 PM
LexFather

Electric motors...remember the production car will be a hybrid.

It is a stunning piece...It took 18 months to build, far longer than most concepts.

Old 06-27-12, 03:12 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Electric motors...remember the production car will be a hybrid.
We don't know anything about the production car yet (we know you know more but that's beside the point ), but Lexus did say in the PR that the LF-LC concept is a hybrid. But now it looks like only the "concept" is a hybrid but the "concept car" itself is purely electric.
Old 06-27-12, 03:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Yeah but the car was driven to the scene.. The only possible explanation, if there's no engine in the rear either, is that the car has a very small electric motor just to be driven over very short distances at low speeds. Surely people who were actually there could hear what engine/motor it was and where it was located. Wish one of them could share on CL what they heard.
the car was driven within that show, yes. but that's about it. i highly doubt the car was driven TO the location. it's a concept car, i don't think it's approved to go on the street (let alone all the risk since it's the only one in the world).

more than likely it's just transported from locations to locations using trunk. then the unloading / rolling in are done by the car, which a simple electric is more than enough to achieve that
Old 06-27-12, 03:46 PM
LexFather

We don't know anything about the production car yet (we know you know more but that's beside the point ), but Lexus did say in the PR that the LF-LC concept is a hybrid. But now it looks like only the "concept" is a hybrid but the "concept car" itself is purely electric.

Yeah this concept at least was a running model. In comparison the NSX didn't have an interior and was a bodykit on the old NSX. The execution couldn't be any different.

Old 06-27-12, 04:03 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the car was driven within that show, yes. but that's about it. i highly doubt the car was driven TO the location. it's a concept car, i don't think it's approved to go on the street (let alone all the risk since it's the only one in the world).

more than likely it's just transported from locations to locations using trunk. then the unloading / rolling in are done by the car, which a simple electric is more than enough to achieve that
You misread what ydooby said, that's what he meant, the car was driven from the transporter to the scene of the show, about 1/8 of a mile.
Old 06-27-12, 04:07 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BNR34
You misread what ydooby said, that's what he meant, the car was driven from the transporter to the scene of the show, about 1/8 of a mile.
Yup that was what I meant when I said the car was meant to be driven over very short distances at low speeds.
Old 06-27-12, 04:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Yeah this concept at least was a running model. In comparison the NSX didn't have an interior and was a bodykit on the old NSX. The execution couldn't be any different.
for some reason i was wondering if someone would bring that up

Yup that was what I meant when I said the car was meant to be driven over very short distances at low speeds.
ah yes, sorry i misunderstood. i think that's very likely the case
Old 07-15-12, 08:07 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Report: Lexus LF-LC Concept Production-Bound
http://wot.motortrend.com/report-lex...nd-232809.html
According to a report from Automotive News, the rakish Lexus LF-LC concept shown at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show is headed for the showroom in the near future. Filling the hole of the dated and heavy SC 430, the LF-LC will join the IS hardtop convertible in Lexus’ coupe lineup. At first only fielded as a concept, the overwhelming response to the concept’s debut makes it a prime candidate for production. A production version is expected within three years.

The pressure is heating up for Lexus, which for many years was comfortably on top of luxury car sales, but has recently been eclipsed by its German arch-rivals Mercedes-Benz and BMW, as well as having to fend off a resurgent Audi. The 2013 Lexus GS, with its leaner lines and more aggressive styling, has signaled a change in direction for the brand, which gained a reputation for making refined, feature-packed, but somewhat bland, uninvolving models. Although the high-performance Lexus IS F has been out since the 2008 model year, and the ultra-exclusive LFA exotic debuted for 2011, the two models were notable exceptions to Lexus’ otherwise sedate lineup.
Old 07-16-12, 01:36 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Original source: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...-dash-of-flash

Which reveals more information regarding the LF-LC production and the 2012 GS challenge.

Hit the sales target for the mid-sized sedan and get the cool coupe.
Old 07-16-12, 08:03 AM
LexFather

^^^ Nice! But what has been stated tons of times is 24k is the sales goal......(scratches head)

Lexus will soon have 4 coupes! (including LFA)

Old 07-16-12, 10:04 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Very enthusiastic to see the "comeback" of Lexus. A new golden era of "sporty" cars and hopefully true sports cars.
Old 07-16-12, 01:51 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Can't wait to see the next generation production SC and SC hybrid...
Old 07-16-12, 01:55 PM
bagyo
Driver

Finally! I hope this next-gen SC has more sports car intentions than gran touring. Considering the fact that its suppose to compete withe the Porsche 911 Turbo and Aston Martin Vantage, it better back those good looks up with some horsepower! I know everyone in the industry is veering off to a double-clutch automatic manual on all their cars (including BMW), but will it kill them to offer a true manual transmission. Perhaps in limited numbers or by special order. A manual car just makes that much more of a difference as far as driving pleasure goes.
Old 07-17-12, 11:19 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Looking forward to seeing this car without the horrible predator looking front end. The rest of the car is absolutely stunning. If it were more like the LFA concept front end with those headlights we got a winner.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News