Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 06:52 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Haha good observation, although Autoblog did place the LF-LC on the very top of their Top 25 Wallpapers of the show.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/10/t...oit-auto-show/

It makes sense to me now I guess, since the LF-LC is a design concept and Lexus refuses to go into any technical details of the car other than saying it's an advanced hybrid, so the LF-LC can make for a good wallpaper but not much else for now.
And in todays podcast of Autoblog, the hosts talked about the LFLC near the end and believe that it will be the next SC. But yeah, you have award the American cars for the top 3.
Old 01-11-12, 08:11 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Gotta chime in here.... Yellow fog lights FTW!
Old 01-11-12, 08:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

it's a neat concept car but one thing i can't stop noticing is the strange curving 'partition' beween driver and passenger seats. what is that all about?
Old 01-11-12, 08:45 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Gotta chime in here.... Yellow fog lights FTW!

Old 01-11-12, 10:59 PM
TommyGS
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Job Lexus!!! Lexus is going in a good direction inside and out. I hope this next Lexus SC or what ever they wanna call it comes asap.

For the conservatives: Build a base model with less hp and less aggressive body work. What Lexus currently does so well.

For the customers that want a little more. Give it that high -end aggressive body work/kit.
450-500hp(hybrid? sure better mpg ) but let run with the BMW M6s and MB SL55s out there.
Then Lexus can change up its kinda bland lineup.

Build it!!!!
Old 01-12-12, 05:59 AM
ggravant
Driver

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
And in todays podcast of Autoblog, the hosts talked about the LFLC near the end and believe that it will be the next SC. But yeah, you have award the American cars for the top 3.
Well last year only a Chevy was on the list: and it was 5th:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/12/2...five-vehicles/
Old 01-12-12, 09:10 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
it's a neat concept car but one thing i can't stop noticing is the strange curving 'partition' beween driver and passenger seats. what is that all about?
Something new, different?

The Murcielago got a similar 'partition', although is small and is a grab handle.

Old 01-12-12, 09:12 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

that is about the only thing that I HOPE lexus will tone down
Old 01-12-12, 09:25 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
The Murcielago got a similar 'partition', although is small and is a grab handle.

well that's functional. the lexus one looks more like the driver has something to hide, more like a privacy panel maybe it's so wifey can't see hubby's texts
Old 01-12-12, 09:25 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Yeah as cool as it is, making the driver area look like a true cockpit, it just doesn't make any functional sense to me as that would completely prevent the passenger from operating the infotainment system. It will go away in production, leaving perhaps only a hint of it, IMHO.

Old 01-12-12, 10:36 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up AutoEvolution

With its flowing lines and fresh design language, there wasn’t really any competition, and so it comes as no surprise to us that the Lexus LF-Lc Concept was able to impress everybody at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show and win the annual EyesOn Design Award for best concept car.

“The LF-LC was a dream car to design and a true collaborative effort at Calty. It is an honour to have that work recognised by our peers and to receive the award,”
Kevin Hunter, President of the Calty design center where the car was created, said.

“The LF-LC is a striking design and breathtaking in its beauty. The team at Lexus quickly fell in love with this concept vehicle and it’s rewarding to see that the industry agreed. Receiving the EyesOn Design Award is a great start to what promises to be a fantastic year for Lexus,” added Mark Templin, Lexus US Group Vice President and General Manager.
Old 01-12-12, 11:22 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Link to the official website of the award.
http://www.brophy.com/NAIAS/

Pic of the award:
Old 01-12-12, 12:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GS69

With its flowing lines and fresh design language, there wasn’t really any competition, and so it comes as no surprise to us that the Lexus LF-Lc Concept was able to impress everybody at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show and win the annual EyesOn Design Award for best concept car.

“The LF-LC was a dream car to design and a true collaborative effort at Calty. It is an honour to have that work recognised by our peers and to receive the award,”
Kevin Hunter, President of the Calty design center where the car was created, said.

“The LF-LC is a striking design and breathtaking in its beauty. The team at Lexus quickly fell in love with this concept vehicle and it’s rewarding to see that the industry agreed. Receiving the EyesOn Design Award is a great start to what promises to be a fantastic year for Lexus,” added Mark Templin, Lexus US Group Vice President and General Manager.
Thanks!

Old 01-12-12, 05:36 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

goddamn...enough teasing! I want to buy it...NOW.
Old 01-12-12, 06:48 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

The last Supra interior had a similar type cockpit design where controls wrapped around to the driver, the passenger was not able to see or operate much without a lot of stretching. In these two pics I see a lot of Supra in this design inside and out with LFA and 4th GS bits thrown in. The rear end and rear light treatment has a some last gen Supra in it too. I would love if this was the base design for a new Supra even more then a SC coupe.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LC News-lexus-fl-cl-concept-03_large.jpg   Lexus LC News-lexus-fl-cl-concept-10_large.jpg   Lexus LC News-lexus-fl-cl-concept-02_large.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News