Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Retired navy guy spray painted a Evo

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-11, 07:34 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by greg0126
I read through some of the thread on the Evo forums and the guy apparently vandalized some 6 cars prior to getting caught with this guy's Evo. If he was charged with assault and battery I doubt it would hold up since he was defending his property and only beat up the guy enough so he couldn't escape.

Got what he deserved IMO.
I agree that the guy deserved the beating, and I feel that if it's illegal, it should be made legal. The guy who beat him could have sounded a little more mature and collected though, would help his case tremendously.

I do think there will be legal issues from this. I'm not stating what I want to happen, and don't take this as me saying that the owner of the EVO is in the wrong, but the state may hold him as such. The law seems to justify only such defense as is needed to defend you and your property from immediate danger, and not to prevent escape. They'll say that since he was trying to get away, you and your car were no longer in immediate danger. The same goes for intruders. Under most castle doctrine laws, you can shoot an intruder UNLESS he is trying to get away.
Old 12-11-11, 08:37 PM
timacks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

curious to see if any other charges are made with this.. that would be one hell of a day for both individuals