Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hard time deciding between new ISF or M3. In the end I selected...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-11, 06:32 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard time deciding between new ISF or M3. In the end I selected...

New M3 Sedan.

Let me start off saying that I have only owned Japanese vehicles my entire life. I used to have an 07 IS250 and sold it just after two years of ownership to get ready to purchase my first home. I really LOVE the ISF interior especially with the alcantara seats. When I was younger I always wanted an M3, I am a car enthusiast and I like all cars, not just a particular brand. The main reason I selected the M3 was that I can get it in a manual transmission and the heritage of the M3. I know autos shift faster then humans but I just like the rawness of a manual and the fun factor. If the ISF came in a manual It it would have been an extremely tough decision. My wife kept telling me to get the M3 since I owned an IS250 before and the interior is nearly identical. She was not helping.

Another bonus was I bought my M3 through the BMW European Delivery Program. I picked it up few weeks ago at the BMW headquarters in Munich Germany. I highly recommend people doing that if they ever want to buy a BMW in the future. Awesome experience. Unlimited free food, beer, snacks, drinks, etc. They give you a factory tour of the plant also. Beautiful place. Car has a cheaper price tag also then the us msrp.

The M3 drives amazing. Handles like a dream. Engine sound is intoxicating also. It just wants to rev. I have no regrets. I should receive my car from Germany on around Thanksgiving time. Cannot wait. Dropped it off on Oct 1st in Frankfurt.

I also lightly optioned out my M3 the way I wanted:
6 speed manual
Leather Seating with auto folding side mirrors. (neat feature)
Competition Package
Sirius Radio
Folding Rear Seats (wish the ISF had this)

That's it!

I took a visit to the Nurburgring also. That is where I saw my first ISF in Germany. The ring is like a mecca of sports cars and a rolling car show all day long. Amazing place. Everyone takes their car on the ring. The owners truly mean business there. Have not seen soo many Porsche GT3's at one time in my life. Absolutely no Lexus vehicles or even Japanese vehicles in Germany. I just saw one other Lexus 2GS there. The Germans like to keep it German there mainly just MB, Audi, and BMW's on the road.

Just wanted to share my experience with you guys. I still like the ISF Can't wait to see what Lexus has in store for the 2nd gen ISF.

Few people asked me for some more pics, here they are!

Dropping of my car to be shipped to California. Hugging her goodbye. :P

Last edited by gsrthomas; 10-16-11 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-14-11, 06:42 PM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok..........
Old 10-14-11, 06:49 PM
pc1990
Pole Position

Im like you, I like all cars and brands too. Im not a fan boy of one brand or the other so to speak. I'm looking through the pictures you posted and I'm like, "oh that m3 looks nice and clean." Then comes the IS-F pic, and that thing just looks mean! I think sedan vs sedan the IS-F looks better. The e92 m3 however, that thing looks beautiful.

Anyways enjoy the car and good luck.
Old 10-14-11, 06:52 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Congrats on the M3, it's a very nice ride!
Old 10-14-11, 06:53 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

your M3 looks nice... but y would you post that you bought an M3 on a lexus site?... shouldn't you be on a Beamer forum?.. anyway.. nice color.. always liked it in white...
Old 10-14-11, 06:57 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexuswtf
your M3 looks nice... but y would you post that you bought an M3 on a lexus site?... shouldn't you be on a Beamer forum?.. anyway.. nice color.. always liked it in white...
I am still an Lexus and an ISF fan.

Lots of M3 vs. ISF threads on here in the past. It was a tough decision for me between the vehicles. So why not?
Old 10-14-11, 07:02 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

all good.. just curious is all... it's a super clean car... i'll have to hit u up if i'm ever in the OC!! we'll have to meet up....
Old 10-14-11, 07:22 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Sweet car. While I'll probably never buy a brand new car(unless I become rich), if I did, I would want to pick it up at the factory. My uncle picked up his 1984 F250 diesel at the factory brand new. That seems to have given it a special place in his heart among all the many cars and trucks he has owned in his life.
Old 10-14-11, 07:28 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Congrats on your new M3 sedan, it is a truly beautiful car, especially in Alpine White.
Old 10-14-11, 08:27 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car. I agree that the ISF and M3 are both magnificent rides. Tough decision, one I hope to have to make one day. Best two colors are white and Black IMO.
Old 10-14-11, 08:42 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

damn those are some greats pics....congrats on a beautiful car and agreat experience.
Old 10-14-11, 08:49 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexuswtf
all good.. just curious is all... it's a super clean car... i'll have to hit u up if i'm ever in the OC!! we'll have to meet up....
For sure! Let me know when you're in the area and we can meet up.
Old 10-14-11, 08:53 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't go wrong with the M3, beautiful car and congrats on the purchase! But are you sure you didn't want to wait until the new M3 was launched before pulling the trigger?
Old 10-14-11, 09:02 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Can't go wrong with the M3, beautiful car and congrats on the purchase! But are you sure you didn't want to wait until the new M3 was launched before pulling the trigger?
Nope.

New M3 won't be out till the 2013. That is a long time to wait! Plus no way I would want to be the guinea pig of a brand new model with a brand new turbo engine. I have happy with a NA high revving V8.
Old 10-14-11, 09:05 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice M3... White looks great

Quick Reply: Hard time deciding between new ISF or M3. In the end I selected...