Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The worst-selling cars of 2011

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-11, 03:16 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha we all like to rip on Acura here but the results and public opinion do speak for itself
its quite sad to see Honda corporation's performance doing worse and worse everyday

since the land cruiser is doing unexpectedly poor, can people expect a good deal from toyota on that model?
Old 10-13-11, 05:27 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I've never really noticed it but it seems Honda US has taken a bit of a beating with an ugly stick (opinion only). Over in Australia the only strange looking current Honda (to me) is the Civic hatchback, the Accourd Euro looks actually quite nice and wouldn't mind having one as a daily driver. Like you guys said, reliability is a major factor but can only get you so far in a new car purchase.

Originally Posted by UberNoob
since the land cruiser is doing unexpectedly poor, can people expect a good deal from toyota on that model?
Not in a long shot. I agree that the newer the LC the less tough it looks. Saying that though, and the following that certain Toyota ranges over here have created, they seem to sell like no tomorrow even at insanely expensive prices (between $85k base model to $125k for a top-spec turbo diesel with all the fruit).
Old 10-13-11, 08:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Exactly. The Landcruiser is very well renowned throughout the world...Toyota's not worried...
Price is one of the main things keeping LC sales down....and the fact that the even more up-market Lexus LX570 doesn't run much more. But those who DO invest in either one will get a superbly-built vehicle....one that, IMO, did not suffer from the cheapening build-quality of a number of Toyota products during the 2000's. In fact, when I reviewed the LC a few years ago, I thought it was actually superior in build quality to the LX in a few areas (yeah, I know that sounds like heresy)....but, to me, it felt even more solidly-built.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-13-11 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-13-11, 06:28 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UberNoob
haha we all like to rip on Acura here but the results and public opinion do speak for itself
its quite sad to see Honda corporation's performance doing worse and worse everyday

I was looking at one of only a couple preowned Land Cruisers at Longo (one of the largest Toyota dealerships in SoCal), and the salesman told me that they are commonly shipped overseas where they fetch a premium over our prices here. He expected it to sell quickly. I believe it.
Old 10-14-11, 12:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
I was looking at one of only a couple preowned Land Cruisers at Longo (one of the largest Toyota dealerships in SoCal), and the salesman told me that they are commonly shipped overseas where they fetch a premium over our prices here. He expected it to sell quickly. I believe it.
yes that's correct. tons (most) LC and LX are all bought and then exported out of the country to other regions where they can be sold for even bigger margin. that's why their resale values are soooo incredibly high here in the US
Old 10-14-11, 09:34 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yes that's correct. tons (most) LC and LX are all bought and then exported out of the country to other regions where they can be sold for even bigger margin. that's why their resale values are soooo incredibly high here in the US
I'm guessing mostly in the Middle East ?

At least they're used to their capabilities as off roaders than here as mall crawlers
Old 10-14-11, 06:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I'm guessing mostly in the Middle East ?

At least they're used to their capabilities as off roaders than here as mall crawlers
middle east and some other places like russia
Old 10-15-11, 09:25 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

It's a shame to see Acura making these ugly cars. I saw the ZDX for the first time a few weeks ago and I have to say it's one of the weirdest looking cars I've seen in a long time.

I had no idea they made a TSX station wagon. I've never seen one in person.