Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-11, 01:07 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring

Old 09-18-11, 01:08 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 09-18-11, 06:00 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

looks like it is a track car........ fender flares are hideous lol. i doubt that is a spyshot of a potential ls-f...

Last edited by Lextrician; 09-18-11 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling punctuation
Old 09-18-11, 08:22 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ive been staring at these pics for the last half hour All I can say is Wow. I like it but its way too agressive nothing I would expect from Lexus. More than likely a LS for some sort of track race. Id love the car with open headers coming out under the fenders lol
Old 09-18-11, 09:03 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ive been looking at it for awhile, wondering what kind of engine is in it... as well as i like the front and back but those fender flares are terrible..
Old 09-18-11, 05:26 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Looked at it for a while as well and Im wonderin whats under the hood as well. Carbonfiber roof and front lip? Maybe its a private owners attempt at breaking a luxury car run at nurburgring?
Old 09-18-11, 05:26 PM
LexFather

Exclamation The 650hp Lexus LS spied at the Ring....oh snap...what is this?

For those that don't know there were pics of this car and a modded LFA taken at the old F1 facility that were posted here a few months ago and shortly after we were asked kindly to take them down which we agreed to. From what was shared, the LS had 650hp at 9000 RPM and had 20" wheels....Now I speculated with others this is very possible since it is the same engine Lotus said last Fall there were going to use in their new concept cars.

Well the LS has been spied at the Ring

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2011/09/1...#disqus_thread

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/09...ls-caught.html

TONS OF PICS THERE

Lexus may not be fully embroiled in the sports car segment as the only true performance models in its range are the IS-F and the limited run LFA special, but something tells us that the Japanese firm is not yet ready to throw the towel in and let its rivals take the win.
And this, despite the fact that over the years, we have heard many rumors about the possibility of Lexus expanding its range of high-performance F-badged lineup to include the GS and the LS models, and which never came into fruition.

This brings us to our mystery Lexus LS prototype that was snagged doing the rounds on the Nürburgring racetrack in Germany. Our scoop photographers tell us that the car featured the usual testing equipment seen on other prototypes on the 'Ring.

Aside from the blistered front and rear wheel arches, the LS test car also sported widened front and rear bumpers, a different front grille, plus a carbon fiber roof and boot incorporating a spoiler.

The car was also fitted with massive brake discs, while the hood air vents and the black alloy wheels with a silver rim are two elements we've seen of the LFA.

And now for the million dollar question: what is it? We'll, we don't know for sure. It could be anything from a limited production or conceptual LS-F sporting the LFA's V10 to a SEMA project car, or perhaps just a wild tuning job in the works.

Whatever the case, we'll keep our eyes open and ask around. If something pops up on our radars, we'll let you know.
Someone posted this on the Lexus Enthusiast

It is a project of Toyota Motorsport. The license plate is K-AM XXXX <- K stands for Cologne, AM is used for Andersson Motorsport, the original name of Toyota Motorsport.
The cars of Toyota Germany have their name scheme like this for an LS: K-LS XXXX.
But you should keep in mind, that they share the same parking space, as the old Toyota F1 Team is just on the other side of the road of Toyota Germany (http://maps.google.de/maps?q=t...

Cars under development by TMC caught on the ring got the red license plates with "DAU XXXX" (DAU is "Landkreis Vulkaneifel" a region near to the ring)

Old 09-18-11, 05:27 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Ok, heres what I found

http://www.speedlux.com/enigmatical-...-ls-spy-shots/
Old 09-18-11, 05:31 PM
ARISTOh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow... There IS hope for the Lexus brand
Old 09-18-11, 05:38 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Interesting indeed......
Old 09-18-11, 06:07 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow at first glimpse I thought it was a bmw in disguise but after going to the link it's a real lexus.
Old 09-18-11, 06:09 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

The engine is going into the upcoming GS-F Type Argh Nurburgring edition.
Old 09-18-11, 06:10 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Someone posted a complete spec sheet of this car and pictures a while ago in the LFA forum, and Lexus ask the moderator to delete the thread. The pictures were of this LS, a special looking LFA and another car inside the garage of the Lexus performance unit in Germany. If I remembered correctly, the engine displaced 5L and the power rating was 600 or more hp. I guess Lexus is testing the LS-F
There were wild speculations on how Lexus could extract that kind of power from a 5L V8...
Old 09-18-11, 06:17 PM
LexFather

Just noticed the roof, if that carbon fiber?

Old 09-18-11, 06:18 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

I'm elated!

Quick Reply: TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring