Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-13, 02:19 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

“For a car guy like me, the promise of Lexus is the fulfillment of every dream I ever had as a kid,” said Toyoda, known for personally test-driving new vehicles as well as competing on the racetrack. “If you’re addicted to the high of driving at 180 miles per hour, then you have some sense of why Lexus is so important to me. It’s why, in fact, I risk my life for Lexus!”

“It’s not just a single element like horsepower,” he said. “It is how all the parts work together, from the suspension, to the acceleration, to the sound of the engine, to the tuning. So we will have horsepower for sure. But we will also look at performance as a whole to deliver a truly superb driving experience for our customers.”
http://toyotadriverseat.com/products...er-meeting.htm

Via
http://lexusenthusiast.com/
Old 10-31-13, 03:11 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Implying that we will definitely have around 550 hp? That seems that everybody is bragging about the GS F engine.
Old 10-31-13, 06:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
are you saying that Akio Toyoda had zero involvement in the IS F?
nobody has said he had zero involvement. i believe the is-f was started from bottom up by engineers (guessing in their spare time) who then showed it to management to make it a 'real' corporate-backed project. nothing wrong with that. in fact it's awesome!

not all good ideas come from the top of corporations.
Old 10-31-13, 11:35 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not all good ideas come from the top of corporations.
for all the good ideas that have come from the top of corporations, there's also an equal number of bad ones. just saying.

getting back on topic, IMO a japanese super-saloon isn't a bad idea.
Old 10-31-13, 05:00 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get what you're saying now. You misunderstood my wording.

I was saying mostly what you're saying.

I had heard some info a long time ago that Toyoda was involved very early on with Yaguchi-san on the IS F, but I don't think I can "link" this info, as it was passed on to me from a private source. I can't verify 100% this info is true, but I believed it and still believe it just, simply because Toyoda was the man who started the F brand in the first place.
Old 10-31-13, 09:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

I get what you're saying now. You misunderstood my wording.

I was saying mostly what you're saying.

I had heard some info a long time ago that Toyoda was involved very early on with Yaguchi-san on the IS F, but I don't think I can "link" this info, as it was passed on to me from a private source. I can't verify 100% this info is true, but I believed it and still believe it just, simply because Toyoda was the man who started the F brand in the first place.

on that i think we are all on the very same page. it's no doubt that toyoda took part in a huge change of the direction of toyota/lexus. he wants sport, he wants fun to drive, and he pushes exactly that. or put it this way, i have a strong feeling that without toyoda, it would have been much tougher for yaguchi with his project and the isf going into production.

i am very much in love with what toyoda is doing, i can feel his passion. it's definitely exciting to see what's to come from toyota and lexus in the next 3-5 years.
Old 11-01-13, 12:29 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

on that i think we are all on the very same page. it's no doubt that toyoda took part in a huge change of the direction of toyota/lexus. he wants sport, he wants fun to drive, and he pushes exactly that. or put it this way, i have a strong feeling that without toyoda, it would have been much tougher for yaguchi with his project and the isf going into production.

i am very much in love with what toyoda is doing, i can feel his passion. it's definitely exciting to see what's to come from toyota and lexus in the next 3-5 years.
Yeah we're on the same page about that . Akio Toyoda (along with Shoichiro Toyoda) saved Toyota from very serious problems.
Old 11-01-13, 09:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yeah we're on the same page about that . Akio Toyoda (along with Shoichiro Toyoda) saved Toyota from very serious problems.
agreed, "saving" is the right word. toyota and lexus were not just heading in the wrong direction but big problems. i was actually pleasantly surprised at how well toyoda has reacted and executed in most cases over a tiny span of 2 years
Old 11-01-13, 10:15 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

^^ agreed you guys.

we can always quibble and debate, but toyota and lexus are very strong and getting a stronger line-up. the progress at lexus i think we can all agree though, is too slow (still only one F car, no coupes, new RX and GX needed now, etc.), and they will need be more flexible in options and customization because getting what you want is a big part of luxury.
Old 11-01-13, 10:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

^^ agreed you guys.

we can always quibble and debate, but toyota and lexus are very strong and getting a stronger line-up. the progress at lexus i think we can all agree though, is too slow (still only one F car, no coupes, new RX and GX needed now, etc.), and they will need be more flexible in options and customization because getting what you want is a big part of luxury.
in terms of speed, i am actually quite ok with their pace right now. i rather them do it once and do it right. maybe partially due to how "fast" they tried to do it back in mid 2000s and that scared me.

i do agree they should focus on coupes more and try to push those out asap.

and absolutely right on options and customizations, long story short i think this is going to be the most painful part and probably one that will take forever to change
Old 11-01-13, 11:01 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I would highly agree that these guys need coupes ASAP. The lineup is fresher but we need more excitement
Old 11-01-13, 12:01 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

^^ agreed you guys.

We already know that RC and NX are coming, including RC-F and GS-F as well as new 2.0t engines (also 300h engines for rest of the world)... RC and NX will probably be revealed in the next 3 months.

Lexus is doing great right now, i dont think they need to do it any faster than they are doing it now.
Old 11-01-13, 12:08 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

IMO the most dreadful aspect still on Lexus cars that seriously need to be fix is the stupid huge wheel gap and suck-in wheels factory stance

BMW is dead on with their sport models, even Hyundai got it, but Lexus continue with their bagging for lowering springs and wheel's spacer stance

I am guessing Lexus are still driven by very old folks who really do need the ground clearance.
Attached Thumbnails TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring-genesis-50-front-quarter.jpg   TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring-2013-lexus-gs350-f-sport-review.jpg  
Old 11-01-13, 05:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have to agree. There is no need for it . Not sure why they go that route.
Old 11-01-13, 06:23 PM
LexFather

You can easily go aftermarket and lower the car.

Quick Reply: TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring