Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-11, 01:43 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
ClubLexus know more about these issues than salesmen at dealerships.
LOL aint that the truth
Old 10-18-11, 01:54 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Very Impressive looking car! If only I won the lottery! LOL
Old 10-18-11, 02:17 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gdigio13
I just hung up with a Lexus salesman. Not sure if its true but he said its going to be rolled out in 2013 with the new body style and will sticker at $85k. That seems quite low compared to the S63. Its also less than the 600h isn't it? Not sure this guy has it right.
He's probably referring to the next gen LS, not the LS-F. 2013 is when the new LS is expected to launch, and while it's expected that it will move further up market, a starting price of $85k is probably too high. Interesting nonetheless.
Old 10-18-11, 02:49 PM
xioix
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
He's probably referring to the next gen LS, not the LS-F. 2013 is when the new LS is expected to launch, and while it's expected that it will move further up market, a starting price of $85k is probably too high. Interesting nonetheless.
It might be the new long wheelbase starting price
Old 10-18-11, 03:07 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

That would be nuts for Lexus to increase the entry price for the LS from 65 to 85k. I am also assuming that its 85k for the L
Old 10-18-11, 03:41 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
ClubLexus know more about these issues than salesmen at dealerships.
not to mention that there is no way in hell they will ever find out pricing on the car up to a month before it goes on sale or lexus pr.

even toyota usa does not know those numbers :-)
Old 10-18-11, 04:06 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a feeling that salesman might be talking about an official LS F-sport...not a LS F
Old 10-18-11, 04:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

lol, i don't believe it at all. surprise me
Old 10-18-11, 05:27 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gdigio13
I just hung up with a Lexus salesman. Not sure if its true but he said its going to be rolled out in 2013 with the new body style and will sticker at $85k. That seems quite low compared to the S63. Its also less than the 600h isn't it? Not sure this guy has it right.
I would bet money on that salesman don't even know what you are asking him

Next gen LS? LS F-Sport? LS Sport? LS-F? Most salesman don't even know the differences between those models.

From my observations, most car salesman at the Lexus dealer only know what color cars they have in stock and how much profit margin they have on them. They know nothing else. If they know the displacement of the engine or how many cylinders the engine have, that would be a very high level, very knowledgeable salesman.
Old 10-19-11, 01:11 AM
SCKmiecik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those flares are gross!
Old 10-20-11, 07:09 PM
ls4guy
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lexus LS TMG Edition Spotted at the 'Ring

i'm not sure who from manufacturing may read these posts. imho, 90% is bs with ppl who are not owners in need of attention and a virtual soapbox. out of the remaining 10%, 8% may enjoy the "view" but don't have great interest in a super ls. i'm a 1-percenter.

while i'm well over 50 and can afford the ride, i have to manage my good judgement with the great performance. mind u, i love performance but these days, it's difficult to enjoy that sort of thing in this post 9/11 error. i've done a few 4 wheel drifts back in the day but i rarely exceed 3 figure speeds with my 07' ls4 except for very short bursts.

don't get me wrong the ride suits me perfectly but that's the dichotomy. with the phenomenal hk sound (m levinson to most lay folks) and regrettably now only 28 mpg at 10 over hwy speeds (it used to be 30 - 31mpg), it's like i'm in my some cocoon. no xj-r, sts or conti that I’ve owned or driven can come close to the comfort, quiet and finesse with 14+ sec qtrs and outstanding mpg in 2 ton cruiser.

so why do i write? the tmg's 650hp does grab my attention and yes i could see myself in a steroidal ls but here's the rub - i'm still quite good with the current performance - i mean back in my day 14 sec qtrs were for the road runners and ss chevelles. granted these small blocks don't bring the torque of the good ole days but i'm getting more than double the mpg in town alone!! i'm not willing to pay too much of a premium for additional performance that's likely to cost me lots with "those blue ppl" not to mention court costs and insurance penalties. when one of maturity weighs all that, u have to seriously ponder the limited fun vs the pain. mind u, i've been very good at avoiding ticks and for those rare times i've been nabbed, it's just not that big of a deal but i'm not looking to push my luck either - i live in nc. In other words, we can go to the club and lust but few of us are bringing her home to meet mama or leave our main squeeze once the night’s done. so no, some of us may take a test drive but ultimately it's more likely to get left on the lot.

lastly, a few thoughts on cosmetics. granted, the vid showed a track car; i suspect the production version would lose those tacky hood vents and overdone rear spoiler. bmw does it quite well with their 750 il. subtlety goes a long way with a large 4dr luxe sedan. i wouldn't mind having an ls beast but i'm not sure i want everyone to know i'm coming. the is-f is a good example. great styling with robust performance and a subdued cosmetic hint of something special in keeping with the brand's perception.

i do hope an engineer gets to read this as it's not going to be to interesting to most forumers. i apologize for such a long post but they asked and this is my 4th lex since 2002 and 1st ls. don't know if i could ever go back to a gs now. what a ride!

ls4guy

2007 ls4 - 75k - hk / ml

Last edited by ls4guy; 10-20-11 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-20-11, 07:21 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So ? Translation, pls.

Old 10-20-11, 07:37 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

let him vent..... lol. too long for me to read but he was basically stating that he can afford if they actually go through with it.
Old 10-20-11, 10:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am lost -- completely.
Old 10-21-11, 01:16 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am lost -- completely.
i think he just called IS-F an sleeper.....

..... ban him!!!!

j/k

:-)))))

Quick Reply: TMG Lexus LS (650hp) spied at the Ring