Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Did you guys see the new Infiniti ads? disses Lexus.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-11, 04:12 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Did you guys see the new Infiniti ads? disses Lexus.....

Kinda funny and sad at the same time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00huRE1xOGw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3OonlQ3QjE
Old 09-03-11, 04:40 PM
LexFather

Awwww, they still are trying to get Lexus attention

Notice Infiniti constantly jabs Lexus and Lexus never answers back? Its b/c Lexus is waaaaaay past them and looking at the Germans and Ferrari, Lambo etc. Notice the ads jab a stock 7 year old GS and ES. How come they don't jab the GS F-sport, the IS F-sport? Where is the jab to the IS F or LFA? Why don't they concentrate on their strengths instead of reaching at others. Notice that BMW nor Lexus has answered back. They are not on the radar. The M37/56 has failed badly. The G37 is by far their best overall product and they need to just show the car and not have to insult others. Is a G37 coupe competition for the ES?

B/C when you get past the b.s they are presenting, Lexus has the IS F which no Infiniti can come close to performing to and Lexus has the LFA, the greatest road car out of Japan and just ran a 7:14 at the Ring, probably a full 2 minutes before any Infiniti

Do you know how easy it would be to make fun of them? If Lexus wanted to make a simple rebuttal they could show a LS hybrid or sport and then show an Infiniti competitor....oh wait.......There are so many holes its not even funny. Why even respond? Not worth it.

Ininiti, this is "Insprired Performance". Not Skyline and Fuga rebadges. If I were you, I would focus on selling car, not leasing them and worrying about how you are struggling worldwide again. I would explain how you make nice cars that are not as common as a BMW, Lexus, Benz..Insulting Lexus is really stupid since you don't outperform Lexus. Yes you have sportier SUVs, that is really cool (sarcasm).

Last edited by LexFather; 09-03-11 at 04:49 PM.

Old 09-03-11, 04:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

^^ excellent response Mike!!
Old 09-03-11, 05:15 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Awwww, they still are trying to get Lexus attention

Notice Infiniti constantly jabs Lexus and Lexus never answers back? Its b/c Lexus is waaaaaay past them and looking at the Germans and Ferrari, Lambo etc. Notice the ads jab a stock 7 year old GS and ES. How come they don't jab the GS F-sport, the IS F-sport? Where is the jab to the IS F or LFA? Why don't they concentrate on their strengths instead of reaching at others. Notice that BMW nor Lexus has answered back. They are not on the radar. The M37/56 has failed badly. The G37 is by far their best overall product and they need to just show the car and not have to insult others. Is a G37 coupe competition for the ES?

B/C when you get past the b.s they are presenting, Lexus has the IS F which no Infiniti can come close to performing to and Lexus has the LFA, the greatest road car out of Japan and just ran a 7:14 at the Ring, probably a full 2 minutes before any Infiniti

Do you know how easy it would be to make fun of them? If Lexus wanted to make a simple rebuttal they could show a LS hybrid or sport and then show an Infiniti competitor....oh wait.......There are so many holes its not even funny. Why even respond? Not worth it.

Ininiti, this is "Insprired Performance". Not Skyline and Fuga rebadges. If I were you, I would focus on selling car, not leasing them and worrying about how you are struggling worldwide again. I would explain how you make nice cars that are not as common as a BMW, Lexus, Benz..Insulting Lexus is really stupid since you don't outperform Lexus. Yes you have sportier SUVs, that is really cool (sarcasm).

You say all of this, yet the proof is in the numbers. In the past 5 years, The Infiniti M has consistently outsold the Lexus GS and Infiniti G has consistently outsold the Lexus IS. The public has spoken. Infiniti's performance sedans outsell Lexus' performance sedans and have done so for years now. You may not like that fact, but it's true.
Old 09-03-11, 06:33 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
You say all of this, yet the proof is in the numbers. In the past 5 years, The Infiniti M has consistently outsold the Lexus GS and Infiniti G has consistently outsold the Lexus IS. The public has spoken. Infiniti's performance sedans outsell Lexus' performance sedans and have done so for years now. You may not like that fact, but it's true.
The proof is also in the numbers that Lexus absolutely destroys Infiniti in sales by a huge margin and has since both brands' very existence. The ES outsells Infiniti's..wait, they don't have an ES competitor. The LS outsells the Q...err, wait that's dead. The RX outsells the FX, and the CT outsells the...wait they don't have a competitor for that, either.
Old 09-03-11, 06:43 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The GS outsold the M in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. In 2009 sales for both were very close, though the Infiniti edged out the GS by about 1000 units. 2010 was when the new M was launched so sales were naturally much higher, but at 14,618 they were still half of what the 3GS sold in its first year (33,457). It is expected the 4GS will sell in similar numbers as the 3GS initially did, which should be much more than the M.

The absolutely dismal numbers the GS has experienced lately are completely Lexus' fault, they've ignored the car and even considered to axe it

Idiocy at its finest.

As for the G, the G37 is priced just $1000 more than an IS250 and nearly $5000 less than an IS350. In other words for IS250 money you can drive an IS350 competitor, that probably explains the higher sales numbers, not to mention the high lease rates on these cars - among the highest in the segment.
Old 09-03-11, 06:56 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

In 2009, RX out sold the whole infiniti brand. what about them numbers?
Old 09-03-11, 07:26 PM
LexFather

Seriously you can't scream "Inspired Performance" when you don't outperform the competition and you have now 4 SUV lines and 2 Car lines. What is their marketing thinking?

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
^^ excellent response Mike!!
They should focus on themselves. Making fun of Lexus is really stupid. Lexus won't address it b/c its not even a race.

Like the ad, this should be ignored.

You are not even addresing the commercial, instead jabbing the GS yet again. So lets educate you again. Its sad to see people attack the GS when it is by far still the most successful Asian mid size luxury sedan in class. the GS has been battling Germans for 2 decades, not just last week. The GS paved the way so we get good competition like the M37/56. The GSh paved the way for the M35h. Show some respect. Its funny to see people want to insult an older GS an poke fun at it NOW. Where were you in 2000 when I was in a GS 400? I couldn't find an equivalent Infiniti, didn't exist.

The Infiniti "M" (not BMW M) was a coupe, M30 in the early 1990s. It failed, was discontinued.

The GS outsold then that Infiniti "M" in the years

In 2009 The car finally outsold the GS. Mind you the M35/45 could be bought for $399 a month or with 10 k off list etc etc. The GS never or rarely got those deals. But hey numbers are numbers, after nearly 20 years it won.

2010 comes, the Nissan Fuga, being a Nissan, is on an Altima like 5 year non luxurious cycle so the next M37/56 comes. And it sells poorly out the gate. I would hope an all new model outsells an old GS. However compared to the last model, sales are down over 50%. It is a complete dud, a disaster again with incentives out the door. (something I proved months ago in a sales thread)

2011 comes, the car is still a sales dud for the brand and outselling a very old GS in its last year. The people have spoken, they hate the new car. Not my fault, I didn't make it, I don't bash it, I drove it and I thought the price was way too high. Its nice, that is all.

So what does the ad do (you know this is about the ad) they make fun of the GS, a car that outsold it most years, a car around since 1993 when the M was discontinued and an old car. Why not tackle the segment leaders, the E class or 5 series? Why tackle a 7-8 year old GS?

Oh thats real manly.

Again the facts are Lexus performance cars>>>>>>>>anything they built. When they have something to compete with the IS F or LFA and future GS F (and not something with a renault or Mercedes engine) let me know.

You still fail to address the ad. The baby making fun of the ES then shows a G37 coupe? They don't even address the IS? Why not? Scared? Thats right b/c the IS F would run circles around the car.

The G37 coupe is a fine car. Sell the G37 coupe on its merits. Don't insult Lexus, who is head and shoulders above the brand. Make sure your house is clean b4 talking about others homes. Sell your product, don't insult BY FAR the most successful Asian luxury brand.

Its just stupid.

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
The proof is also in the numbers that Lexus absolutely destroys Infiniti in sales by a huge margin and has since both brands' very existence. The ES outsells Infiniti's..wait, they don't have an ES competitor. The LS outsells the Q...err, wait that's dead. The RX outsells the FX, and the CT outsells the...wait they don't have a competitor for that, either.

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
The GS outsold the M in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. In 2009 sales for both were very close, though the Infiniti edged out the GS by about 1000 units. 2010 was when the new M was launched so sales were naturally much higher, but at 14,618 they were still half of what the 3GS sold in its first year (33,457). It is expected the 4GS will sell in similar numbers as the 3GS initially did, which should be much more than the M.

The absolutely dismal numbers the GS has experienced lately are completely Lexus' fault, they've ignored the car and even considered to axe it

Idiocy at its finest.

As for the G, the G37 is priced just $1000 more than an IS250 and nearly $5000 less than an IS350. In other words for IS250 money you can drive an IS350 competitor, that probably explains the higher sales numbers, not to mention the high lease rates on these cars - among the highest in the segment.
Originally Posted by STIG
In 2009, RX out sold the whole infiniti brand. what about them numbers?
I mean exactly. Its a can of worms they should not even try to open. Then they have a FWD leaf based car coming, a FWD Renault based CT fighter and a FWD based, Tennesse made 7 seat SUV.

Old 09-03-11, 07:54 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

while i agree that Lexus is not the most exciting car out there, I never understood why companies would choose to insult another company to market their cars.

same goes for those Nissan ads that advertises how they have cars in stock compared to Honda. i mean come on...honda was affected by an earthquake!!

Nissan/Infinti really lost a lot of respect from me from those two marketing style lately.
Old 09-03-11, 09:17 PM
Sens4Miles
Lead Lap

Seriously you can't scream "Inspired Performance" when you don't outperform the competition and you have now 4 SUV lines and 2 Car lines. What is their marketing thinking?
Ok, but on the same token, Lexus only has 2 sedans that actually sell (the ES & IS - both entry level). Infiniti only has the G & M, but they do sell well at their price points. It looks as if they will most likely bring back the I sedan at some point, which assuming it's based off the Maxima, will probably be a good seller as well.

You are not even addresing the commercial, instead jabbing the GS yet again. So lets educate you again. Its sad to see people attack the GS when it is by far still the most successful Asian mid size luxury sedan in class. the GS has been battling Germans for 2 decades, not just last week. The GS paved the way so we get good competition like the M37/56. The GSh paved the way for the M35h. Show some respect. Its funny to see people want to insult an older GS an poke fun at it NOW. Where were you in 2000 when I was in a GS 400? I couldn't find an equivalent Infiniti, didn't exist.
Ok, but that was then, this is now. The 2GS was an amazing vehicle of its time, but competition has caught up and surpassed it many ways, thus its current dismal sales.

The GS outsold then that Infiniti "M" in the years
It had a good run. No one is disputing that. But times have changed. We'll see what the 4GS brings to the table when it's released. But honestly, the outlook isn't so bright. No V8? On a performance luxury sedan? That's almost ludicrous. The M not only offers a standard V6, a hybrid V6, and powerful V8, but it also offers AWD on the V6 and V8 model as well. How is the 4GS going to compete with that and against the Germans? It won't. Unless there's a GS-F. But by the time there's a GS-F, there could be an IPL Infiniti M. Who knows, but one thing is for sure. Lexus will not have an answer for the Infiniti M56 when the 4GS rolls out.

2010 comes, the Nissan Fuga, being a Nissan, is on an Altima like 5 year non luxurious cycle so the next M37/56 comes. And it sells poorly out the gate. I would hope an all new model outsells an old GS. However compared to the last model, sales are down over 50%. It is a complete dud, a disaster again with incentives out the door. (something I proved months ago in a sales thread)
Price went up with the new M, thus lower sales. They still sell a good number of them though (over 1000 units/month). The GS is selling in RL-like numbers and has for some time now. Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with updating a model every 5 years, instead of an exhausting 7-8 year cycle as the GS is on. It's good to keep things fresh. Technology is constantly changing and luxury buyers in this segment do want the latest and the greatest. I would agree that flagship luxury should have a longer generation cycle (7-8 years), but not in the performance sedan segment.

Again the facts are Lexus performance cars>>>>>>>>anything they built. When they have something to compete with the IS F or LFA and future GS F (and not something with a renault or Mercedes engine) let me know.
Ok, but nobody cares.. yet. That could change though. But as of now, Lexus is really only two cars in the minds of most luxury buyers - the ES & the RX. Not exactly two performance oriented vehicles. And let's be honest - the sales of those two models make up the majority of all Lexus' sold. So when you have these two vehicles everywhere and really very few to none performance oriented vehicles on the streets, what can you expect the stigma of Lexus to be? a luxury performance brand or a soft, comfy, relaxed, family car?

You still fail to address the ad. The baby making fun of the ES then shows a G37 coupe? They don't even address the IS? Why not? Scared? Thats right b/c the IS F would run circles around the car.
Because the ES is the bread and butter entry level luxury sedan by Lexus, as the G is the bread and butter entry level luxury sedan by Infiniti. The IS is smaller than the G and doesn't really sell as well as the G does. It makes sense that Infiniti would target the ES over the IS.
Old 09-03-11, 09:30 PM
LexFather

Stop twisting facts and trying to crap on Lexus. You are not talking about the ads, you are once again talking about how sorry Lexus is when Infiniti is the brand struggling even more. In their desperation, they attack Lexus again.

The REALITY is Lexus has
CT
IS
ES
HS
GS
LS
LFA

as cars. Infiniti has

G
M

The reality is

Lexus has 3 SUVS
RX
GX
LX

Infiniti has 4
EX
FX
JX
QX

End of discussion, period. When the LS sold 30,000 units in 2007 where was your bravado? Lexus again, in a bad year nearly ousold INfiniti 2 to 1 last month. What on earth are you talking about?

You clearly omit answering everyone else who also proved you wrong again to bicker with me.

I'm on the winning team. You should switch sides.

I have no quarrels with Infiniti. They do what they do, they have their niche of buyers and thats fine. The ads were not well thought out and in poor taste b/c Lexus OUTPERFORMS Infiniti.

PERIOD.

Last edited by LexFather; 09-03-11 at 09:38 PM.

Old 09-03-11, 10:07 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

So how does Infiniti get away with actually showing the GS in their ad? Does Lexus let them via buying rights? I would have thought it was all copywrited and/or Lexus wouldn't want to sell their car to another brand in the name of having them look bad.
Old 09-03-11, 11:18 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

in a bad year nearly ousold INfiniti 2 to 1 last month.
Not getting involved in this never ending car vs. car battle but Toyota/Lexus has over twice as many dealers then Nissan/Infiniti, and Lexus has way better coverage then Infiniti, its way easier to drive 10 minutes to Lexus then 50+ miles to Infiniti, and Toyota plants on a normal day can probably produce 2 to 3 times the cars Nissan builds, hence the sales
Old 09-04-11, 01:07 AM
MikeSC4
Driver

lol hilarious commercials. this seems to be a touchy topic here... i guess only because there is some truth to it
Old 09-04-11, 01:10 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
Not getting involved in this never ending car vs. car battle but Toyota/Lexus has over twice as many dealers then Nissan/Infiniti, and Lexus has way better coverage then Infiniti, its way easier to drive 10 minutes to Lexus then 50+ miles to Infiniti, and Toyota plants on a normal day can probably produce 2 to 3 times the cars Nissan builds, hence the sales
Isn't what you say telling me that Lexus is a successful brand?

Quick Reply: Did you guys see the new Infiniti ads? disses Lexus.....