Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus CT Sales Besting Rivals Despite Supply Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-12, 11:51 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I love everything about the CT except the power output... but I guess you can't have your cake and eat it, too. If I were in the market for a daily driver and didn't care about performance for whatever reason, I think that would be very high on my list.
I drove one recently and initially if felt quick zipping around town but it didn't take too long for that to pass.Especially merging on to a highway and trying to pass.
Comfortable seating,nice interior and dash in Sport mode.
Old 01-13-12, 12:50 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I agree, this model has a lot going for it. Styling first, then the good mpg's. But I wouldn't be so quick to bake a cake yet. Specialized cars like these often sell very well the first year or two, then have a habit of lingering on dealer's lots later on. I have no idea if the CT will go down that road or not, but I'd give it some more time before heralding it.
Old 01-13-12, 01:00 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I think the CT success just goes to show the power of a solid product backed by very good marketing. The commercials were top-notch and frequently shown at release, and it got people thinking about the car. There were so many friends/associates who I never thought would consider either a hybrid or a hatchback who gave positive feedback.
Old 01-13-12, 01:19 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
I think the CT success just goes to show the power of a solid product backed by very good marketing. The commercials were top-notch and frequently shown at release, and it got people thinking about the car. There were so many friends/associates who I never thought would consider either a hybrid or a hatchback who gave positive feedback.
this. marketing worked magic in this i think. i see quite a lot of ct on the road and most of them are young people, i think that's a job well done.

and i am glad that the ct is doing so well. i had high hope on the car and it's showing
Old 01-13-12, 01:33 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
funny thing is that the CT only gets 5 more mpg than the HS but with 50 less hp. I guess crucially the CT breaks the 40mpg mark.

However, it is clear to me that consumers still buy vehicles based on looks more than anything in the luxury segment. If the CT had the HS powertrain and was priced at 35K, I think it would still sell more than an HS with the prius powertrain.
The CT also handles and drives better than the HS. So it has a "sporting" demeanor that I think speaks to more younger drivers than the HS does.
Old 01-13-12, 02:00 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Good job! I'm starting to see more and more of them here in NYC.
Old 01-13-12, 02:33 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The CT is IMO the first of the "new" Lexus models, with a renewed focus on quality that's evident even in the paint and the design of the car:

Lexus CT Sales Besting Rivals Despite Supply Issues-konls.jpg

Look at where the headlight meets the bend in the grill, just beautiful and not something you'd find on any Audi or Mercedes. The shape of the headlight itself is beautiful too.

I'm dissapointed that the 4GS loses some of that, but I still see trickles of it here and there in the 4GS too, hopefully there will be more of it in the other new Lexuses coming out.

Lexus CT Sales Besting Rivals Despite Supply Issues-tgfkh.jpg

Either way the CT exceeding sales projections may be a sign of things to come for other "new" Lexus models including the 4GS ("new" as in next gen renewed focus not "new" as in not actually new).
Old 01-13-12, 02:56 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

CT200 inventory seems to be pretty good in my area.
I have 98 available in a 25 mile radius.
Old 01-13-12, 06:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Joeb427
CT200 inventory seems to be pretty good in my area.
I have 98 available in a 25 mile radius.
I was told recently inventory is still an issue and there is a 9 day supply for all vehicles. I can believe this b/c my dealership usually is loaded with cars in the rear and there was like 5 there, they are all parked out front.

Old 01-14-12, 10:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
The CT is IMO the first of the "new" Lexus models, with a renewed focus on quality that's evident even in the paint and the design of the car:
Lexus CT Sales Besting Rivals Despite Supply Issues-konls.jpg

That, BTW, is, IMO, the CT's nicest color....the mustard-yellow. The metallic brown pearl, though somewhat more dull, is also attractive.