Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

11 exotic sports cars impounded following suspected street-racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 09:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

is that a "normal" 599?
Old 01-11-12, 10:00 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by BNR34
I learned recently an extremely spoiled kid like this in Hong Kong got a Lambo Reventon as a gift for finishing up college one semester early on his 23 rd birthday. Must be nice

I actually found a pictures of him:
23? what degree? masters?
Old 01-11-12, 10:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Let us know your opinion. Were the Canadian authorities right to seize and sell the supercars?
Do the crime......do the time.

the Royal Canadian Mounted Police revealed that they had not prosecuted a single driver as the only evidence available was witness testimony.
And these witnesses are stupid? Come on. I sure as hell know street-racing when I see it. I knew it as far back as the second-grade.
Old 01-11-12, 10:38 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
is that a "normal" 599?
Yes is an early model normal GTB, that was driven by that teenage girl that got the most traffic violations.

She is probably driving a GTO now Or a SA Aparta.............my favorite barchetta today.

Last edited by BNR34; 01-11-12 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-11-12, 10:44 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

23? what degree? masters?
Yes 23. The article didn't go into that kind of details, but I am sure is just a bachelor degree. I am sure his dad is just happy that he finished college. I don't think he is a genius hard working kid. He is just not rotten like most billionaire's kids.

I am guessing he got a business degree. As his dad is a business man and now this kid runs a huge used car store like carmax in Hong Kong. His dad funded it of course. I forgot the name of the store.

Sounds like the kid is a good guy though, he is not obnoxious. He just love cars and his dad is a billionaire.
Old 01-11-12, 10:49 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Do the crime......do the time.
Yes punishment is correct.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
And these witnesses are stupid? Come on. I sure as hell know street-racing when I see it. I knew it as far back as the second-grade.
Yes street racing is pretty obvious if there are 13 500~600 hp cars at WOT.
Old 01-11-12, 11:10 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I learned recently an extremely spoiled kid in Hong Kong got a Lambo Reventon as a gift for finishing up college one semester early on his 23 rd birthday. Must be nice
Now that probably half of China has seen his face, I give him 1 hour before being kidnapped if he ever crosses over the HK border without armed guards lol
Old 01-11-12, 11:24 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikez
Now that probably half of China has seen his face, I give him 1 hour before being kidnapped if he ever crosses over the HK border without armed guards lol
I am sure his well being is highly secured, you don't have to worry about him
Old 01-11-12, 11:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yes just a normal GTB, that was driven by that teenage girl that got the most traffic violations.

She is probably driving a GTO now Or a SA Aparta.............my favorite barchetta today.
hahaha and a girl too. very nie

Yes 23. The article didn't go into that kind of details, but I am sure is just a bachelor degree. I am sure his dad is just happy that he finished college. I don't think he is a genius hard working kid. He is just not rotten like most billionaire's kids.

I am guessing he got a business degree. As his dad is a business man and now this kid runs a huge used car store like carmax in Hong Kong. His dad funded it of course. I forgot the name of the store.

Sounds like the kid is a good guy though, he is not obnoxious. He just love cars and his dad is a billionaire.
i guess so, except me honestly can't see what's the big deal on that. getting a bachelor degree is no rocket science these days anymore with the flux of college. but of course, not taking credit away from him, like you said a lot of kids with rich parents they don't know what school is

Yes punishment is correct.

Yes street racing is pretty obvious if there are 13 500~600 hp cars at WOT.
hahaa but you gotta love laws. i don't think any of us are "trained" or "certified" to decide what street racing is. it's just our "perceptions"
Old 01-11-12, 11:33 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned recently an extremely spoiled kid in Hong Kong got a Lambo Reventon as a gift for finishing up college one semester early on his 23 rd birthday. Must be nice

I actually found some picture of him:

sucks to be him. I got an island, and a G550 (the one that flies, not the mercedes) for my AA degree from a community college.
Old 01-11-12, 11:45 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

i guess so, except me honestly can't see what's the big deal on that. getting a bachelor degree is no rocket science these days anymore with the flux of college. but of course, not taking credit away from him, like you said a lot of kids with rich parents they don't know what school is
For a billionaire's kid that absolutely don't have to do a single thing in life, any kind of obligations that is not fun is lame, getting a bachelor degree is a huge deal

hahaa but you gotta love laws. i don't think any of us are "trained" or "certified" to decide what street racing is. it's just our "perceptions"
Like mmarshall said, sometimes it is pretty obvious, when 2+ cars going down the street WOT at 2x, 3x or 4x the speed limit using all available lanes................
Old 01-11-12, 11:49 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by STIG
sucks to be him. I got an island, and a G550 (the one that flies, not the mercedes) for my AA degree from a community college.
haha...........there are always someone that got more money, I am sure there are tons of folks in this world can make this kid look poor.

Last edited by BNR34; 01-11-12 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-11-12, 12:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

For a billionaire's kid that absolutely don't have to do a single thing in life, any kind of obligations that is not fun is lame, getting a bachelor degree is a huge deal

Like mmarshall said, sometimes it is pretty obvious, when 2+ cars going down the street WOT at 2x, 3x or 4x the speed limit using all available lanes................
haha i didn't say they weren't and the witnesses were wrong. but keep in mind that even for chp, on paper they are trained and certified so they can "pace" someone and issue tickets. love laws
Old 01-11-12, 12:28 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

haha i didn't say they weren't and the witnesses were wrong. but keep in mind that even for chp, on paper they are trained and certified so they can "pace" someone and issue tickets. love laws
I know what you mean
Old 01-11-12, 01:06 PM
KC83
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he graduated from USC

flooring at stop lights helps that too.....happens every weekend at beverly hills

Last edited by KC83; 01-11-12 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Moving comments below the quote

Quick Reply: 11 exotic sports cars impounded following suspected street-racing