Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Caption this (Qatar + Landcruisers)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-11, 03:24 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Caption this (Qatar + Landcruisers)

Some recent picture I found. :P
Old 08-21-11, 03:25 PM
ninous26
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

72 virgins here i come!!
Old 08-21-11, 03:34 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

A creative photoshop.
Old 08-21-11, 04:09 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Michael J Fox in Teen Wolf....when he surfed on top of his buddies car?
Old 08-21-11, 04:09 PM
Rash
hmm

Originally Posted by DustinV
A creative photoshop.
Damn it, that's the second time I failed in creating a "caption this" thread. :P

I do believe because it's possible. Where is the part did you notice that it's photoshopped? The rear tire (driver's side)? can't seem to understand that black piece.
Old 08-21-11, 04:13 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Wow, this actually looks pretty real, except the guy on top looks kind of photoshopped on.
Old 08-21-11, 05:41 PM
JessePS

I hope my insurance covers this!?
Old 08-21-11, 07:35 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Damn it, that's the second time I failed in creating a "caption this" thread. :P

I do believe because it's possible. Where is the part did you notice that it's photoshopped? The rear tire (driver's side)? can't seem to understand that black piece.
There are a number of clues that gave it away as a digitally altered image.

First, the Land Cruiser doing the stunt is way to sharp. Way to sharp. In a realistic photograph of such nature, the rear section of the Land Cruiser would be slightly blurred (out of focus) in comparison to the rest of the car. The tires also appear to have been "cut out" from the original image (and again, their sharpness is to unreal). There is no sense of motion in the photo.

Second, the man standing on the Land Cruiser appears to be superimposed in the photo. There are pixel abrasions around his body, particular near his arms which clearly hint at some form of digital pixel manipulation. These can also be seen around the Land Cruiser, the antennas etc. If he were in motion the wind would also cause certain regions of his attire to flutter rearward. It looks like in the original photo, he was standing in a windless area.

Third, the light on the person on the roof doesn't match the light shining unto the stunt Land Cruiser. It appears as if the person was photographed somewhere where it was quite shady. The light source in the photo of the two Land Cruisers seems to come from their right (our left) due to the shadows they cast. The original photo of superimposed stunt Land Cruiser has the light coming in from its left side (our right) as can be seen by the softly illuminated left mirror (our right) - whereas the mirror on its right side (our left) is darker. The right side of the SUV (our left) is also darker. If it were a real photo, the light coming in from their right side (our left) would also bounce off the road and illuminate the Land Cruisers right side (our left). The shadow the stunt Land Cruiser casts is also unrealistically small.

Fourth, there is no reflection of the person on the roof anywhere on the SUV.

Nice job, though. I don't mean to criticize your work.
Old 08-21-11, 08:15 PM
jadecraft
Driver School Candidate

I don't have a caption but I have a fun fact: apparently water's cheaper than gas there. I'm actually tempted to move there. Judging by this picture, it should be fun.
Old 08-22-11, 12:10 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DustinV
There are a number of clues that gave it away as a digitally altered image.

First, the Land Cruiser doing the stunt is way to sharp. Way to sharp. In a realistic photograph of such nature, the rear section of the Land Cruiser would be slightly blurred (out of focus) in comparison to the rest of the car. The tires also appear to have been "cut out" from the original image (and again, their sharpness is to unreal). There is no sense of motion in the photo.

Second, the man standing on the Land Cruiser appears to be superimposed in the photo. There are pixel abrasions around his body, particular near his arms which clearly hint at some form of digital pixel manipulation. These can also be seen around the Land Cruiser, the antennas etc. If he were in motion the wind would also cause certain regions of his attire to flutter rearward. It looks like in the original photo, he was standing in a windless area.

Third, the light on the person on the roof doesn't match the light shining unto the stunt Land Cruiser. It appears as if the person was photographed somewhere where it was quite shady. The light source in the photo of the two Land Cruisers seems to come from their right (our left) due to the shadows they cast. The original photo of superimposed stunt Land Cruiser has the light coming in from its left side (our right) as can be seen by the softly illuminated left mirror (our right) - whereas the mirror on its right side (our left) is darker. The right side of the SUV (our left) is also darker. If it were a real photo, the light coming in from their right side (our left) would also bounce off the road and illuminate the Land Cruisers right side (our left). The shadow the stunt Land Cruiser casts is also unrealistically small.

Fourth, there is no reflection of the person on the roof anywhere on the SUV.

Nice job, though. I don't mean to criticize your work.
I think it is real. If you use a slightly smaller F-stop, it's possible that the landcruiser in the front would be super sharp.
Old 08-22-11, 04:02 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

this pic is real...ive actually experienced this in Kuwait... its pretty amazing what they can do with the cars there...probably one of the scariest experiences in my life....
Old 08-22-11, 05:16 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The pic may or may not be real. But this type of stuff actually does go on in that part of the world...
Old 08-22-11, 05:39 AM
Rash
hmm

Yeah, it does go this sharp, how? I really don't know.

It is windless because the car is being driven slowly.

I think there is one way that explains this. The man is really doing this stunt, what I believe is they taken this stunt picture, and added it on this 2 normal landcruisers picture (which is now the background).
Old 08-22-11, 06:05 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Auditions to be an acrobat in the Qatari national circus are a life-or-death experience. If you fall during the "Landcruiser dance with death" routine, the trailing Landcruisers will run you over to put an end to your shame.
Old 08-22-11, 09:16 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Yeah, it does go this sharp, how? I really don't know.

It is windless because the car is being driven slowly.

I think there is one way that explains this. The man is really doing this stunt, what I believe is they taken this stunt picture, and added it on this 2 normal landcruisers picture (which is now the background).
@Rashoodz

You are from the GCC right? There are few crazy dudes that drift and powerslide.............with Toyota Camry cars

These insane stunts can be seen all over youtube

Quick Reply: Caption this (Qatar + Landcruisers)