Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2012 Lexus IS-F upgraded suspension (ZF shocks), 2500/yr sales

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-11, 06:02 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i dont get it, what other company?
Every companies that make cars.

Originally Posted by spwolf
all those toyota models are dead for 10+ years...
Yes they are old, but they are still Toyotas.
Old 08-17-11, 08:41 PM
LexFather

You named 5 cars. Well hundreds of cars are sold. 5 cars is NOT COMMON. My point stands, what they did with the IS F is rare and not very common, especially in a non planned product (it was not in the Lexus pipeline) and in a car sold for 5-6 years. The NSX was sold for 12 years+ I hope they made some changes

Then none of those cars are IS F competition. I don't disagree at all with the changes but its still very RARE.

Old 08-17-11, 10:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
with the hot v8, tricky tranny, lsd, hot (but not bone-breaking) suspension, upgraded interior, better wheels, this might have just become one of the best performance luxury bargains out there.

are pics of new interior out there?
that's very true. it retains what lexus is about, best bang for the bucks
Old 08-17-11, 11:08 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Finally, a more sought after Pkg makes the F a real competitor in the Sports car market.. Luvin the updates..!
Old 08-18-11, 03:36 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
exotics shouldn't be in the same picture. but look at the isf. first year 2008. 09 i believe the updated suspension? 2010 added lsd and more suspension, 2011 i forgot what changes, and now 2012 suspension changes again.
I believe it was mechanical LSD for '10, revised suspension and steering for '11, and now these '12 changes. No performance/mechanical changes for '09.

There were cosmetic changes (either interior or exterior) every year as well, but who really cares about those.

I'm really glad for the constant improvements and development. It just shows how much the F division focuses on the driving experience and continuing to trickle down to the consumer everything they've learned in developing the LFA and in racing both the LFA and IS F in endurance events.

Originally Posted by BNR34
And this happened to every GTR, EVO and STi ever created, every year, same thing, repeat over and over again.

R32/33/34/34 GTR from 1989 to present.

EVO I to X from 1992 to present.

WRX STi version 1 to I lost track, my 04' was a version 8. From 1994 to present.

Same with Porsche 911, from 1960 to present?
Can't really compare the IS F to the Evo and STi since the latter were homologation models. That's why many generations barely lasted a year, because of the need for homologation every year to FIA WRC. Even the modern-era GT-R has had several homologation versions. The IS F isn't involved in any type of racing requiring homologation, so the impetus is completely different.
Old 08-18-11, 07:21 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,365 Posts

BNR34 - stop posting giant pictures of a subaru in this thread. i changed your pics to links.

thank you.
Old 08-18-11, 08:46 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a former 2008 IS-F owner I think they've done a remarkable job upgrading the IS-F with meaningful changes given it's low production volume. Some of the changes I'm none to fond of (new IP and wheel changes) but the rest are on the money in making it better car in every way (ride, handling, performance).
Old 08-18-11, 10:39 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think that its great that Lexus has continued the development of this amazing car. I think it will remain more competitive this way.
Old 08-18-11, 10:58 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,365 Posts

full spec sheet here
http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...duct+specs.htm
Old 08-18-11, 10:24 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, yet another suspension improvement for the IS F? Awesome! Way to go Lexus!
Old 08-19-11, 12:02 AM
Initial B
Lead Lap

It's nice to see the continuous improvement on this model. If I ever decide to buy one, it will have to be a '10+...the fact that they decided to enter the 400+ HP sports sedan market with an open differential STILL makes my brain hurt.
Old 08-19-11, 01:14 AM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MR_F1
With all the updates, I wonder if one day we will see the production version of the IS F CCS concept? That would be an awesome swan song to the 1st gen F.

Do it Lexus. Decent weight reduction, nice enough hp bump (was it 428hp on the concept?), Carbon fiber bits, Limited numbers, not too high a price, Current F owners get first preference.... ***thinks about picking up an '12 F*** lol
Yes, I would love to see the CCS go to production, even if it's extremely limited (like 100 or something).

IMO, it's very hard to justify buying the same model twice, even if there are a lot of upgrades. I would wait for the next model to come out and re-assess its competitors.

I'm actually very excited that Lexus is continually improving the F. I hope these improvements get some good pub from mags so fanboys that slam on earlier models run out of ammo. I don't feel upset at all that I missed out on these upgrades, prolly because I mod my car anyways. I would actually be more upset if I were to buy the last MY and a brand new F comes out soon after. I like to jump on models earlier in production so that I get to own the car for the longevity of that particular model.
Old 08-21-11, 01:02 PM
rosskoss
Advanced

This car is now almost perfect. I want one!
Old 08-21-11, 05:10 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am an original 08 and I am happy to see the changes an improvement on handling I was hoping to see a slight performance bump
Old 08-22-11, 04:36 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats how you run life cycle of a production car.

Hopefully IS-F path of updates and changes will be something they look upon to and apply to every single model in their lineup instead of letting them rot like 3GS.

Quick Reply: 2012 Lexus IS-F upgraded suspension (ZF shocks), 2500/yr sales