Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2012 Lexus IS-F upgraded suspension (ZF shocks), 2500/yr sales

Old 08-17-11, 09:15 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

IS-F becoming more and more desirable, too bad it's too near the end of the cycle now ...
Old 08-17-11, 09:21 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

nice upgrades, but worth selling my car and then buying an 2012- nope.

Now would i would think about getting the newer 2013/2014 -yes, only if they are around 480+ mark

if i can rewind to july of 2008, i would buy the orig ISF all over again, its that good...

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Dude, calm down. I never said they'd feel bad. I feel sorry because if I was an F owner, I'd probably be on my way to a third, by now. lol.

Jeez, pay attention to who's posting before you assume it's just another one in the influx of those out to berate Lexus.
Old 08-17-11, 09:34 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are doing a good job of making you want the new one
Old 08-17-11, 09:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
IS-F becoming more and more desirable, too bad it's too near the end of the cycle now ...
agreed....
Old 08-17-11, 09:58 AM
GS3Tek

Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusMan77
new wheel design
wow, love this new design also

I don't like any of their f-sport wheels (yes, I know, not an F wheel), esp. that new lotus flower design.
Old 08-17-11, 11:21 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ISF provides Lexus with a glimmer of hope in retaining enthusiasts. It's one of the few cars in the Lexus lineup that intrigues me (along with the LS and maybe GS).
Old 08-17-11, 11:22 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Well and the LFA intrigues me of course but I'll never be able to purchase one so I can hardly count it.

Then again, if LFA suspension/engine technologies trickle down into the F lineup, that will also bode well for Lexus.
Old 08-17-11, 11:38 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
wow, love this new design also

I don't like any of their f-sport wheels (yes, I know, not an F wheel), esp. that new lotus flower design.
The lotus flower is just awful

I hope the new hot wheel will be available in the U.S.
Old 08-17-11, 11:39 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Isn't that always the case for just about every cars?
Old 08-17-11, 01:01 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Not so, not with most Lexus cars I've seen, the SC's and GS's being some examples ...There are many examples from other brands too that I won't bother to list ......

Last edited by Gojirra99; 08-17-11 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-17-11, 01:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i don't see that many performance upgrades on other isf competitors for example. again, not a bad thing for isf, i feel great that lexus keeps on improving. but that hurts early buyers and values too imho. and in some way i kind of ask myself, were they really ready? i am all for updates, but i guess i am kind of used to say 1 refresh during mid model yrs
Old 08-17-11, 02:24 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Not so, not with most Lexus cars I've seen, the SC's and GS's being some examples ...There are many examples from other brands too that I won't bother to list ......
I think this happens (major upgrade every year) mostly to high performance enthusiast cars............EVO, STi, GTR, 911 Turbo, now IS-F. Since most Lexus are not either high performance nor enthusiast cars, yes they usually don't change much.

With that being said though, I always much prefer the after MC (minor change) versions, maybe you don't care for those little changes, but a lot of people do including me. I love every changes on my 06' SC430.......LED tails, wheels, 6-speeds......u know, I won't own a before MC version if I have a choice. I am sure you remembered tons of SC430 owners buying the 06' LED tails when it came out, so yeah, tons of people care. Same with my 05' LS430, love every minor changes.

My 04' STi was crazy, they put an entirely new front end on it at the mid cycle refresh. Major mechanical upgrades every year.

Last edited by BNR34; 08-17-11 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-17-11, 02:36 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't see that many performance upgrades on other isf competitors for example.
Yes they do. I think you are just seeing it differently.

Lexus upgrade the base ISF instead of adding packages, but M3 always have the competition package that comes out in the 2nd or 3rd model year that is exactly what Lexus is doing to the ISF now, different suspension components, different more aggressive wheels......etc. The C63 got the P30 performance package later on in the product cycle........+30 hp.....this and that.....etc.

Every cars get upgrade throught out their product cycle, the only differences is the frequency of it. Boring cars get less, exciting fun cars get updates like crazy.

R35 GTR and 997 Turbo got major upgrades/updates every single year......more power, different wheels, shocks, hubs, bigger brakes, body. Then they make features that was previously optional, standard.

How many different version of the Gallardo and Murcielago they have now? 550, 570, RWD, 4WD, superveloce this, superleggera that.............all the same idea, spicing up the same old body and chassis to keep the interest up.

Last edited by BNR34; 08-17-11 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-17-11, 02:39 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Not always. I mentioned desiring the GS "maybe" in my last post, but I didn't realize that pictures of the 4GS already leaked. I personally think the 4GS looks atrocious and noticeably blander all around, but again this is just my personal opinion. I loved the 2GS and 3GS styling. I love the current LS styling and the previous generation LS styling. They have road presence. I think the 4GS looks absolutely awful. But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, of course.

If I was shopping around for a mid size luxury sedan, I'd easily pounce on the new BMW 5 series. It looks spectacular all around, and I especially love the tail lights.

Sleek looking tail lights are very important to me. The taillights were pivotal in drawing me into the Lexus 2IS, for example. I think the ISx50/ISF tail lights are absolutely stunning, and I hope they don't screw it up with the 3rd generation like they did with the 4GS (again, in my opinion).

But maybe you were talking only about driving dynamics (power increases or suspension tweaks). In that case, you're probably correct.
Old 08-17-11, 03:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yes they do. I think you are just seeing it differently.

Lexus upgrade the base ISF instead of adding packages, but M3 always have the competition package that comes out in the 2nd or 3rd model year that is exactly what Lexus is doing to the ISF now, different suspension components, different more aggressive wheels......etc. The C63 got the P30 performance package later on in the product cycle........+30 hp.....this and that.....etc.

Every cars get upgrade throught out their product cycle, the only differences is the frequency of it. Boring cars get less, exciting fun cars get updates like crazy.

R35 GTR and 997 Turbo got major upgrades/updates every single year......more power, different wheels, shocks, hubs, bigger brakes, body. Then they make features that was previously optional, standard.

How many different version of the Gallardo and Murcielago they have now? 550, 570, RWD, 4WD, superveloce this, superleggera that.............all the same idea, spicing up the same old body and chassis to keep the interest up.
exotics shouldn't be in the same picture. but look at the isf. first year 2008. 09 i believe the updated suspension? 2010 added lsd and more suspension, 2011 i forgot what changes, and now 2012 suspension changes again.

i am not talking about no changes. changes are there and especially cosmetics, it's good for refresh. but what's done on the isf, it just sounds interesting to me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Lexus IS-F upgraded suspension (ZF shocks), 2500/yr sales