Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Rappers destroy Maybach 57S in music video (Jay-Z and Kanye)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-11, 03:55 PM
nine3es
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

straight ballin, dont hate...
Old 08-12-11, 04:10 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That souped up Bach is pretty reminiscent to Kanye's new studio work.
Old 08-12-11, 09:06 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Wasting money? lol, that was the whole point...
Old 08-13-11, 12:20 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Diemellz
Love it....to bad, they didnt do RR or Bentley...people panties would be huge tangle
Well said!
Old 08-13-11, 12:26 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its called a Jaybach.
Old 08-13-11, 12:53 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
First time seeing that. Utterly brilliant song and video......

Now watch kids dragging their hands on the roads shooting vids

True indeed....What humors me is that there will be people here disturbed at the fact that a Hip Hop artist destroys a highly coveted vehicle that for the sake of what they deem artistry, yet when the same thing is done for Hollywood's TV or movies it's a non issue. I don't care what genre you like or don't like, if an artist and or their label finances a budget for which a car is to be destroyed, how is it skin off of your back? Who cares? Either watch and appreciate the video for what it is or turn the channel. It's really not that deep.

I recall some 10 years back my uncle "blowing up" his Bentley Arnage for one of his artist's videos and seeing similar remarks about why would anyone do such a thing. None of those people lost any money nor were any of their personal vehicles damaged during the filming of the clip. I realize that some folks won't get the artistic value of every genre of music, as everything isn't for everyone. I just think there are truly bigger things to worry about in life than an entertainer "destroying" a car in a video. Whoever wrote the treatment did a great job as, the imagery of that car being "desecrated" already had the desired affect on its audience. Highly profitable video which will only aid keeping the video in rotation and more BDS spins for radio.
Old 08-13-11, 01:05 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they did that, next they will be doing this

http://youtu.be/voYxLjL58DE
Old 08-13-11, 02:16 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Honestly I see this as a decent change in what we perceive as hip hop.

Look, no drugs, no black girls, no shades, and a completely geeked-out-garage-hacked maybach.

It was a fun video to watch, productions have their budgets, they just used most of it to turn this maybach into a transformer. What is so different between this and smashing a Ferrari in an action scene?
Old 08-13-11, 02:52 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by c-low
they did that, next they will be doing this

http://youtu.be/voYxLjL58DE
That's a real baller right there.
Old 08-13-11, 03:11 AM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by G Star

Look, no drugs, no black girls, no shades, and a completely geeked-out-garage-hacked maybach.

It was a fun video to watch, productions have their budgets, they just used most of it to turn this maybach into a transformer. What is so different between this and smashing a Ferrari in an action scene?

even though tip drill music video was pretty amazing still here is a rapper with class.... lol
Old 08-13-11, 06:08 AM
RaceSC300
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexLaw
True indeed....What humors me is that there will be people here disturbed at the fact that a Hip Hop artist destroys a highly coveted vehicle that for the sake of what they deem artistry, yet when the same thing is done for Hollywood's TV or movies it's a non issue. I don't care what genre you like or don't like, if an artist and or their label finances a budget for which a car is to be destroyed, how is it skin off of your back? Who cares? Either watch and appreciate the video for what it is or turn the channel. It's really not that deep.

I recall some 10 years back my uncle "blowing up" his Bentley Arnage for one of his artist's videos and seeing similar remarks about why would anyone do such a thing. None of those people lost any money nor were any of their personal vehicles damaged during the filming of the clip. I realize that some folks won't get the artistic value of every genre of music, as everything isn't for everyone. I just think there are truly bigger things to worry about in life than an entertainer "destroying" a car in a video. Whoever wrote the treatment did a great job as, the imagery of that car being "desecrated" already had the desired affect on its audience. Highly profitable video which will only aid keeping the video in rotation and more BDS spins for radio.
Sadly there is always going to be a certain level of discrimination involved whenever rap/hip-hop is involved. Destroy an Maybach for a Kanye/Jay-Z video and it is stupid, wreck a Rolls Royce in the next Die Hard and all is well with the world.

Also, it is a Maybach, people. A glorified S class. Maybach is so highly regarded now a days it probably won't be around in five years.
Old 08-13-11, 06:36 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Stupid idea for a video. Typical idiotic hip hop video. All about look at my cash and how I can waste it.
Seems a tad bit judgmental unless you have a couple hundred million we don’t know about

You say stupid, I say brilliant creative marketing. The video will get millions of hits, its been written about on dozens of major websites and thousands of smaller ones.

A $50k PR retainer doesn’t get me a whole a lot, $300k in any kind of TV marketing does not go very far either. If they can spend 300k blowing up a car and get this level attention, its money well spent.

And hey, when the two guys torching the car have a net worth total north $500MM, blowing up a Maybach is about as wasteful as dropping 5k on wheels for average joe…………………..
Old 08-13-11, 06:57 AM
Loud1
Rookie

Man that's the best ***** ever!!! LOVE IT
Old 08-13-11, 09:02 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexLaw

Originally Posted by G Star

Originally Posted by RaceSC300
Sadly there is always going to be a certain level of discrimination involved whenever rap/hip-hop is involved. Destroy an Maybach for a Kanye/Jay-Z video and it is stupid, wreck a Rolls Royce in the next Die Hard and all is well with the world.

Also, it is a Maybach, people. A glorified S class. Maybach is so highly regarded now a days it probably won't be around in five years.
Great points.

Not to mention at the end of the video they explain the Maybach will be auctioned off for charity.

Maybe its a subliminal diss by Jay-Z? Maybe Maybach pissed him off or something with a deal that didn't go through/sponsorship/ownership and he hacked their car? He went at Cristal in a song calling them "racists" and stopped mentioning them in songs. I mean Maybach might be discontinued, the brand flopped completely and Jay-Z has mentioned them and had them in videos many times, including the coupe in the video "Lost Ones".

Just too much of a coincidence to me he decided to butcher the very car he has featured quite a few times.

Last edited by LexFather; 08-13-11 at 09:05 AM.

Old 08-13-11, 09:12 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I doubt Maybach will be discontinued. It'll be cool if the buyer takes it to a place like Renntech and get it tuned to like 800hp.

Quick Reply: Rappers destroy Maybach 57S in music video (Jay-Z and Kanye)