Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 First Drive- WANT.... BAD....

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-11, 09:39 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
LOL this is coming from one of the biggest Mopar Haters on this site .
Is that statement aimed at me, I don't hate Mopar, Im an everything hater its all about the Hemi

Originally Posted by Big Mack
If you can't afford the wants, you shouldn't be buying a $55K SUV, and you damn sure won't be able to afford the insurance or the gas that goes with the SRT badging. Smile on their face while going to work and burning twice as much gas as they can afford? That's ridonkulous, mang. Time to stop coddling these people and let them either pay down their debt or move up at work and earn their wants. I know, I know, it's the "American dream" to have everything you want -the difference is, I'm not sure your neighbors want to pay for it when you let the house go to foreclosure because you needed to satisfy a "want" to go camping and a "want" to go to work with a smile on your face. /tiny rant

Big Mack
You wanna talk about the American Dream, every once in awhile someone starts a thread on one of the LX forums, either the 300C or Charger forum and starts crying about how its my right to be an American and drive vehicles with large engines, they usually start when gas prices go up, its sad and pathetic, it makes me laugh but it also makes me study harder to never end up like that
Old 07-19-11, 04:16 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, wait until next year and you'll pick a used one up for $40,000.

I guess it is a cool idea for a vehicle (SUV that outruns sports cars), but I don't see Dodge selling many of these. I haven't read up on the new one, but have they added a tow-hitch option?
Old 07-19-11, 08:27 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
You wanna talk about the American Dream, every once in awhile someone starts a thread on one of the LX forums, either the 300C or Charger forum and starts crying about how its my right to be an American and drive vehicles with large engines,
There is no "right" to drive anything. In all 50 states, driving is legally a priviledge, not a right.
Old 07-19-11, 11:37 AM
wntrwhte
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Hey, wait until next year and you'll pick a used one up for $40,000.

I guess it is a cool idea for a vehicle (SUV that outruns sports cars), but I don't see Dodge selling many of these. I haven't read up on the new one, but have they added a tow-hitch option?
the new models don't have the dual center exhaust and so can accept a hitch...5000lbs tow rating, may be more with a weight distributing hitch.
Old 07-19-11, 12:51 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Nice but..............

I hope the engine is not built by these guys

http://youtu.be/2YaQCsrDfdY
Old 07-19-11, 01:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys, let's get this thread back on topic of the new SRT8 (not on unions, bad drivers, economy conditions or comments about the other members in this thread).

Thanks.