Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Diners block in Ford Expedition that took up three parking spots hahah

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-11, 04:16 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by My0gr81
R U the AofOne from E46Fanatics?
Dont know anything about that. I have never even been to that site. Never owned or been very interested in a BMW. LOL... I am guessing if there was an affiliation that would be a bad thing?
Originally Posted by mmarshall
Big Mack, I have personally met Josh (ArmyofOne), spent some time with him, and I can assure you that he is anything BUT obnoxious and rude. What's more, he has served multiple tours of duty in Iraq, putting his life at stake, and may soon be off to Afghanistan. As far as I'm concened, he can park where he wants......I'd give up my own space for him.
Thats not nessecary, and the fact that I have been to Iraq has little to do with how I park. I do it because cars are expensive and I dont want mine damaged. but I do it in the back where there are few/no cars. I have never had a problem. Even if I was not a veteran, I would still do it. You just have to be considerate, about where and how you do it. There are ways to park whatever way you want and not be an ***. As I said I would never park that way, 3 spaces is a little insane.
Old 07-08-11, 09:21 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E6BAV8R
That's what insurance is for. Those cars are legally parked. If he wants to push his way out than he better be ready to foot my insurance bill, or I'll see him in court.
Whether they or he is legally parked has been debated quite a bit, with out visible stripes it is hard to say. I for one would not purposefully park my car to his front or rear to prove a point. I would assume he has insurance, and if he snapped a quick pic, and told his agent he had no choice had an emergency and had to push his way out, then 2 cars get damaged their owners are in for some hassle getting them fixed and he is on his way. But "That's what insurance is for."
Old 07-08-11, 10:13 AM
USMCgs3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Dont know anything about that. I have never even been to that site. Never owned or been very interested in a BMW. LOL... I am guessing if there was an affiliation that would be a bad thing?

Thats not nessecary, and the
fact that I have been to Iraq has little to do with how I park. I do it because cars are expensive and I dont want mine damaged. but I do it in the back where there are few/no cars. I have never had a problem. Even if I was not a veteran, I would still do it. You just have to be considerate, about where and how you do it. There are ways
to park whatever way you want and not be an ***. As I said I would never park that way, 3 spaces is a little insane.
Well said sir
Old 07-08-11, 11:05 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hwy1isf
Whether they or he is legally parked has been debated quite a bit, with out visible stripes it is hard to say. I for one would not purposefully park my car to his front or rear to prove a point. I would assume he has insurance, and if he snapped a quick pic, and told his agent he had no choice had an emergency and had to push his way out, then 2 cars get damaged their owners are in for some hassle getting them fixed and he is on his way. But "That's what insurance is for."
That was assuming there was parking stripes there, and of course assuming the cars are indeed legally parked; as has been mentioned.

I'm with you: I wouldn't park my Lexus there either just to prove a point, but if I was in my beater I would. It is up for the courts to decide if he did indeed have an emergency, but that still doesn't constitute him breaking traffic laws to get himself out of a parking spot; just like speeding or running red lights to get to a hospital doesn't. Emergency or not won't get him out of the situation of paying for my vehicle; other than providing justification.
Old 07-08-11, 12:45 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always thought it was more or less common sense to park the front facing a building. Unless there isn't enough space to pass. Then you can go parallel. More or less courtesy so you can fit more people.
Old 07-10-11, 01:10 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I'll remember not to park sideways like that in a parking lot like that. I would be mad if I got blocked in like that.
Old 07-10-11, 03:16 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Big Mack, I have personally met Josh (ArmyofOne), spent some time with him, and I can assure you that he is anything BUT obnoxious and rude. What's more, he has served multiple tours of duty in Iraq, putting his life at stake, and may soon be off to Afghanistan. As far as I'm concened, he can park where he wants......I'd give up my own space for him.
Don't care. I'm sure Josh is a good guy and I've said as much to him personally in PM's back and forth. It is MY OPINION that ANYONE who does this is obnoxious and rude for doing so. In other circumstances/situations, perhaps not, but when parking, it's just rude and obnoxious. We all drive very nice vehicles, none of us want them damaged, but you don't hear others saying they do this all the time and getting a pat on the back for it, this is no different - veteran or not.

Originally Posted by usmcgs3
Don't bother wasting your time on Big Mack, he doesn't feel that the Armed Forces deserve any special treatment.... We went over this not too long ago.
I find it incredulous that when I made a joke referencing another thread people were all over me, but comments like this bullcrap are just taken as perfectly acceptable other than the fact it was aimed directly at me (thanks, Dave, BTW).

Big Mack

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-10-11 at 06:26 PM. Reason: dealt with unread issue with other member, removed post
Old 07-10-11, 06:13 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Mack
Don't care. I'm sure Josh is a good guy and I've said as much to him personally in PM's back and forth. It is MY OPINION that ANYONE who does this is obnoxious and rude for doing so. In other circumstances/situations, perhaps not, but when parking, it's just rude and obnoxious. We all drive very nice vehicles, none of us want them damaged, but you don't hear others saying they do this all the time and getting a pat on the back for it, this is no different - veteran or not.

I find it incredulous that when I made a joke referencing another thread people were all over me, but comments like this bullcrap are just taken as perfectly acceptable other than the fact it was aimed directly at me (thanks, Dave, BTW).

Big Mack
Closed for ignoring moderator request previously posted.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys, please get your comments off the other members please and on topic of the article if you want to post.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-10-11 at 06:29 PM.