Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Diners block in Ford Expedition that took up three parking spots hahah

Old 07-04-11, 11:24 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
I double park alot, at an angle taking up 2 spots...seriously, I do it alot.

But I make sure to do it in the back of the lot, far away from anyone else, just in case the lot fills up. Especially at walmart, that place is rediculous.

If the lot is small and I know its going to be full, I park normal, and pray. Having said that, I understand the driver's mentality, but 3 spots is not nessecary, and dont do anything of the sort in a lot you KNOW is going to be full 15 mins after you park there (i.e. restaurant). Its obnoxious and rude.
I used to do that with my Denali pickup if there were no handicap spots just so I could get my wife into the truck from her wheelchair. One time at our Meijer store (local version of Wal-Mart), I parked way out in an empty lot with the handicap hanger showing. When we returned, the lot was still pretty empty, but some parking lot vigilantes had parked around me and someone left a nasty note on the windshield.

Now I have smaller vehicles and if no handicap place is available, I park far out, straight in a space, and take my chances. I try to find an island to park to the left of so I can leave open space on the passenger side. If the passenger door gets blocked in, I pull into the aisle and park to transfer my wife.
Old 07-04-11, 12:47 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a case of dumb and dumber, living in the south you can't do anything when surrounded by ****ing idiots
Old 07-04-11, 03:11 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've found that if I double park my car, someone will take the time out of their own day to hit my car because they know I care about it. I'll find a decent spot in a corner relatively close to the building, park as close to the curb as possible, and forget about it.
Old 07-04-11, 03:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne

But I make sure to do it in the back of the lot, far away from anyone else, just in case the lot fills up. Especially at walmart, that place is rediculous.

If the lot is small and I know its going to be full, I park normal, and pray. Having said that, I understand the driver's mentality, but 3 spots is not nessecary, and dont do anything of the sort in a lot you KNOW is going to be full 15 mins after you park there (i.e. restaurant). Its obnoxious and rude.

Originally Posted by Big Mack

Originally Posted by armyofone

Its obnoxious and rude.

Fixed that for you.

Big Mack
Big Mack, I have personally met Josh (ArmyofOne), spent some time with him, and I can assure you that he is anything BUT obnoxious and rude. What's more, he has served multiple tours of duty in Iraq, putting his life at stake, and may soon be off to Afghanistan. As far as I'm concened, he can park where he wants......I'd give up my own space for him.

Last edited by mmarshall; 07-04-11 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-05-11, 08:34 PM
USMCgs3
Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Big Mack, I have personally met Josh (ArmyofOne), spent some time with him, and I can assure you that he is anything BUT obnoxious and rude. What's more, he has served multiple tours of duty in Iraq, putting his life at stake, and may soon be off to Afghanistan. As far as I'm concened, he can park where he wants......I'd give up my own space for him.
Don't bother wasting your time on big Mack, he doesn't feel that the Armed Forces deserve any special treatment.... We went over this not too long ago.
Old 07-05-11, 08:40 PM
USMCgs3
Driver

But anywho, I would have blocked him in too if I knew the "homie" driving it wouldn't hit my car... Still I laughed at this picture. The other day someone parked so close to my car (drivers side) I could barely squeeze my *** in. I was more then happy to leave a note and a decent sized door ding when I left. They were 7" in my lane!!! I also took a picture of their LP number just in case
Old 07-05-11, 08:41 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Guys, please get your comments off the other members please and on topic of the article if you want to post.
Old 07-06-11, 06:48 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driver of the above vehicle is being inconsiderate. Definitely an *******.
Old 07-06-11, 08:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackraven

Driver of the above vehicle is being inconsiderate. Definitely an *******.
True (I won't disagree there), but, IMO, it is more of an inconsideration to deliberately block someone in on both ends than to park crossways in multiple-spaces. So, I'd say that, in addition to one a**hole in the middle, you also have two a**holes on either side of him. Even more so, in this case, considering that there are no actual marked spaces with white lines, and people are just parking where they want.
Old 07-06-11, 09:16 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True (I won't disagree there), but, IMO, it is more of an inconsideration to deliberately block someone in on both ends than to park crossways in multiple-spaces. So, I'd say that, in addition to one a**hole in the middle, you also have two a**holes on either side of him. Even more so, in this case, considering that there are no actual marked spaces with white lines, and people are just parking where they want.

Agreed, and the folks who blocked him in are running a real risk that he has not had a few beers and then decides to push his way out.
Old 07-06-11, 10:17 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
remind me of this

unfortunately, the 2 cars will substitute as walls
Old 07-06-11, 11:02 AM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just because there are no marked lines doesn't mean those aren't designated parking spaces.

We saw him, he was probably in his early 30's. He freaked out and was on his phone for a good 10 minutes pacing around the area. He actually called the restaurant to let them know he was parked in. Both vehicles are legally parked, and the parking lot was pretty much full when he pulled in.
Even if there are no marked spots, you go with what the majority and the norm of the parking lot is. The norm for this lot is to park perpendicular to the wall, therefore doing the same is what is acceptable.
Old 07-07-11, 06:54 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

There are actually lines in the pictures. If you look near the right rear wheel of the Isuzu, you can make out the line. Its just very faint. Probably an old parking lot.
Old 07-07-11, 09:01 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RX_330
Just because there are no marked lines doesn't mean those aren't designated parking spaces.

In most states (if not all), designated spaces MUST be marked. There may be a few exceptions here and there.
Old 07-07-11, 11:27 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hwy1isf
Agreed, and the folks who blocked him in are running a real risk that he has not had a few beers and then decides to push his way out.
That's what insurance is for. Those cars are legally parked. If he wants to push his way out than he better be ready to foot my insurance bill, or I'll see him in court.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diners block in Ford Expedition that took up three parking spots hahah