Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2012 Scion tC "High Voltage" release series 7.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-11, 07:05 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2012 Scion tC "High Voltage" release series 7.0

http://www.scion.com/rstc/

Seeded by the smartphone and tablet market, a consumer’s desire to personalize our possessions has been taken to a new level. Even as the modern automobile have successfully scared individuals from modifying new vehicles in fears of interfering with electronic or voiding warranties, auto manufacturers have given some desirable whimsy. The Scion division of Toyota Motor Corporation has defined themselves with extensive factory or dealer customization of new car purchasers. Along with giving a healthy assortment of wheels, body kits and interior trim add-ons, Scion has highlighted their expressionism in a limited edition run each year called the Release Series. For the 2012 model year, the Scion brand continues their tradition with the tC Release Series 7.0 coupe.

The 7th year for seeing the two-door Scion tC undergoing the Release Series treatment, the 2012 model year continues to uphold the expectations for a spectacular presentation. Radiant in High Voltage yellow, the 2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 colour provides the sport compact look fitting to this sharp coupe. Matching the exterior colour, a TRD body kit trims is attached to the lower section of the Scion tC. Contrasting the bright High Voltage yellow, the Scion tC Release Series 7.0 has touches of black found on the vehicle’s front honeycomb grille, mirrors, and wheels. Wearing 18-inch alloy numbers, the dark-painted wheels on the 2012 tC Release Series 7.0 adds a racy look to the lower riding compact car.

The marriage of yellow and black is continued inside of the 2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 within the pattern for the seating fabric. Yellow stitching is used incorporated on the special edition vehicle’s leather-wrapped steering wheel. On the tC Release Series 7.0, two technological touches have been added by Scion. For the first time on a Scion product, the Toyota Smart Key system now needs the motorist to simply grab the door handle to enter the previously locked car. For more assertive starting, a red push button starter works in conjunction with the Smart Key system. The second treat of technology inside the 2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 is an upgraded stereo system. Sourced from Pioneer, the standard 300-watt output audio system includes HD radio, CD player and all connections for iPod and other portable music devices.

For a more robust audio experience inside the 2012 tC Release Series 7.0 there is an available Pioneer Premium Audio System controlled through a 5.8-inch LCD touch-screen. The optional premium sound system adds iTunes tagging as well as the wide selection of internet radio through the Pandora service. In addition to the Release Series, all Scion tC will include standard Bluetooth connectivity in 2012 for audio streaming as well as hands-free conversations using many popular cell phones.

Available with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission, the 2012 Scion tC Release Series 7.0 two-door will exist in only 2,200 examples. Pricing for the special yellow sport compact will start at a very spiffy $20,905 for the manual-equipped version. An automatic variant of the tC Release Series 7.0 can be snatched for a $1,000 extra.

Information and photo source: Toyota Motor Sales USA
Old 06-30-11, 07:22 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

I was hoping for something more extreme like this...
Old 06-30-11, 07:36 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa1Xb...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IawMR...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyju4...layer_embedded

The yellow's not my cup of tea, but I like everything else with this special edition tC. It could make for a fun daily-driver.
Old 06-30-11, 11:52 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

The same crappy car from the same crappy brand, only this time it's limited edition crap! Can't wait for the Celica to be bastardized and thrown into the Scion lineup with some stupid alpha-numeric garbage name and be every ricers wet dream! Not.

DEATH TO SCION!
Old 07-01-11, 02:26 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

i like it... tC also is doing well on the dyno and is posting more impressive mileage figures than previous version with less hp
Old 07-01-11, 06:59 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Best RS car was the tC 1.0, the red one. All the others are blah.
Old 07-01-11, 08:06 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
this one is not bad, I'm just not into yellow...maybe if I had a lambo but not on a tC. Pearl white would look a ton better IMO.
Old 07-01-11, 08:14 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Scion could, and SHOULD do so much better with their RS cars. This is basically a joke now (nice colour though). I hope they endeavour to do much better with the FT-86.
Old 07-01-11, 08:36 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Scion could, and SHOULD do so much better with their RS cars. This is basically a joke now (nice colour though). I hope they endeavour to do much better with the FT-86.
why is it a joke? i think it is pretty perfect as it is. Upgraded interior, exclusive color, wheels, stereo, body kit and smart entry unique to the 2k buyers, all for a bit more than 2k.

I used to own MR-2, to buy those things yourself... serious money.
Old 07-01-11, 08:50 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't understand when anything comes out from Scion everyone hates on it. I maybe biased because I own a Scion tC but I've owned Toyotas and Lexus vehicles before (used) and I had no problem with the Scion badge.

A lot seem to argue the rice factor. Ok yea sure some of them make questionable mods to THEIR cars. No one is asking you to slap stickers on your car. It's their car let them do what they want with it, if you don't like it whatever, you can make comments about their cars but it shouldn't affect your car purchase. There will always be people with bad taste buying all sorts of cars.

People argue that it's trying to be something it's not. I would argue it's doing everything it wants to be perfectly. It's an economic vehicle that gets younger buyers into the brand. It has INCREDIBLE value for its price.
tCs have a panoramic roof and iPod integration standard. Panoramic roofs are usually optional and cost a lot of money. iPod integration wasn't standard on some Lexus cars up until recently. Sure it's not a sports car but no one buys a $18k sports car new. It's a sport compact with style (debatable) and loaded standard options.

I will give you that the new tC has cheapened out on somethings but it still delivers a lot of standard features for cheap.

People treat the Scion brand like it's the bottom of the barrel brand for Toyota. Sure it's relatively cheaply priced and it's mass produced with not so great interior materials but it's not a $30k Lexus IS. Don't expect it to be.
Old 07-01-11, 08:54 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

i know Koma, i dont get it either... but it is pretty much an fact now so thats interesting and might not change easily... maybe FRS will change it.

Scion does have the lowest median age of the customers in the industry and those people do tend to modify their vehicles.

Heck, this new Gen2 already has 330whp turbo kit for it :-)
Old 07-01-11, 09:06 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
The best in my opinion were the 3.0 and 4.0 (I own a 4.0 )

The 3.0 was a pearl white exterior with a full lip kit with a grille insert, unique shift ****, unique LED tails and Alcantara seats and the subwoofer.

The 4.0 was much the same. Lip kit, grille, shift ****, no unique tails (08+ came with the upgraded subwoofer standard), alcantara seat.

I like those two the most because of the alcantara seats and the lip kits. I even upgraded to the RS 3.0 all red LED tails.

The 2.0 had alcantaras too but had only grille changes.
5.0 was a host of TRD upgrades (most could be purchased separately as accessories)
6.0 was navigation (weakest one of all IMO)
Old 07-01-11, 09:44 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw the commercial last night, if only the TC was more powerful it would be such a awesome car.
Old 07-01-11, 10:27 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
I saw the commercial last night, if only the TC was more powerful it would be such a awesome car.
it puts 160-165whp to the ground, so it is actually under-rated by some 10hp... i think 0-60 in 7 seconds is fine in this car.

they could have made it faster but they would have to lose some options to get the same price of 18k
Old 07-01-11, 10:38 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

I love the way it looks.

Quick Reply: 2012 Scion tC "High Voltage" release series 7.0