Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Motor Trend polls readers to find Top Five Motoring Annoyances

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-11, 04:56 AM
AMAlex
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with that list completely, I simply HATE slow drivers. I have to admit that sometimes I have a heavy foot, but im talking about those cases where the speed limit is 45 and you have drivers going 30, I finally manage to get around them and its either an old person or someone on the phone!
Old 06-03-11, 06:54 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The flip-side of #5 - People who don't turn right on red...are the people that honk at you and get all pis$ed off at you for daring to actually come to a complete stop before going right-on-red...which, by the way, IS THE LAW!

It's not a Yield sign, folks!
Old 06-03-11, 07:47 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
i think i will add to complete that statement by saying slow in the fast lane blocking traffic. it's ok to drive slow, i don't care, but stay in the slow lanes. if you are in the fast lane, you are in the passing lane. for example when there is little traffic and i am driving 80, i am usually in the 2nd to slowest lane. if i see a car slow up front, i go to next lane to pass and then change back. if i am doing 80 in the fast lane and someone comes up to me at 100 and i don't change lane, i consider myself as ***

this has been discussed sooooo much, i am sure some will disagree
Good example, often less skilled American drivers park in passing lane when other lanes are available for cruising at any speed.
Old 06-03-11, 08:06 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i can't stand slow drivers more than others. i'm not saying everyone should be driving like maniacs out there, just drive the speed of the traffic flow. slow drivers don't realize because of whatever reasons they have for driving slower than the flow of traffic, people behind them tend to get anxious and change lanes out of necessity and hence more chance of having accidents, therefore slow drivers are also very selfish in that sense.
Old 06-03-11, 08:09 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think i will add to complete that statement by saying slow in the fast lane blocking traffic. it's ok to drive slow, i don't care, but stay in the slow lanes. if you are in the fast lane, you are in the passing lane. for example when there is little traffic and i am driving 80, i am usually in the 2nd to slowest lane. if i see a car slow up front, i go to next lane to pass and then change back. if i am doing 80 in the fast lane and someone comes up to me at 100 and i don't change lane, i consider myself as ***

this has been discussed sooooo much, i am sure some will disagree
well i agree with you 100%
Old 06-03-11, 08:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hahhaa man, good to see supporters here
Old 06-03-11, 08:44 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

I have had people honk because I did not turn on red and the sign says no turn on red.

Sorry I am not risking getting a ticket because you're an idiot.
Old 06-03-11, 09:10 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

1. Tailgating.
6. driving with high beams on, blinding everyone on the road.
Old 06-03-11, 10:58 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Yes, plus the concept of lane discipline that some Americans have no concept of.
#1 complaint I have, if I may elaborate on my interpretation of what you mean by lane discipline: My home track is 405 fwy So.CA between O.C. & LA 4-6 lanes north or south so there is a appropriate lane for any appropriate speed 55mph-75mph given the usual traffic level 6:30am - 7:00pm monday-friday. I always enter freeway & accelerate to 73mph (for ticket avoidance) as quick as traffic will allow, into #2 lane second from left & set cruise control where I remain as long as I can maintain that speed. Inevitably I have to move into #1 lane to go around slower traffic & maintain my speed. During normal traffic I am lucky to be able to maintain 73mph even in #1 lane often having to slow/manuever around vehicles that have recently passed me & incapable of maintaining a steady speed. Remember if you are "in a hurry" it's not about top speed, it's a high average speed that saves time!