Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

5/21/2011 E@RTC and Remlinger Farm event (WA)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-11, 11:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default 5/21/2011 E@RTC and Remlinger Farm event (WA)

This past weekend I flew up to Seattle area to visit a good friend of mine. He took me out to the exotic meet he attends pretty much every week (if weather permits). And it also happens to be the weekend where the annual Remlinger Farm event was held so it was another great change to visit a great place and also tons of sweet cars.

E@RTC stands for Exotics at Redmond Town Center

http://www.exoticsatredmondtowncenter.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ExoticsRTC/201202160220

Every weekend bunch of exotics and a lot of other cool cars show up, much like Car and Coffee here in OC. They gather and have fun and talk about cars.

The Remlinger Farm event was first started by Jody Takagi 4 years ago. She's a racer and has a very nicely modded Porsche Boxster. She travels around and does quite a few races. The event has grown over the years, started out with Porsches but now a lot of other exotics and high end sports cars join!

Nonetheless, I was thrilled to meet so many cool people and we had a lot of fun hanging out with each other the whole day. The best part of the day? I got to drive the Lamborghini LP670-4 SV and Rolls Royce Phantom. Very interesting experience. Will make another post later in this thread about that. (post #5 SV, post #6 Phantom)

Last edited by rominl; 05-24-11 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-24-11, 11:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

E@RTC (there are more pics in my gallery)

LP640 and LP670-4 SV

NSX representing!

430 Scuderia

Phantom, HUGE...

GT3

ISF!!!!!!

Gorgeous 458 Italia

Aston Martin DBR2!!! Google its history. The car is insane, and take a guess how much it's worth...

Full wrapped matte black 430 Scuderia. Originally it's light blue

Very nice M3

GTR Brothers
Old 05-24-11, 11:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Remlinger Farm event

On the way. Phantom was like a SUV

Porsche lineup!

Group shot
Old 05-24-11, 11:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

That day was also a charity event for little girl Lily on the cystic fibrosis disease. She's such a cute little angel and we were able to raise over 400 bucks

Old 05-24-11, 11:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Here's my short write up on driving the SV and Phantom

Lamborghini LP670-4 SV:

The car is straight out very raw. The engine has a lot of muscle "mad" feel to it, and the way the sound comes from the back is very interesting. Getting in and out of the car was a bit harder than the LFA because of the door angle, and I think seating position is a little lower than the LFA

The AWD system in the SV is the real soul to the car imho. It makes the car that much easier to drive. What I mean is it helps the driver quite a bit to control the car when it's needed. You can floor the car half way through a turn (from stop) and you won't get into trouble. Do that in some other RWD platform and you will see stars.

The steering is tighter and harder than the LFA, but yet still very precise and responsive. Surprisingly, the steering wheel itself feels a bit too "thin" for my liking. It's even thinner than that of the LFA I think. I personally prefer a little thicker steering wheel. I could definitely feel the car being heavier and not as nimble as the LFA, but the AWD helps make the car much easier to drive in various occasions.

Acceleration is absolutely brutal, the torque "hurts" and when I floor the car, it shoots out like a rocket. Just completely brutal. Very very different from the LFA where you don't feel as much of a push.

The transmission is interesting. I don't know exactly the shift time, but it doesn't **** as harsh as that of the LFA. The smoother shifting makes it easier to drive (not as abrupt when you shift). The SV doesn't have a lot of fancy driving modes, just normal and corsa. In corsa mode, the shifting is noticeably sharper, but still doesn't carry the harshness I got in the LFA.

Last of all, the suspension / ride quality is surprisingly good! Maybe because it has 18" wheels, but it takes bumps and uneven roads very very well. I expected far harsher ride but I had no problem riding / driving the car the whole day.

In short, I think the SV is a much easier car to drive than I thought. Acceleration is crazy, and the AWD system I think makes a huge difference, allowing the car to be easily driven in different conditions. Exterior wise, the car is simply a looker. The whole driving the car literally everyone around us was staring at the car. People simply know the car is something "different".
Old 05-24-11, 11:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Rolls Royce Phantom:

How do I begin with this car? It's huge. It's long, it's massive. 6000lbs of aluminum, that's no joke. The car actually sits quite high, I say almost at crossover level. When driving it, I constantly find myself sitting higher than other drivers in their sedans.

And that front end is ridiculously long, it's not easy to judge distance and took me a while to get used to how the front end turns. But once that's taken care of, really, it's not that much difference from driving the LS or S class.

I don't care what other numbers show, but it's definitely quieter than the LS460L, and probably quieter than the LS600hL as well. You just don't hear anything from the engine, only road noise.

The car is very heavy though. Although it has V12, but you need to gas it quite a bit to get it moving. But once it's moving, the car can REALLY move. The torque from the V12 engine can pull pretty hard especially on the freeway.

What I find most surprising about the drive is the handling. The car handles pretty darn well for its humongous size and weight. I took a few curves harder and the car took them very well. On one of the off ramps, I intentionally went faster than I should have, but the active body roll system kept the car on the road without much roll. That was very very impressive.

The Phantom isn't much about driving I guess, it's about the rear seats. And it's definitely luxurious. All the details, individual TVs, all the little stuff. Superb sound system as well (I heard there are 2 17s sub in the car!).

Overall, I think the Phantom is a very "statement" car. It drives nice but I don't think it's anything special. But it's about the prestige and status. Riding in it and you literally see everyone outside looking at you like you are a VIP. I am not a big fan of the front dash design, especially the steering wheel which is very very thin. But would it be a car I want to be in when going to VIP events? Hell yeah!
Old 05-24-11, 11:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Here are some pictures by Jody Takagi directly on the events on 5/21. Feel free to find out more about her on FB! She's setting some more official channels for herself and her racing stories, hopefully they will be up soon!

Sir Mix-A-Lot was there!!!!!
Old 05-25-11, 09:09 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few things to add. There was more money raised, but it's kept quiet so E@RTC isn't hounded by every charity known to man. Second, both cars have thin steering wheels to account for drivers wearing gloves.

Thanks for coming up Henry! It was a great time! Too bad the weather wasn't perfect or we'd have pulled twice as many cars for both events.
Old 05-25-11, 10:02 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Nice review Henry, very visual

That's very heartwarming for the little girl

Interesting read on the phantom-that thing is huuuuuumongous

OK, which ferrari was Mixalot driving?
Old 05-25-11, 10:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TommyJames
A few things to add. There was more money raised, but it's kept quiet so E@RTC isn't hounded by every charity known to man. Second, both cars have thin steering wheels to account for drivers wearing gloves.

Thanks for coming up Henry! It was a great time! Too bad the weather wasn't perfect or we'd have pulled twice as many cars for both events.
ah, thanks for the addition! interesting point where the steering wheels are designed that way to accommodate drivers wearing gloves. never thought about that! now why didn't you tell me to bring mine!
Old 05-25-11, 10:12 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He has the orange LP640 parked next to me. Hey Henry, put up the shot of you and Anthony!
Old 05-25-11, 10:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Nice review Henry, very visual

That's very heartwarming for the little girl

Interesting read on the phantom-that thing is huuuuuumongous

OK, which ferrari was Mixalot driving?
you welcome chris, i had such a great weekend so i wanted to share with people. lily is very very energetic and cute, my heart goes out to her and i hope the best for her!

yes, the phantom is nothing less than huge. i was looking at spec, the long wheelbase version is whopping 240" long, and wheel base is 150"!! for comparison, ls460 length is 204" and wheelbase is 122". so yeah, the phantom is a good 30" longer!!!!

sir mixalot? he has BOTH ferrari and lamborghini his orange lp640 was parked right next to the sv
Old 05-25-11, 10:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by TommyJames
He has the orange LP640 parked next to me. Hey Henry, put up the shot of you and Anthony!
haha alright, so i guess it's ok to post! anthony is a super super nice guy, and he's insanely funny too. i laughed so badly!!
Attached Thumbnails 5/21/2011 E@RTC and Remlinger Farm event (WA)-225897_10150192576043494_527808493_7207394_8300533_n.jpg  
Old 05-25-11, 04:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

looks like a great turn out. reminds me of cars and coffee.. Thanks for sharing the pics
Old 05-25-11, 05:05 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Rominl,

Thanks for the great pics.

And you have met Tommy (I only wished that Tommy met the Trinity Capitol VC guy who was on the LFA page for a few days).

So answer the mystery, how did Tommy get both his Lambo and Roller to the event?

Quick Reply: 5/21/2011 E@RTC and Remlinger Farm event (WA)