Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

5/21/2011 E@RTC and Remlinger Farm event (WA)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 05:10 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a full time assistant.
Old 05-25-11, 05:15 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
looks like a great turn out. reminds me of cars and coffee.. Thanks for sharing the pics
We're not exactly a cars and coffee as we're not aimed at everything. We focus on exotics and they dominate in nice weather. We had the threat of rain last weekend so we tend to get a higher percentage of daily drivers than normal. We try and make it inclusive but we think we'd harm expectations if we changed the focus to something like Cars and Coffee. We're getting more and more seven and eight figure cars and they won't come out unless there are the spectators, the daily drivers don't pull spectators, so to get the spectators, you have to have the exotics, so they are the core of the group. It all seems to work well.
Old 05-25-11, 05:17 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
This past weekend I flew up to Seattle area to visit a good friend of mine. He took me out to the exotic meet he attends pretty much every week (if weather permits). And it also happens to be the weekend where the annual Remlinger Farm event was held so it was another great change to visit a great place and also tons of sweet cars.

E@RTC stands for Exotics at Redmond Town Center

http://www.exoticsatredmondtowncenter.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ExoticsRTC/201202160220

Every weekend bunch of exotics and a lot of other cool cars show up, much like Car and Coffee here in OC. They gather and have fun and talk about cars.

The Remlinger Farm event was first started by Jody Takagi 4 years ago. She's a racer and has a very nicely modded Porsche Boxster. She travels around and does quite a few races. The event has grown over the years, started out with Porsches but now a lot of other exotics and high end sports cars join!

Nonetheless, I was thrilled to meet so many cool people and we had a lot of fun hanging out with each other the whole day. The best part of the day? I got to drive the Lamborghini LP670-4 SV and Rolls Royce Phantom. Very interesting experience. Will make another post later in this thread about that. (post #5 SV, post #6 Phantom)
These pics make me

Should have joined you Henry. Looks like it was an amazing time.

Car looks amazing Tommy. Fantastic events you guys put on.
Old 05-25-11, 05:22 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

It's really crazy on a nice weekend when we get twice as many cars. You can see a lot of pictures on the E@RTC Facebook page.
Old 05-25-11, 05:28 PM
LexFather

How the hell did I miss this thread? Dude, AWESOME write-ups, OMG, I'm going to take down my reviews lol. I read it twice, felt like I was there. Tommy, very classy of you and thanks for sharing this experience with Henry and the forum.

Sir Mix A Lot ftw!!!!

Great job you two, much respect!

Old 05-25-11, 05:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Great pics Henry and looks like a wonderful event! Thanks for posting.
Old 05-25-11, 05:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

and fwiw, it was quite something to see / hear a 8 figure car in person!!!
Old 05-25-11, 05:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
These pics make me

Should have joined you Henry. Looks like it was an amazing time.

Car looks amazing Tommy. Fantastic events you guys put on.
yeah creedence, it would have been awesome if you joined as well!!! i had a great time and it was quite some experience!

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
How the hell did I miss this thread? Dude, AWESOME write-ups, OMG, I'm going to take down my reviews lol. I read it twice, felt like I was there. Tommy, very classy of you and thanks for sharing this experience with Henry and the forum.

Sir Mix A Lot ftw!!!!

Great job you two, much respect!
haha i tried to make the thread a little story about the day, but i was dog tired yesterday so i am not surprised if i messed up some details. tommy is very nice and he invited me over to join their events.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Great pics Henry and looks like a wonderful event! Thanks for posting.
the event was great. one thing i couldn't "show" from the pictures are the people. everyone was so nice and you can see they are all car enthusiasts. doesn't matter if they are exotic owners or spectators, a lot of great conversations. i think that's quite different from car and coffee i have attended