Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Washington State Troopers remind motorists that the left lane is for passing

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-11, 01:44 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Washington State Troopers remind motorists that the left lane is for passing

Washington State Troopers remind motorists that the left lane is for passing

The percentage of motorists who really understand the basic tenets of driving vary from state to state. In some areas of the country, hogging the left lane is a vile offense, yet drivers in other parts of the country use it as they see fit. This is incorrect, and it's also quite frustrating to the other motorists that understand the rules of the road. In an effort to remind drivers that the left lane is for passing, Washington state troopers pulled over 223 left-lane ignorati for ignoring the law.

The police ended up letting 199 drivers off with just a warning. We hope that warning serves as a lesson to make the driver more aware of the rules of the road. Now, if they could just start enforcing this more stringently throughout the rest of the country...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/12/w...-left-lane-is/
Old 05-12-11, 01:47 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much officers.

Education of ignorant/sloppy/lazy/uncaring/oblivious/selfish American drivers is the first step.
Old 05-12-11, 02:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I think its cool to let them off and just give them a warning. Funny because I had a patient just tell me that he was pulled over on the way into Phoenix from California for the very same thing. To bad that he had an open container in his car though. woops. A little warning turned into jail time for him