Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Report: Lamborghini tipped to produce 20 examples of the Sesto Elemento at €2M apiece

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-11, 02:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Report: Lamborghini tipped to produce 20 examples of the Sesto Elemento at €2M apiece

Report: Lamborghini tipped to produce 20 examples of the Sesto Elemento at €2M apiece

When Lamborghini unveiled the Sesto Elemento concept car at the Paris Motor Show last year, few thought it would ever get past the show stand. Sure, elements of its lightweight construction would trickle down to future production models, but as for producing the Sesto as is seemed rather outside of the realm of possibility. But then the rumors began circulating.

In the wake of the show car's debut, we began receiving reports that Lamborghini was, indeed, preparing to put it into production, albeit severely limited. Then follow-up reports suggested that the car could be strictly limited to closed circuits in order to avoid costly homologation procedures.

Now those rumors are rounding the mill again, as Sant'Agata reportedly prepares to bring the Sesto Elemento to market. If and when it does, Lamborghini will count on the concept's advanced composite construction to stick to the 995-kilogram (2,200-pound) curb weight. Coupled with the Gallardo's 5.2-liter V10 engine – possibly tuned for extra power – the production model is expected to hit 62 from a standstill in just 2.5 seconds, making it quicker even than the new Aventador which hits highway speeds in just 2.9.

Somewhere along the way, the Reventσn-matching million-Euro price tag that we thought was astronomical already will reportedly double to €2 million, or around $2.8 million USD based on current exchange rates. That's an enormous chunk of change, especially for a car you can't even take out onto the street. But considering the multi-millionaires who drop bigger figures on a decommissioned F1 car just for track days, the Raging Bull marque could very well have little trouble offloading the 20 examples pegged for production.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/11/l...esto-elemento/
Old 05-11-11, 04:33 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had the money, I would have to build a track so I could play with it on a daily basis.
Old 05-11-11, 09:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I am so happy to hear that they are going to produce a limited run of these beautiful and advanced cars. After all of the research why not make a little money on it
Old 05-12-11, 07:35 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am so happy to hear that they are going to produce a limited run of these beautiful and advanced cars. After all of the research why not make a little money on it
I fully agree with you on that one!
Old 05-12-11, 08:16 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

It's not going to be worth 7 times the LFA, I could have bought three LFA's and still buy a mansion with the rest

Glad they are producing it though
Old 05-12-11, 11:36 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The light weight of this thing is just unbelievable. Less than 1000 Kilograms
Old 05-12-11, 01:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
It's not going to be worth 7 times the LFA, I could have bought three LFA's and still buy a mansion with the rest

Glad they are producing it though
with the same logic the LFA is not worth 4 GTRs. The Sesto elemento is far more exclusive and advanced. Its the car of the future today. The LFA is an extremely advanced version of todays technology. The Sesto elemento makes cars like the LFA and 458 seem like pigs and sumo wrestlers when it comes to curb weight .....and 0-60 times for that matter .LOL. Great achievement for Lamborghini. Bella Bella!!!
Old 01-07-13, 06:00 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Production Specs Revealed

Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Production Specs Revealed

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-revealed.html

Building a car capable of a 2.5-second 0-60 sprint doesn’t need to be terribly complicated, but making one that does more than that does.

That’s why it’s so exciting that Lamborghini just released preliminary production specifications for its face-peeling Sesto Elemento supercar through the official Audi magazine. As you’ve probably guessed, the automaker is claiming the car can reach the 60 mph mark in that time. It also stays almost exactly the same as its concept car sibling which first bowed during the 2010 Paris Motor Show. Still, there are a couple of key differences.

First, the car will be stiffer than the concept. Second, it will be safer. Apart from that, it’s the same crazy looking, crazy-quick Italian demon as before. But what does that mean? Well, it sources power from a 5.2-liter V10 turning all four wheels through a six-speed automated manual — the same powertrain as a Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera. That means 562 hp and 398 lb-ft or torque which slings the car to speed so quickly because it only weighs 2,200 lbs.

Unfortunately, the Sesto Elemento won’t be street legal. Lamborghini chose to make it a track-only car in order to keep it as close to the concept as possible. Then again, you wouldn’t be likely to see one in the wild even if it were designed for street use — there will only be 20 built.
Old 01-07-13, 08:36 PM
Hoovey689

So low slung and sinister
Old 01-07-13, 10:12 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I hate to admit this, but beginning with the Reventon, I've been having trouble telling Lamborghini's apart. With that said, they all look incredible.
Old 01-08-13, 12:37 PM
Hoovey689

The last we heard about the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, Lamborghini had confirmed its production with only 20 examples of the track-only car planned, but now we're finally starting to get some of the details about this knife-edged car. AutoVisie recently had the chance to talk to Maurizio Reggiani, Director of R&D at Lamborghini, who not only confirmed what will power the new car, he also said that the production version will carryover almost untouched from what we saw in concept form at the 2010 Paris Motor Show.

What we now know is that the Sesto Elemento will share the same powertrain as the Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera including the 570-horsepower V10 and the all-wheel-drive system, and it will be built at a new factory dedicated to building prototypes and limited-volume cars like this. Also, the report states a curb weight of 2,200 pounds, a top speed of 320 kilometers per hour (198 miles per hour) and a 0-100 kph (0-62) time of just 2.5 seconds. The only changes made to bring the concept to production were to increase the car's rigidity and its safety. This means the car will still feature all-carbon-fiber construction and unique bucket seats that are actually built into the car's body; driver adjustments coming from the steering wheel and pedals.

The estimated price for the Sesto Elemento is two million euros, or around $2.6 million US, and although the original production date was slated for early 2013, Motor Authority now says that we'll have to wait for another "year or two" to see this car in the wild.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/08/d...esto-elemento/