Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ferrari Enzo replacement will be Veyron-inspired - report

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-11, 08:14 AM
LexFather

Post Ferrari Enzo replacement will be Veyron-inspired - report

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11104183...pired---report

Coming in late 2012 or early 2013

With the 10th anniversary of the Ferrari Enzo fast approaching, new details are starting to emerge about the car's highly-anticipated successor.

According to Autocar, the range-topping model has been influenced by the Bugatti Veyron and will compete in a world that has "moved on completely" from the original.

While this is decidedly vague, previous reports have indicated the car could be equipped with a hybridized twin-turbo V8 engine that produces upwards of 700 hp (522 kW / 710 PS). Besides the advanced powertrain, the Enzo is expected to feature active aerodynamics, a carbon fiber monocoque chassis and a smaller body that could borrow a few cues from the 2007 Millechili concept.

The car is expected to be launched in late 2012 or early 2013, so stay tuned for continuing coverage.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11104183...#ixzz1Jyy9WF2F

Old 04-19-11, 08:22 AM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now this should be interesting.
Old 04-19-11, 08:27 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

***pinches butthole in anticipation***
Old 04-19-11, 01:35 PM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

Pagani Huayra > Bugatti Veryron
Old 04-19-11, 01:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Doesn't seem as special as the Enzo was when it came out. This new Ferrari will have what the rest of its competition already have. Pagani already has active aero on the Huayra, Lamborghini already has a 700 hp Aventador, evrybody is doing CF monocoques and Porsche has already worked on a hybrid super car. The new Ferrari/F70 will welcome player to the field but just doesnt seem as special as the Enzo did compared to its rivals. Now nothing in the world can get me to say its not special. Its just not as special or revolutionary as the Enzo when it was released. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-19-11, 02:16 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I hope when they say Veyron-inspired, they are not talking about the styling. Because even though the Veyron looks very intimidating and exotic, there is nothing stylish about it.
Old 04-19-11, 02:18 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Doesn't seem as special as the Enzo was when it came out. This new Ferrari will have what the rest of its competition already have. Pagani already has active aero on the Huayra, Lamborghini already has a 700 hp Aventador, evrybody is doing CF monocoques and Porsche has already worked on a hybrid super car. The new Ferrari/F70 will welcome player to the field but just doesnt seem as special as the Enzo did compared to its rivals. Now nothing in the world can get me to say its not special. Its just not as special or revolutionary as the Enzo when it was released. Just my 2 cents
I feel the same way. I think is because most things are done already, it is almost impossible to make something very unique.

I remembered when the 288 GTO and F40 came out, that was crazy! Now look at the 599 GTO, while it is very nice, it is nothing but a lowered 599 GTB with better stance and a louder exhaust, it is just not crazy hot like it used to be.
Old 04-19-11, 04:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
I feel the same way. I think is because most things are done already, it is almost impossible to make something very unique.

I remembered when the 288 GTO and F40 came out, that was crazy! Now look at the 599 GTO, while it is very nice, it is nothing but a lowered 599 GTB with better stance and a louder exhaust, it is just not crazy hot like it used to be.
I agree 100%. They are fast. They are extreme. They are not as special or unique. I was laughing at the active aero on the new Ferrari. This means that Pagani is years ahead of Ferrari in that realm. When I was a kid very few if any where "ahead" of Ferrari
Old 04-19-11, 05:25 PM
LexFather

I have no idea how anyone can call a rare probably 500 production run supercar exotic produced by any brand not special. We are lucky and fortunate to be blessed with so many options today and so many different interpretations of the supercar.

We don't even know if that rendering is real or not

Ferrari's top car is usually a standard setter so its going to be great to see what they do.

Old 04-19-11, 06:03 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I have no idea how anyone can call a rare probably 500 production run supercar exotic produced by any brand not special. We are lucky and fortunate to be blessed with so many options today and so many different interpretations of the supercar.

We don't even know if that rendering is real or not

Ferrari's top car is usually a standard setter so its going to be great to see what they do.
Exactly.

If Ferrari is going to do an anniversary Enzo you can be damn sure it will be more than a little special.
Old 04-19-11, 07:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Not to stray away from this news about Ferrari, but I have to add (since were on the subject of supercars) that the Ford GT successor should also be reinvented around the same time this Enzo successor comes to fruition. Both the GT and Enzo came out in 2003. I posted a rumormill link a few months back, about the probable hybrid powertrain in Ford's upcoming supercar successor. It would be great to see these two go head to head much like they did nearly 10 years ago. Back to Ferrari, I like that concept rendering in the first post. And as for the title, I hope by "inspired" they mean powerspecs, top speed, aero etc and not design language. I'm sure Enzo Ferrari would be rolling in his grave if he found out the Italians were getting their ideas from the French LOL!!!