Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Buick Envision SUV Concept

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-11, 02:36 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buick Envision SUV Concept

Buick Envision SUV Concept Makes Global Debut
The Buick Envision SUV concept vehicle, which represents a convergence of future ideas and technology for Buick in the market, made its global debut today in . It will be appearing on the Shanghai GM stand at Auto Shanghai 2011.

The Envision merges Buick's global design language with Chinese aesthetics for the SUV segment. Inheriting the essence of Buick's "fluid dynamics and peaceful comfort," it incorporates GM's world-leading PHEV plug-in hybrid system. Its forward-looking and people-oriented technology and equipment are destined to change people's perceptions of SUVs.

"The Envision was developed jointly by Shanghai GM and the Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center (PATAC)," said Shi Hong, Director of Buick Marketing at Shanghai GM. "It introduces the development direction for Buick's future SUV products for the market."

According to Ed Welburn, GM Vice President of Global Design, "The Envision has inherited Buick design DNA and taken the Buick global design language to a new height. It makes a significant statement for Buick styling and technology, and will influence upcoming models from the brand."

Not my cup of tea.
Old 04-18-11, 06:12 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like it.

it reminds me of transformers with the chrome paint and blue lights.
Old 04-18-11, 06:39 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Lot of Hyundai styling in it i see which is not all that bad and the front and rear bumpers are all Lexus LF-GH concept reminders.