Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Video: Hennessey beats 2011 Nissan GT-R again, this time with twin-turbo Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-11, 10:08 AM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Completely pointless, this Escalade that is. Performance SUVs are an oxymoron to me.

It's even more amazing that there are people out there willing to waste so much money on a Hennessey-tuned Escalade for the sole reason of bragging that they smoked a GT-R, Corvette, Ferrari etc. at the light with their big, overweight and fat SUV.

But you know the saying: "There's a market for everything out there."
Old 04-14-11, 10:39 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bad co
Dude who poured sand in your va.... The new escalade is arguably one of the best trucks in it's class. It says your in the Philippines, do you even get the escalade they're, did you get to sit in one and test-drive one? I think not. I always find that the most vocal people are the ones that haven't tried or experienced the product.
Oh we (unfortunately) get these oversized mammoths here as well

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...C+ESCALADE+ESV

This mammoth Escalade comes mostly via grey and parallel car importers.........unlike Ford or Chevy which officially sells their respective mammoth mobiles (i.e. Expedition, Tahoe, Suburban, etc.)

Thankfully though, in our local roads, there are decreasing number of these oversized American mammoth mobiles............and the Escalade is the most apparent. Here are some apparent reasons why:

-excise duties for vehicle weight and engine displacement
-parking these oversized mammoths on Philippine roads is a hassle and a pain-in-the-***
-fuel consumption is abysmal (even for a full-size.......or should I say over-sized SUV). As Richard Hammond said: "Don't be surprised if your Miles Per Gallon are barely into double figures".
-other SUVs of similar engine displacement, size or class are better choices
-owning this vehicle gives the impression that you are either a corrupt politician or a douchebag with lack of self-esteem to think that getting an extremely big oversized SUV is going to make people think that you are a better person

oh and what the **** am I viewing this right:

Locally, we use Kilometers Per Hour (and not Miles Per Hour). Well, I know it's a grey or parallel import vehicle (i.e. imported from America) but still, you could have at least put some km/h readings in the speedometer

So yeah, when looking at SUVs, I would never ever be caught driving in such a monstrosity. IMHO, one would have to be delusional to think that a load of bollocks such as an Escalade is better than say compared to a Range Rover or a BMW X5 or even a Volvo XC90.

Haha, if I were to pick an SUV, driving an Audi Q7 or even a Toyota Land Cruiser (LC 200 or LC 150) makes more sense. Those SUVs would run circles around this POS which goes to show that this Caddy SUV is just rubbish.

In fact here's what I think:
Cadillac CTS-V Wagon - something that America can be proud of; world-class American made vehicle

while

Cadillac Escalade - proof that within America, there exist an object of wasteful excess that not only goes beyond irrationality, BUT on utter stupidity

In fact, I would say that the elimination of the Escalade would be the best thing that Cadillac would ever do.

Heck, you can spend that extra money on something of better and more substantial use.........like the development of the Right-Hand-Drive platform for the Cadillac CTS-V (in preparation for the moment the Cadillac brand debuts in Australia which appears to be coming soon)
Old 04-14-11, 10:53 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

funny to see, but its still kind of meaningless. I could add twin turbos to my LS and smoke a Ferrari. Now if an Escalade came stock that way then thats a different story
Old 04-14-11, 11:07 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Escalade is ****-poor vehicle at best (just like what Richard Hammond said). All bulk and bloat but ZERO substance.

Other than rappers, drug dealers, hip-hop + R&B singers and sports jocks, this vehicle is worthless.

Fuel economy is **** and I think the materials aren't as good either. From where I'm from, this vehicle is a sign of arrogance mostly used by corrupt politicians as well as by dip****s who have to eat up the others parking space.

In fact, between this comparo, the GT-R is still the victor IMHO.

So what if the big-*** bulk machine gets some souped-up twin turbos. It doesn't make the Escalade a 'better' vehicle (even against the GTR). No matter what you do, if a vehicle is **** from the beginning, then it will still be ****ty. In short, it is still ****.

With that said, I would say that it is the worst Cadillac vehicle in history

And I would be glad if Government Motors would not waste its time on POS like the Escalade and focus on other matters that are of higher importance.

/rant over
So I take it you're a fan of the Escalade

Funny seeing someone get so worked up over a vehicle...relax, life is short.

FWIW, I'm not a rapper, drug dealer, hip-hop + R&B singer nor a sports jock (unless high school varsity football counts ), and I love my Escalade. Owned it since 2006 and it's been a great vehicle.

And funny you're mentioning Richard Hammond's opinion. Not the biggest Lexus fan either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbdyg7xxZ6g
Old 04-14-11, 11:09 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrMut
Imagine seeing that huge suv at a track beating everything that pulled up to it? lol. Reminds me of that old (IIRC) Plymouth minivan some guy tricked out and would slaughter anything at the track.
This is actually not all that unique. Wasn't there a vid of a hopped-up old Land Cruiser spanking a brand new Gallardo at the track?
Old 04-14-11, 11:27 AM
E6BAV8R
Pole Position

So it goes fast in a straight line but around a track will get its *** handed to it. Yup, sounds like just about every other American-made production line car.

Funny thing is they could've bought a new GTR with the amount of money for that Escalade + mods.
Old 04-14-11, 12:00 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Escalade is ****-poor vehicle at best (just like what Richard Hammond said). All bulk and bloat but ZERO substance.

Other than rappers, drug dealers, hip-hop + R&B singers and sports jocks, this vehicle is worthless.

Fuel economy is **** and I think the materials aren't as good either. From where I'm from, this vehicle is a sign of arrogance mostly used by corrupt politicians as well as by dip****s who have to eat up the others parking space.

In fact, between this comparo, the GT-R is still the victor IMHO.

So what if the big-*** bulk machine gets some souped-up twin turbos. It doesn't make the Escalade a 'better' vehicle (even against the GTR). No matter what you do, if a vehicle is **** from the beginning, then it will still be ****ty. In short, it is still ****.

With that said, I would say that it is the worst Cadillac vehicle in history

And I would be glad if Government Motors would not waste its time on POS like the Escalade and focus on other matters that are of higher importance.

/rant over
lol, best post I've read in a while.
Old 04-14-11, 12:55 PM
LexFather

Guys Blackraven is a damn good poster here so let's not jump on him too much. A lot of what he said is true, I wasn't totally disagreeing just explaining some of the other side of things.

Not sure what a video of Hammond testing a SC 430 has to do with anything? Should I post a vid of a crappy Benz they have reviewed? It won't be kind either.

Old 04-14-11, 08:29 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Escalade is ****-poor vehicle at best (just like what Richard Hammond said).
Other than rappers, drug dealers, hip-hop + R&B singers and sports jocks, this vehicle is worthles
dont forget they drive Range Rovers, Cayennes, G/GLs
Old 04-14-11, 11:57 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

I would take the GTR any day
Old 04-15-11, 11:17 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by replica
lol, best post I've read in a while.
Hehe thanks.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Guys Blackraven is a damn good poster here so let's not jump on him too much. A lot of what he said is true, I wasn't totally disagreeing just explaining some of the other side of things.

Not sure what a video of Hammond testing a SC 430 has to do with anything? Should I post a vid of a crappy Benz they have reviewed? It won't be kind either.
Hehe thanks for that 1SICK

Anyways, with that said, that was just my opinion. Of course, people are free to agree or disagree. It's perfectly fine.

Granted, I might have offended some people especially owners of the Caddy SUV (like INHOCJP) so I apologize if ever I went to far or if I have said something below the belt.

However, my opinion of this vehicle will not change and IMHO, my stand still remains in that Government Motors would be a better company if they kill this vehicle in the future (i.e. they can use the time, money and resources on better and more useful things instead).

And yeah, as VENOM said, I'd rather own a GTR anyday. In fact, when it comes to full American cars, things like Dodge Viper, Corvette, Camaro, CTS-V Wagon, Mustang/Shelby Super Snake and etc come into my mind as these are proof that American car brands can be world-class automobile manufacturers.

Unfortunately, IMHO, the Escalade is far from world-class and wlll never ever be.

Old 04-15-11, 11:08 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL! That is so sick.
Old 04-16-11, 07:40 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

personally l love the look of caddy,,,its best looking full size suv to me,,,
Old 04-16-11, 06:52 PM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm curious to know how much $$ all those mods cost.

Basically, you throw enough money at ANY car and it would out accelerate a GTR, Porsche, Corvette, or whatever.

1000hp is crazy - but how many times could you beat on it before it'd blow up or need a rebuild?

Now if Hennessey provides a 3mo/36k warranty on that 1000hp engine...then I'd be impressed.
Old 04-17-11, 10:55 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

I don't think I would wanna go that fast in an SUV