Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)

Old 04-26-11, 11:52 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something like this:

Hopefully the text is legible.
Old 04-27-11, 12:08 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both of those photoshops don't do a darn thing to make the front end look any less ridiculous/horrific.
Old 04-27-11, 12:40 AM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

^lmao.

Mine's not even an actual photoshop, more like blueprints for someone who is good at photoshop to do it. :P
Old 04-27-11, 12:52 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Both of those photoshops don't do a darn thing to make the front end look any less ridiculous/horrific.
I agree, IMO it doesn't . I agree with SICK, that getting rid of the upper grille on a sedan is ridiculous and it looks silly. That's why Lexus will stick with the traditional upper grille, even if it no longer functions as an air intake.

As for the overall gaping LF-Gh grille, as has been discussed and photoshopped numerous times, I'm sure Lexus will somehow tone it down for production.
Old 04-27-11, 07:36 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

I'm hoping this takes a similar trajectory as the FT86 series concepts which get shocking better looking as the design moves toward production. This GS still fills me with high-grade meh. Put it back in the oven and bake her a little more.
Old 04-27-11, 08:05 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
As for the overall gaping LF-Gh grille, as has been discussed and photoshopped numerous times, I'm sure Lexus will somehow tone it down for production.
And yep
Old 04-29-11, 05:27 PM
LexFather

As I stated before I am not a fan of the front end. I really hope its toned down considerably. I don't require some bold front end. These chops are great

Its growing on me but I am not in love with it as I've stated before. That Porsche Panamera is uglier but calling me.

Old 04-29-11, 06:02 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

well considering that it will be revealed late this year, i am pretty sure design is already set in the stone :-)
Old 05-02-11, 05:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
well considering that it will be revealed late this year, i am pretty sure design is already set in the stone :-)
i again question how close the production one will look compared to this concept. especially the front end, i hope they are going to make changes to it. audi look far better that's how i will put it
Old 05-03-11, 11:03 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I can confirm one thing about this actual LF-Gh, it has a full engine and powertrain setup in there. I took a peek underneath the car when it was at the Preview Event in New York before the Auto Show's opening. I couldn't tell what motor it had but there is a working engine in there.
Old 05-03-11, 11:34 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
I can confirm one thing about this actual LF-Gh, it has a full engine and powertrain setup in there. I took a peek underneath the car when it was at the Preview Event in New York before the Auto Show's opening. I couldn't tell what motor it had but there is a working engine in there.
Unless the video of the LF-Gh running through streets and mountains of LA is fake, I think we knew the car runs already.

Did you get to see how many cylinders it has under the hood though? That would be much more useful info.
Old 05-04-11, 11:37 PM
LexFather

Info from a CL member who went to a focus group

Originally Posted by RufRidn
Just went to a focus group and to my surprise it was about the 4gs. They had it there along with a Audi A6, BMW 530i, Infiniti M35 and a Mercedes E350. All the cars were 2011 models and the GS was labeled as a 2013. They took everyone's phones away before they showed the cars so no pics.

The size seemed the same, it looked like it had leds as drls. Interior was real nice, had a little analog clock in the dash, the navigation was on the center and looked pushed into the dash. It had a split screen view so you can view navi and music at the same time.
Originally Posted by RufRidn
It looks alot sportier, the front end did kind of look like this without the fenders.

It also had the remote touch inside. The color combo they brought was hideous, silver exterior with tan interior. It was the 350 model and the sticker price with all the options it has came out to 51000. It has blind spot detection and pre collision as a option.[/QUOTE]

Old 05-05-11, 12:03 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Unless the video of the LF-Gh running through streets and mountains of LA is fake, I think we knew the car runs already.

Did you get to see how many cylinders it has under the hood though? That would be much more useful info.
It was actually driving in the streets of Pomona and Diamond Bar.

Most people think the concept car is running with a small motor or battery pack. This isn't the case. I'll be posting up a lot of my detailed pics in the coming days from the LF-Gh Debut in NY.

And no I wasn't able to see under the hood. But I did peek around closely and found a few interesting details.
Old 05-05-11, 12:04 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Info from a CL member who went to a focus group

It also had the remote touch inside. The color combo they brought was hideous, silver exterior with tan interior. It was the 350 model and the sticker price with all the options it has came out to 51000. It has blind spot detection and pre collision as a option.
Interesting info, wish there was more, but we shall know soon enough in the months ahead. Seems to confirm that the concept grille will be toned down.
Old 05-05-11, 02:55 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
It was actually driving in the streets of Pomona and Diamond Bar.

Most people think the concept car is running with a small motor or battery pack. This isn't the case. I'll be posting up a lot of my detailed pics in the coming days from the LF-Gh Debut in NY.

And no I wasn't able to see under the hood. But I did peek around closely and found a few interesting details.
Please elaborate