Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)

Old 04-05-11, 10:30 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus needs to grow some ***** and just go with it. Come on! Do it! I'd buy it. I promise.
Old 04-05-11, 10:39 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm excited to see the final disappointment - AGAIN!
Old 04-05-11, 10:40 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Um, no. Based on the disgusting hourglass Audi-esque grille, the gaudy headlamps, the tacky air dam, and the randomly shaped, fragmented taillamps. There's plenty to find offensive in just these two teasers alone, unfortunately.
I have a feeling that even if Frank Lloyd Wright designed it at Walling Water with help from Van Gogh and Michelangelo you and some others would still complain.

Old 04-05-11, 10:42 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
You seem to.
Only as you and Mike are hellbent on defending the "design" of this car.
Old 04-05-11, 10:45 AM
LexFather

As opposed to you puking? I like what I see thus far, I am concerned about the Audi/EVOish front end. I'll reserve final judgement of this near production concept when seen in full, and hopefully in person.

There is nothing wrong with not liking it thus far but I think we should not go overboard as well.

Again I hope Lexus does not blow a huge opportunity here as I honestly am not in love with any design in this class. I find the best the Xf and 9-5 and the XF reminds me of the 3GS.

Old 04-05-11, 10:46 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Why not? We like it for the most part (still not too keen on the Audi grille) in contrast to you hating it. Doesn't mean that everyone will agree to it.
Old 04-05-11, 10:51 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Man ... I hope this car is a hit ... Seeing what they did with the CT, I have my hopes up
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

This is interesting. I can see some current Lexus design, such as the LEDs, the CT like grill, and CT like fog lamps, also the LS rear trunk lid and L shaped tail lights. Im not in love with the front end, but Im sure it will look better in production form.

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Not holding my breath seeing this concept ended up like this.
I dont know what you are seeing, but look closely as the designs. The overall aspects of the concept went into production, just highly toned down -- the strong shoulder line, the grill shape, the headlight shape, the shape of the whole vehicle with the sloping rear window.
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
As opposed to you puking? I like what I see thus far, I am concerned about the Audi/EVOish front end. I'll reserve final judgement of this near production concept when seen in full, and hopefully in person.

There is nothing wrong with not liking it thus far but I think we should not go overboard as well.
Originally Posted by flipside909
Why not? We like it for the most part (still not too keen on the Audi grille). Doesn't mean that everyone will agree to it.
I was responding to flipside's comment that I seemed to care about the design of this car despite the fact that it won't make it to production. I'm simply defending my thoughts on this design against your beliefs based on specific examples provided by these teasers. I'm fine with people having different opinions and never said otherwise.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I have a feeling that even if Frank Lloyd Wright designed it at Walling Water with help from Van Gogh and Michelangelo you and some others would still complain.
If it looked good then I wouldn't complain. Very simple. Who cares who's designing it and where; if it's ugly it's ugly.

This statement is like me saying that I have a feeling if this had an Acura or Nissan badge on it you would be complaining. Completely baseless.

Last edited by knihc2008; 04-05-11 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-05-11, 10:55 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Man ... I hope this car is a hit ... Seeing what they did with the CT, I have my hopes up
It better be...the 3rd Gen had potential but Lexus screwed it up by offering the wrong powertrains and mediocre performance characteristics.

Originally Posted by RXSF
This is interesting. I can see some current Lexus design, such as the LEDs, the CT like grill, and CT like fog lamps, also the LS rear trunk lid and L shaped tail lights. Im not in love with the front end, but Im sure it will look better in production form.
Agreed. Obviously this is just an exaggerated interpretation. I have my hopes up as it may be my next Lexus.
Old 04-05-11, 11:00 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exterior has me nervous, but it will likely be muted in production form anyway.

What I'm realy hoping to see is a new interior design that will wow us all, and make it to production largely in tact.
Old 04-05-11, 11:07 AM
LexFather

I was responding to flipside's comment that I seemed to care about the design of this car despite the fact that it won't make it to production. I'm simply defending my thoughts on this design against your beliefs based on specific examples provided by these teasers. I'm fine with people having different opinions and never said otherwise.

If it looked good then I wouldn't complain. Very simple. Who cares who's designing it and where; if it's ugly it's ugly.

This statement is like me saying that I have a feeling if this had an Acura or Nissan badge on it you would be complaining. Completely baseless.
Knock off the argumentative crap. It is two teasers, you are posting like the car has been shown. This is no ugly Acura or some Murano Crossdressor or Juke and most here liked the Altima concept and Essence so knock it off and stop painting broad brushstrokes.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth
Really? Its that bad? These 2 small concept pics?

Old 04-05-11, 11:19 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Alucard
The exterior has me nervous, but it will likely be muted in production form anyway.

What I'm realy hoping to see is a new interior design that will wow us all, and make it to production largely in tact.
I think the only thing you will be able to tell from the concept interior is whether or not it will have remote touch. The RX concept interior revealed the swooping curve of the dash and the remote touch...and not much else.

Old 04-05-11, 11:20 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

People are reading too far into this. Concept cars are supposed to be bold and aggressive...to get people talking just like we are doing here. They're also supposed to give automakers the chance to say, "This is what we are capable of!" and illustrate that they can do something different and outside the box. They can do all of this while gauging public perception to the overall shape and exercise, less so the details which will already have to be toned down for the sake of mass manufacturing and real world use.

So...calm down. This is just a left-field glimpse of what the 4GS will look like - tone down the cues and think about how past concepts have translated into production, and wait to see the actual 2013 GS when it arrives. Plus, we're only looking at two corners of the car...still waiting for everything else.
Old 04-05-11, 11:20 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Welcome back, Mike. Hope Lent's been going well for you.

Have you been able to test-drive a Fiat 500 down in your part of the country yet? I did a thread on Fiat's upcoming dealers (studios) ...I'm sure you saw it. I plan a 500 review ASAP.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-05-11 at 11:26 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)