Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-11, 01:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Here are just a few photos I took at the unveiling:

More to come...
Old 04-23-11, 03:50 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
The LF-Gh is definitely midsize. It just looks big in some pics because of the way zoom lenses can alter the actual look of the car. I have several pics that I will be posting up soon from The LF-Gh Concept Reveal and pics from the show floor.
Thanks Flip!

Yeah, I was hoping that it was just the pictures giving it the appearance of a large sedan.

I'm even more excited now. The design is certainly appealing to me, I just hope they don't change it much when it hits the streets.
Old 04-24-11, 12:04 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The styling, although still very similar to my LS460, looks great. its growing on me. Its like a current generation LS460 went on a diet and got some plastic surgery
Old 04-25-11, 07:17 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
So if the LF-Gh looks too big to my naked eye, that will be a turnoff. I still need something that can be somewhat nimble on its feet, as well as squeeze into tight areas, because, well,
It's really (too much for my taste) comparable to the 5 series. When leaving the unveil, a silver 535 rolled down the street and I thought it was the concept at first glance.

you know how I drive. lol
lol yep, SLOW
Old 04-25-11, 12:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

they better not tone it down too much :-).

Btw Mike was right, GS did sell rather well for first 3 years worldwide, even better than previous generations. 55k worldwide in first year was impressive.

Of course, LS sold like crazy before crisis hit (72k ww)... 2007 was probably overall a great year for Toyota/Lexus dealers everywhere.
Old 04-25-11, 05:21 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Imagining the Next-Generation Lexus GS
Mas*ter pho*to*chop*per Theophilus Chin has put together his best esti*mate of what the next-generation Lexus GS could look like.

By blend*ing the LF-Gh with the other recent design cues we’ve seen with the refreshed 2011 IS and CT 200h, I think Chin has been able to hit very close to what we can expect to see with the next-generation GS.

Old 04-25-11, 05:30 PM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

I have big hopes or the GSh. I never see the GS450h. I would really like to see a GS hybrid dominate.
Old 04-25-11, 06:36 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
It's really (too much for my taste) comparable to the 5 series. When leaving the unveil, a silver 535 rolled down the street and I thought it was the concept at first glance.
The concept looks better than the 5 to me.

lol yep, SLOW
LMAO, only when compared to you, and maybe 1Sick. So like my license plate says...

Originally Posted by spwolf
they better not tone it down too much :-).

Yeah, too toned-down, I hope it won't look like that photochop.
Old 04-25-11, 07:18 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

]So like my license plate says...
There' a lot of orange peel on your bumper
Old 04-25-11, 07:45 PM
LexFather

Not bad....I need to see a GS-C.....freaking got FR-S fever

Old 04-25-11, 08:07 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Motor
I wouldn't be remotely interested if they produced this. Hear this Lexus? You'd lose a customer in this segment for a fact.

But, I know Lexus will do better than this and I can stay a happy sport sedan customer. Can't wait for the next LSh too!

Last edited by G Star; 04-25-11 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-25-11, 08:33 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

That photoshop makes the next GS almost passable as the next Camry. I seriously hope the next GS will not end up like that.
Old 04-25-11, 09:46 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

No way the 4GS will look like that photoshop. All previous photoshops of future Lexus products have been wrong.

Well, I have a strong feeling that the LF-Gh itself won't be exactly what the next GS will look like. The LF-Gh it seems to me will be similar to the LF-S and LF-Xh concepts. Both concepts previewed the styling of future products, but neither of them looked exactly like a future product. The GS and LS turned out to be less bulbous than the LF-S, and the RX turned out to be a bit more sculpted and with less edges and more curves compared to the LF-Xh.

The rumors of the 4GS looking almost like a Maserati, and the word of the 4GS being a very sleek and curvy design may still hold true. We shall see in the coming months when the production GS debuts.
Old 04-26-11, 03:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ydooby
That photoshop makes the next GS almost passable as the next Camry. I seriously hope the next GS will not end up like that.
you know what? KY workers have said that new Camry has 5 series profile.

:-)
Old 04-26-11, 03:42 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
No way the 4GS will look like that photoshop. All previous photoshops of future Lexus products have been wrong.

Well, I have a strong feeling that the LF-Gh itself won't be exactly what the next GS will look like. The LF-Gh it seems to me will be similar to the LF-S and LF-Xh concepts. Both concepts previewed the styling of future products, but neither of them looked exactly like a future product. The GS and LS turned out to be less bulbous than the LF-S, and the RX turned out to be a bit more sculpted and with less edges and more curves compared to the LF-Xh.

The rumors of the 4GS looking almost like a Maserati, and the word of the 4GS being a very sleek and curvy design may still hold true. We shall see in the coming months when the production GS debuts.
we can only hope that the guy designing FR-S also designs all future TMC products :-)

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)