Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)

Old 04-05-11, 09:54 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even though this is simply a concept, do yall think Lexus will abandon the Quad head lamp system on GS? i hope not, its a distincitive aspect.
Old 04-05-11, 10:04 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by AJL0365
Even though this is simply a concept, do yall think Lexus will abandon the Quad head lamp system on GS? i hope not, its a distincitive aspect.
Probably. The quad headlamp design was really never a GS original. It started with the 1st generation SC300/400 and only adopted on 2nd generation GS. The original 1st generation GS had a single assembly with a seperate projector lowbeam and conventional highbeam.
Old 04-05-11, 10:09 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by knihc2008
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth
Negative Nancy? Not sure how one could throw up based on those two teasers unless they are going for the dramatic post effect.

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
As was rumored before, you can see the CT-esque cues in the front end and I think you can get an idea for what it might look like when toned down for production.

This is so aggressive...I'm impressed
Glad to see the aggressive headlight treatment. That is one thing I never loved about the 3GS, the quad lamps were not as aggressive as the 2GS.

Clearly that Audi/EVO front grille will cause Lexus haters and even Lexus lovers to go . My assumptions are the middle part will be painted on the production version.

Another assumption is maybe that is how the new front ends of the "F" models will look further distinguishes them from the regular models.

Or its just a concept front end. It will cause conversation.

Originally Posted by J.P.
I do not think they can be too aggressive on this, swing for the fences and over do it, rather see that then some bland design
Agreed. Notice this concept is white and not silver like past concepts. It is clear this car has a short front overhang and it seems to have aggressive wheel arches up front. The rear deck seems to be short again, a GS trait as you can see the C-pillar rising.

There is plenty of "L" lines in the teasers and many make production. The Tailights have L shapes inside. The separate LED is a L shape.

The GS has a great chance here to stand out in design.
XF looks like the 3GS with a different rear/front
5 looks like a 3 or 7 with no imagination
E class looks like something from the 1980s
A6 looks like an A1/A3/A4/A5/A7/A8
M37/56 looks like a feminine wavy fish with SUV snout
9-5 is actually a pretty good but no one knows it exists

DO NOT BLOW IT LEXUS You have a great opportunity to create a style leader here.

Originally Posted by AJL0365
Yup quads are gone.

Old 04-05-11, 10:11 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As someone else noted about audi, front reminds me of the RS5
Old 04-05-11, 10:13 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,358 Posts

front / rear lights look great.

grill/bumper look darth-vaderish
Old 04-05-11, 10:15 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Agreed. Notice this concept is white and not silver like past concepts. It is clear this car has a short front overhang and it seems to have aggressive wheel arches up front. The rear deck seems to be short again, a GS trait as you can see the C-pillar rising.
Actually the car is silver. The first Lexus concept cars have always been silver.
Old 04-05-11, 10:16 AM
LexFather

Thanks. Looked white....Maybe I'm thinking ahead

Old 04-05-11, 10:17 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Negative Nancy? Not sure how one could throw up based on those two teasers unless they are going for the dramatic post effect.
Um, no. Based on the disgusting hourglass Audi-esque grille, the gaudy headlamps, the tacky air dam, and the randomly shaped, fragmented taillamps. There's plenty to find offensive in just these two teasers alone, unfortunately.

That said, maybe it'll all make sense together in full pictures. Who knows. The fact is, it doesn't matter. The production car will have NONE of these design cues.
Old 04-05-11, 10:19 AM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clearly that Audi/EVO front grille will cause Lexus haters and even Lexus lovers to go . My assumptions are the middle part will be painted on the production version.
I certainly hope you're right...
Old 04-05-11, 10:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Um, no. Based on the disgusting hourglass Audi-esque grille, the gaudy headlamps, the tacky air dam, and the randomly shaped, fragmented taillamps. There's plenty to find offensive in just these two teasers alone, unfortunately.

That said, maybe it'll all make sense together in full pictures. Who knows. The fact is, it doesn't matter. The production car will have NONE of these design cues.
Its a concept car...its always going to be bold and dramatic. Like with any kind of concept, it will take getting used to.
Old 04-05-11, 10:20 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

I must have missed Easter this year.
Old 04-05-11, 10:21 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

hmmm, I kinda like it.
we've been complaining it's too bland before.

I'm up for the new look

the nike leds are OUTSIDE the headlamps, front is aggressive. If they raise the darth vader grill a bit, not hang too low, it'll probably look better.

claws and pincers everywhere

please don't screw this up lexus.
Old 04-05-11, 10:22 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Haha oh yeah Lent aint over yet buddy. You have to give up something else!
Old 04-05-11, 10:24 AM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
Its a concept car...its always going to be bold and dramatic. Like with any kind of concept, it will take getting used to.
Excuses, excuses, excuses. I'm not calling this concept car bold and dramatic. I'm calling (whatever details we see currently) ugly. Concept cars don't always take getting used to. Some are just plain gorgeous from the get go. Three Lexus concepts that immediately come to mind are the LF-S, the LF-C and the LF-Ch. This looks like a Transformer mid-transformation. But once again, it really doesn't matter. We wont' see anything in these teaser shots on the actual car so who cares
Old 04-05-11, 10:29 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Excuses, excuses, excuses. I'm not calling this concept car bold and dramatic. I'm calling (whatever details we see currently) ugly. Concept cars don't always take getting used to. Some are just plain gorgeous from the get go. Three Lexus concepts that immediately come to mind are the LF-S, the LF-C and the LF-Ch. This looks like a Transformer mid-transformation. But once again, it really doesn't matter. We wont' see anything in these teaser shots on the actual car
Times are changing. The LF-S, LF-C concepts are dated designs. Those are almost 10 years old now.

so who cares
You seem to.

Last edited by flipside909; 04-05-11 at 10:33 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)