Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-11, 01:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

looks like everyone is copying Audi's LED lights nowadays. I saw them on the new IS350 as well. Seems like most car manufacturers borrow design cues from others. Lexus is clearly not immune to this.

I like the design I see here and think once it watered down it will look pretty solid. As a guy with kids now I see the value in having the larger cars. At least the manufactureres are trying to jazz them up a bit
Old 04-05-11, 01:15 PM
LexFather

LED lights are being mandated in Europe. Also LED lights are brighter (safer) and cheaper and more efficient than conventional bulbs. LED lighting also allows for more adventurous headlight/tailight design since they are smaller bulbs and designers can be more adventurous.

Its always funny to me people love to say Lexus copied Audi with LED daytime lamps but hardly anyone says Audi copied Lexus with LED headlights.

No other brand offers this many LED headlight options on different vehicles and none on more affordable luxury vehicles like the CT and HS.

Lexus should get kudos for this but sadly its overlooked as usual.

Old 04-05-11, 01:24 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seeing how different the CT concept was from production, and how extreme the Gh concept is, none of us will have any idea how the GS production will turn out

maybe that previous photoshop (below) won't be too far off after all.....
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)-lexus-gs-hybrid-sedan.jpg  
Old 04-05-11, 01:36 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
Seeing how different the CT concept was from production, and how extreme the Gh concept is, none of us will have any idea how the GS production will turn out

maybe that previous photoshop (below) won't be too far off after all.....
Nah .. I don't see lexus going for the "One design... multiple sizes" approach like audi, and now BMW...
Old 04-05-11, 01:48 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I like the taillights. Also the front does remind me of transformers or gundam robots lol. Hopefully LFA cues will make it into future lexus sedans
Old 04-05-11, 01:58 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Btw id rock that photoshop concept!!
Old 04-05-11, 02:12 PM
venom21
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I getting a Sonata-esque vibe from the rear. Or is that just me?
Old 04-05-11, 02:17 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
fixed........
Uh, not this time.
Old 04-05-11, 02:36 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm. Well, It is certainly aggressive. That much I can say. I do like the taillight treatment although it is slightly BMW esque. I'll reserve all other opinions on the design until I see the whole thing.

One thing that worries me though, I see some FT-86 Concept II cues in that front end, and I wonder if this will be a new design language where yet again Toyota cars look like Lexus (Camry-LS anyone). When the hell will Toyota learn to stop making their damn cars with Lexus design cues or vice versa.
Old 04-05-11, 02:43 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just realized that there is this "shelf" in front of the headlight... I hope that looks good when the whole car is revealed..

Last edited by GiantsFan; 04-05-11 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-05-11, 03:10 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

R.i.P to quad lamps and bubble look.........i smell Camry/LS shape....Cth front grillish....Audi/BMw/MB following suit around the line-up coming
Old 04-05-11, 03:29 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Hmm. Well, It is certainly aggressive. That much I can say. I do like the taillight treatment although it is slightly BMW esque. I'll reserve all other opinions on the design until I see the whole thing.

One thing that worries me though, I see some FT-86 Concept II cues in that front end, and I wonder if this will be a new design language where yet again Toyota cars look like Lexus (Camry-LS anyone). When the hell will Toyota learn to stop making their damn cars with Lexus design cues or vice versa.
it is impossible for lexus and toyota not to share design influences - they are both Japanese companies and lexus is owned by toyota.

to me this looks a lot like LFA sedan and definetly japanese.
Old 04-05-11, 03:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

this thread is funny... 6 pages very quickly
Old 04-05-11, 03:31 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
It better be...the 3rd Gen had potential but Lexus screwed it up by offering the wrong powertrains and mediocre performance characteristics.
Originally Posted by flipside909
The new speedo cluster in the new ISF is horrible. It's pretty hard to glance down and figure out how fast you're going while you're driving. Lets hope the new GS doesn't go that route.
i really appreciate that you can still be pretty objective even though you have a PR gig with Lexus.

i am certainly glad the CT is off to a rockin' start, and i really hope this new GS is a hit, but judging by this thread there's no way it will please everyone.
Old 04-05-11, 04:10 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

The aggressiveness of that design kinda tells me that the GSF is around the corner.... Like Ive said in many other threads, I cant picture the GSF in the 3GS body. But this just might be what the GSF needs.

Quick Reply: Lexus LF-Gh Concept (updated, pics posted)